Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Thursday, April 25, 2013
Happy Thursday Friends!! I hope all is well with you all!!  I am blessed to have my parents here for a vist!!  Life has been busy but fun!!!  I am so cherishing the time we are spending together!!!

Today I would like to pop in share a card I created.

I just had to break away from my more feminine cards to make a masculine birthday card for my dear hubby's birthday next week. Hopefully he likes it....


Our Daily Bread  Designs, the Waves on the Sea, The Mighty Sea, Fishing Net Background, Chris Olsen





For my card I used Waves on the Sea and Fishing Net Background to be released on May 1 from Our Daily Bread Designs as well as The Mighty Sea 

The background is embossed with SU basket weave. For some added texture, I added burlap.  The top of the banner panel is embossed with soft swirls from Provocraft.


I hope you are inspired by my creation!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Have a great day!! Thanks to all who leave comments, I so enjoy your kind words.  They make my day!!

blessings,


challenges I am entering my creation in:
Through The Craft Room Door Anything Goes
Stampavie and More -192 Lots of diecuts
Cards und More #80 Scene Stamps 
Loves Rubber Stamps  #49 The Great Outdoors
Tuesday Throwdown #144 Make Your Own Backgrounds
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Goes, 
Nutcrafters -  Anything goes

Make it Monday- anything goes

Addicted to Rubber Stamps- Make your Mark
Sisterhood of Crafters- Free for all!

32 comments:

kathi17 said...

I love your card Chris. Those new stamps are so beautiful, I can't wait to see them all!

I love the fishnet background with the embossing, it really looks like water!

Have fun with your parents!

We've been moving my mother from one house to another lately, so it's been busy here.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darlene said...

WOW ... you have transported these images into a true work of art! LOVE your design and your coloring is beyond words ... WOW!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Free For All (anything goes)’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the colours and all the details on your card! Awesome! Thanks for playing with us Loves Rubberstamps!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Chris this is brilliant that image, the colours and design all look awesome.
hugs
lorraine x

Stef H said...

i've seen sunsets AND sunrises that actually look like your background. gosh you're good! this is gorgeous!

hope the storms have finally stopped and all is well. i had to get a whole new back door for my garage. rotted wood, door broke - i guess that's what happens after alot of rain and 3 floods. oh well. such is life.

hugs :)

marion said...

What a fab men's card, so stylish. So glad you joined our challenge at Cards und More, alas to be eligable for a prize or a top 3 you are allowed to combine our challenge with a max of 5 others and you entered more than the max alas. Hugs, Marion

Margaret said...

Beautiful. Great background. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful! I hope you are doing well! I don't have time to comment like I used to...full time job gets in the way of everything fun! LOL

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous creation Chris!! LOVE the brilliant colors and image here!! HUGS :)

Grace said...

This is sooo pretty Chris! I love the colors and how you made them pop, and the image on the banner goes perfectly with the new image... beautiful masculine card!!!
hugs,
Grace

Pia S said...

I'm certain your hubby will love this, I sure do - I love nautical themed cards! It's a beautiful blue color, the fishing net background looks great, and the added texture is such a nice detail. A great layout and card - spotted it on MIM.

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW- your card is stunning. Your husband should have this framed since it is so gorgeous. I saw it on MIM and it just pops since it is so incredible.

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a great job you did with this sketch! I love all the rich color and texture!

Conniecrafter said...

Glad your enjoying time with your parents... your hubby will just love this, great masculine design, love the coloring and texture you have given to it and great way to combine the stamps!

Florence said...

Stunning Card. Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge this week.
Regards Florence.

Stempelomi said...

stunning card!
We are very happy that you take part at the Cards and More Challenge. To participate in the draw of the prize and the Top 3, you have to follow the challenge rules. Unfortunately, you have linked more than 5 challenges and can not take part in the draw this time. I am so sorry. We would be delighted if you join in again next time :-)

Hugs,Beate

Shanna Shands said...

This is a really awesome card. i love ocean cards and I love you you colored the image. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps.

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow...this is such a fabulous card. Love the beautiful colors and great image. Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday. :)

Kimberly S said...

What a gorgeous masculine card Chris! The colors are amazing, and that image is just perfect. hugs, Kimberly

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl said...

Oh.my.goodness.Chris...what a knock-out!! It's absolutely gorgeous, it looks like a photo with that sunset! Love the dimension and textures you used here...truly a great masculine card!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wow! This is STUNNING! I love the rich colors and all the texture. Great design! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Melanie said...

A fantastic card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes" challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

Claudia said...

Hi Chris, what a great card. The effect with the background paper is fantastic and brings your wonderful main scene perfect into importance.

We are very happy that you take part at the Cards und More Challenge. To participate in the draw of the prize and the Top 3, you have to follow the challenge rules. Unfortunately, you have joined more than 5 challenges simultaneously and cannot take part in the draw this time. I am so sorry, it's such a pity. We would be delighted if you join in again next time :-)

Hugs Claudia

Joynana said...

I could use a lot of words to tell you what I think of this card. But, the only one I am going to use is gorgeous. Love how you used the burlap. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Debora said...

Fabulous card! Great coloring, and the design is awesome! I love the different textures,and how you did the waves. Saw you on MIM.Hugs!

Micki said...

Oh Chris, absolutely beautiful!! Love the vibrancy of the colors. Simply stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Greta said...

My jaw dropped! This is one amazing card, Chris!

Laurian said...

What a fabulous card!
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this week and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugs
Laurian

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so fabulous, I love the colors and the fabulous design. The coloring and the image are so great. Your husband is going to love this. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps and don't forget to Blog Hop and comment in our Sunday Blog Hop! http://www.lovesrubberstamps.com/

Tammy said...

WOW, another gorgeous card Chris! Beautiful image and I love all of the textures!
Hugs, Tammy

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.