Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hello friends!! I hope all is well!!

Today is the first challenge of the year for the Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs.  It is a fun one too...use the numbers 2-0-1-4- for a recipe on your creation.


Here is my creation:

Our Daily Bread Designs, Canning jars, Canning Jar fillers 1, Canning Jars 2, ornate sentiments, Ornate borders and flowers, Canning jars dies, Antique Labels and Borders, Chris Olsen

2-sentiments, 0-ribbon, 1-bow, 4-layers
Card Recipe:

Spellbinders Dies: A2 Bracket Borders 1, Floral Doily Accents
Paper: My Mind's Eye, craft, Neenah White

Yes, that's right...Christmas is over and we are on to Valentine's day....LOL!!  Seriously I had a blast creating this card with these bright cheery colors and patterns!!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday with family and friends!! I know ours was busy with visiting family in NY, visiting family in VA and dealing with the stomach flu (ugh!), and now my dear daughter has pneumonia.  I am so sorry I have been MIA.  I am trying to change that but I am so behind.  While it looks like I am not creating, I really am...but many can't be shared right now...some will be open on Splitcoast for the Dirty Dozen on January 15.

I am not big on resolutions, since in my experience they don't last long, but the Lord has put it on my heart to encourage others more.  One way I can do that is through my cards.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Ephesians 4:29 

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Hebrews 10:24-25 

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Philippians 4:8 

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

I want to thank all my blogging friends for their encouragement on each and every post!!

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until January 12th  to join us.   For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a  chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you were inspired in some way by my creation.  Have a blessed day!!!

blessings,

11 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Such a 'sweet' card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, I "heart" you! This is such a sweet and darling card, and I just LOVE the pretty pastel colors with the wonderful DP and twine! It's yummy! Can't wait to try this for Valentine's Day, which is coming up soon! Praying for Nicki to recover and that you all keep warm and safe! Warm hugs and love, Cheryl

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, such great cheery spring colors!

Robin Clendenning said...

So sweet!! Quite literally!! Love the beautiful colors you used for this card. That Chevron paper is is colorful and pretty like eye candy!! I can't wait to get these jar filler (ordered). They are so cute! I love the borders you have on your card as well!!
It IS funny that we both thought of speaking encouragement this post! I love your scripture references! That may be my goal this year...putting at least one scripture on each post!!! Such a wonderful idea and a way to share God's word with others!!! Love you sister!

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun card Chris!! Love the colors and patterns on your design! HUGS :)

Alshandra said...

Beautiful card Chris. Love the colours and border dies you've used. I love the new releases - mine just arrived today! Yay!
What wonderful verses to start a new year with! Thank you for the encouraging verses!
Sorry to hear you've had the flu and your daughter has pneumonia - hope you've recovered and praying for your daughter's quick recovery. Elizabeth

Linda Carson said...

You can feel the love in this bright and cheerful beauty! Love the pp lid and textures! Hope your daughter is feeling better! By the way...I think you have the gift of encouragement!

DJ Rants said...

Well, I've been stuck in the 'Polar Vortex' of North Dakota and finally made it back to WA last night (ended up renting a car and driving since it would take a week to get a flight!) Anyway, I'm back online and loving this wonderfully cheerful creation you've cooked up!! Great colors and patterns, the paper piecing goes so beautifully with the pretty hearts!! Thanks so much for the verses, so true and needed in our lives!! Blessings!

DebR said...

Your creations are always so very beautiful. They inspire me.

Marlena M. said...

I'm sorry your family has been sick~esp. your daughter with pneumonia. So scary!
Your card is delightful Chris~fun bright colors!

Diane said...

What a darling jar full of hearts.

Hugs Diane

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.