Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, March 13, 2009
Good Morning!! It is now almost noon!! I am so frustrated with myself. I had wanted to post early this morning after finishing an ODBD card with today's to keep everyone updated on the happenings of this week's Anniversary Happening at Our Daily Bread, but that didn't happen. I had company arrive at 7 a.m. this morning and stay for a few hours. I couldn't really say, ah I really can't visit right now so I went with the flow and had a great visit and then scurried about like a lunatic! Any way here I am with the schedule of events after I share my card for today's limited supply challenge.....


Today I went buggy on challenges. Not only did I include a bug on my card with four layers or less on my card with no designer paper (LSC211) , but I did a lot of other challenges and firsts to boot. My image is stamped and watercolored using the set I Am the Way from Our Daily Bread Designs. Two weeks ago my local scrapbooking store went out of business. I frugally bought some things that were cheap because I couldn't pass up on the deal. One of my frugal finds was 45 yards of this ribbon from American Crafts. I am not usually into too much print ribbon especially stripes but it was a deal!! I got it for $3. (WT207). In order to keep with the challenge of having 4 layers or less and still dimensionalize or cut out my image (cut it out TLC207) and have color (since we couldn't use dp) I made a recessed window. (TLC207). In all of my years of stamping or making cards, I have never made a circular card. This was a real challenge since the nestabilities dies do not go up to 5 inches. I used lids our of my stash of tupperware to trace and cut out the three outside circles. To make the scallops around the edge, I experimented with my scalloped border punch. Who would of thought it would work. IT DID! It is a lot quicker, however, to use a nestabilities if nesties would go that big. lol! I have never sewed in a circle using the zig zag stich. I was a little nervouse that it would go crooked after all of the work I had put into it. Phew! It didn't!! I am really beginning to love, love, love Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy distressed with chocolate chip!! Not using any dp is hard for me but if I have my cuttlebug and some dies..... I will survive!
CARD RECIPE
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs- I am the Way, SU Bloomin Beautiful- bee
Paper: Baja Breeze, Sky Blue Textured, Not Quite Navy, white CS, watercolor paper
Accessories: Paper Company Brads, American Crafts Ribbon, Craft hemp, nesties, distresser, sponge, cuttlebug embossing folders (swiss dot and textile), brown thread, sewing machine, glitter


Now for the ODBD One Year Anniversary Celebration, the moment you have all been waiting for.....If you participated in the Our Daily Bread Design's "Bread Basket Scavenger Hunt" the winners are to be posted today on the ODBD Blog. Two more of our my "fellow pastries" (aka design team members) will be featuring two more sets from Our Daily Bread Designs. One of them is giving away BLOG CANDY! Their creations are magnificent so you don't want to miss it. So click on over to Betty and Dina's blog! For more info. on the weekly celebration visit the ODBD blog! Oh.... yesterday's card featured a lot of materials from ODBD. Kelley has really expanded her inventory to include shimmerz, Basic Grey, SEI, Memory Box paper, flatback pearls, Glimmermist, ornare, and the list goes on and on. When you have a chance, you should check it out. Hope you are enjoying the fun!! Thanks for visiting today. I hope you enjoyed today's post!

15 comments:

Becky said...

This absolutley gorgeous, love the colors and the textures on this, just a work of art :).

Anonymous said...

Your card looks so wonderful...sorry to hear about your busy day. Your card is really beautiful!

Michelle said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful card! Love how you incorporated so many challenges!! Too funny about your fear of messing up with your stitching (which is perfect, BTW)...that's how I feel stitching zig zag NORMAL, lol!! After working so hard on my cards, I usually end up NOT sewing on it because I'm afraid I'll mess it up & have to start all over!! I guess that's what embellishments are for, lol!

Ginny said...

GORGEOUS love brown and blue together, looks like a lovely touchy feely card :0)

Jacquel said...

Ooh, I love this card Chris! the colors you used are lovely...tfs!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Ohhhhhh.....I just love what you've done with this card!!! Love the circular card (I've never made one of those before), love all the cut out images and the texture is just awesome!!! A truly gorgeous card!!!

Shirley said...

I love this card! The detail is lovely and the colors are just wonderful! How elegantly beautiful. Thank you for your comment on my blog. If you liked that you might also like the tutorial I just posted on the Impression-Obsession blog: http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/

Linda Beeson said...

Wowie on your wonderful card! I just love that color and the way you did that embossed piece! LOVE your creation!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Chris, love the shape and all the wonderful detail. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Stef H said...

This is beautiful. It almost looks like its made of blue tin! Just gorgeous!!!

stampinfrog said...

WOW This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the circle card with all the textures from the embossing. Fantastic job!TFS
Hugs, Connie(stampinfrog)

Zoe said...

Hello Chris, I love your pretty creation and I love the design.
love
Zoe
xxxxx

Danielle said...

Wow Chris - this is a gorgeous card. Just love those blues and fabulous design. Great work!
Hugs, Danielle

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

All of your cards for the event are spectacular! You are such a talented artist, thank you for sharing these with us.

Janna said...

Another absolutely gorgeous creation!!!! I love this circle card and the embossing you did! The stitching is fantastic and I adore that striped ribbon! But those lilies are just stunning! Wow, wow, wow!! A gorgeous creation!!!

Smiles,
janna

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.