Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hello Friends!! I hope everyone is well!!  

Today I am popping in to share this week's Shining the Light challenge......An Inspiration photo.  I always find these challenging.  The photo is full of inspiration though.



Here is my take on the inspiration:



I was inspired my the mason jar of flowers but rather than make an image with a jar and flowers, I just made flourishes of flowers to frame the scripture: Psalm 130:5 from ODBD Scripture Collection 9.  It is stamped on scrap dp and cut our with a rectangular scallop die.  The verse is also matted on an embossed piece of Pink pirouette and framed with the Rectangular Fleur De Lis die.  I had a blast using my scraps of greens and even corrugated cardboard to create foliage and flourishes.  The flowers are created with a Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch (small and large)  I scored and sponged the insides to make them more like the inspiration and also more realistic.

Card Recipe:
ODBD Stamps Used: Scripture Collection 9
ODBD Dies Used: Ornate Border and Flowers Dies, Fancy Foliage
Other dies: Cheery Lynn Fancy Flourish
Punches: Martha Stewart Hydrangea, twig


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until January 26th  to join us.   For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a  chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you were inspired in some way by my creation.  Have a blessed day!!!

blessings,


Challenge I am playing in:

19 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

What a gorgeous card! Love all the details in it, especially scoring the petals (genius!) and the wavy stitching.

Alshandra said...

Soooo beautiful Chris! I love the colours you've used and those flowers are so pretty! Great idea for using up scraps for the leaves and flourishes - they are so gorgeous and the colours go so well together. Such a beautiful card with a lovely verse. Elizabeth

Grace said...

Chris this is sooo beautiful!!! Love the flowers!!! Your greenery looks so pretty with them and frames the sentiment beautifully... and the wandering stitching is perfect for the shabby chic feel of the inspiration photos!

hugs
Grace

Unknown said...

So beautiful made!
Regards Ageeth

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, this is absolutely gorgeous! I just love your colors and the beautifully placed flowers and foliage! And the stitching is fabulous! Just love how you layer the embossing and dies so beautifully. I agree with Grace…the wandering stitching is perfection! Just love it all…truly inspiring, especially with the verse! We must always trust in Him…alone, precious friend! Warm hugs!!

Unknown said...

Chris,
That corner piece with the pearl draws the eye to the last line of the sentiment and the three pearls as well as I put my trust. What beautiful floral arrangements. Thank you for dropping by and sharing your inspirational art with us today.
Blessings
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Becky said...

This is so beautiful! Love the light colors and the stitching, and love that verse.

Robin Clendenning said...

WOW Chris!!!! This card is super gorgeous!I love everything about it!! NEVER thought about using corrugated card stock for die cutting, wow! Love the scripture and sewing is fantastic!!! Lovely layers and die cuts and beautiful colors so soft! Love it!!

Chrissy said...

A stunning card Chris..love the verse and the gorgeous flowers and colours..fabulous stitching which is so effective..beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Chris! Your card is a perfect reflection of the inspiration photo! Love the messy stitching, although it does not look a bit messy on this beautiful creation, and the floral elements! Hugs, my friend!

Amy Johnson said...

this is so gorgeous!

Sandra H said...

A very beautiful card Chris, love the pretty design

Karen Letchworth said...

What a stunning cad, Chris. I love the stitching pattern on this. It really gives it a lovely border accent. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your talents with us by playing along our challenge. You are such an encouragement to me, and I thank you for stopping by to share with us.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Linda Carson said...

Awesome-ness at it's best! Awesome details, awesome textures and awesome design! It's just awesome!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful flowers and I just love all the greenery with them! the stitching is a terrific touch!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Chris...STUNNING!! I LOVE all your cards, but some are very special....this is one of them... so heart and soul touching!!
Love & Hugs

DJ Rants said...

Oh Chris, this is out of this world!! Gorgeous flowers and wonderful verse!!

Kelley said...

Chris, so beautiful!! Love your take on the challenge!! Sewing adds such a pretty touch!!

Nicki Olsen said...

Stunning Mom!! Love, love, LOVE the sewing on this as well as the flowers and soft colors!!Love you!!
Hugs,
Nicki

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.