Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Hello Friends!! I am so sorry for not posting lately.  Unfortunately we have been dealing with illness in our house...my mine priority has been trying to make them well....Nicki's pneumonia is improving although it seems to be slow.  Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and prayers for her.

Today I am popping in to share this week's Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs....a sketch!! ...an easy sketch!!!


Our Daily Bread Designs, Lavender, Chris Olsen

For my creation I used the new Lavender stamp set!! I just love this set!!  My creation is relatively clean and simple and took little time for me to create.  The lavender along the bottom of the card was colored directly on the stamp with a few purple watercolor markers (SU) and Wild Wasabi Green for the leaves.  I masked my image and stamped it a few times.

The edge of my card is die cut with Spellbinders Rectangles.  I purposely layered the white and lavender so they were slightly overlapping for a more two tone frame.

The verse is framed with the oval from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles.

Card Recipe:
ODBD Stamps Used: Lavender
Dies Used: Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles, Radiant Rectangles (oval for sentiment)
Trim: Lavender Dyed Seam Binding



The bible speaks about the importance of friendship and how we are to build one another up in love.  What better example of genuine love and John  15:13 than the gift of our Savior on the cross...the ultimate sacrifice.  

My goal for today is to do one kind thing for someone else and encourage them in some way.  It is amazing what one encouraging word may do for someone!!  It can be the one thing a person needs to know they are appreciated and loved!!


Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! 

John 15:13 


Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

Proverbs 27:17 


Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 


Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.



I want to thank all my blogging friends for their encouragement on each and every post!!

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until January 19th  to join us.   For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a  chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you were inspired in some way by my creation.  Have a blessed day!!!

blessings,


Challenge I am playing in:
Word Art Wednesday - feel free to stop by their site for free digi verses and inspirational quotes weekly

14 comments:

Grace said...

Christ this is soooo beautiful!!! Love the texture added after coloring the lavender and the pierced oval is perfect, esp. with the lavender focal words! Gorgeous my friend.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, this is SO beautiful indeed! I just LOVE this verse, and it's so amazing that we chose the same verse…such a precious one and so wonderful that God has given us friends to love, encourage, and pray for each other! I LOVE your take on the sketch and how you've used the beautiful lavender sprigs with that gorgeous frame (I just love this die)! It's definitely a card I'm pinning and will try myself! You, my precious friend, are the perfume of my life as you encourage me and pray for me; I am so thankful to God that He brought us together! Thank you for your love and support and how you shine the Light of Christ in all you do! Warm hugs!!

Amy Johnson said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

*Vicki* said...

Yikes!! I can't tell you how much I just LOVE this one Chris!! Favorite colors, love the flowers and the layout is stunning! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)

Sandra H said...

Hi Chris, l'm hoping for a healthier house hold for you and Nicki's pneumonia clears pretty quickly but like you say its a slow process .....It's lovely to see you crafting though! this is absolutely stunning your so creative truly inspiring take care xx

Diana Nguyen said...

I LOVE this card! I especially love the "fields" on lavender and the texture...and the shape of the color...and the colors. Yep, I just really like this one! :)

DJ Rants said...

Wow, I love this artistic beauty!! The lavender flowers look fabulous on the latic EF!! Gorgeous dies and I love the different colors in the verse!! Blessings!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is stunning! WOW, Chris - you've really outdone yourself this time. What a gorgeous creation. God has certainly blessed you with some talent! Thanks for using it for His glory, and for sharing with us. I appreciate it, and it's just lovely.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Robin Clendenning said...

Love your gorgeous lavender field and your framing is wonderful!!!! Love it! Beautiful embossing and sentiment too!!
Sweet card my sweet friend!

Linda Carson said...

Oh that's stunning! Very elegant and very feminine! Love the beautiful shape and two tone frame! I can almost smell the lavender! Someone's day will truly be encouraged when receiving this beauty! Hope Nicki regains her strength and health soon! Praying!

Alshandra said...

Such a beautiful card Chris. Love the stamped lavenders with the embossing and what a great idea with the two toned frame! So elegant and beautiful.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh my Chris this is stunning!!! WOW!!! Love the quilted look!

Conniecrafter said...

Stunning, pretty stamping love the embossing over it and the stamping of the verse is so neat, like how you used different colored inks.

Kelley said...

Wowzers!!! So pretty!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.