Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, June 6, 2010
Happy Sunday Everyone!! I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Since today is Sunday, that means we have a new Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge this week.

This week's host is Kathy and she chose the verse: Genesis 1:26, And God said,"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Have you ever thought how amazing creation really is! Creation is the most marvelous and breathtaking artistry ever!! It amazes me sometimes how there are those who believe everything just evolved. How? Each and every animal, plant, and person is so different, unique and special,....magnificent... It is our duty to cherish each creation and care for them. What an awesome responsibility God has given us!

Kathy's challenge is: Make a card/project that has some kind of animal on it. It could be a fish, bird, or land mammal, or a creeping bug.:)

Here is my take on the animal challenge:




I used a Whimsy digital image designed by Meljens Designs for Whimsy Stamps called Mouse Princess I colored it with prisma and gamsol. The card uses the Midnight Madness Sketch for this week as well as the colors for The Going Grey with Snap-Creations Challenge.

Did you know Whimsy also has a monthly challenge. This month's challenge is to create a card or project with a summer theme with an insect or bug as a twist. You can view the details here.


Challenges:
Whimsy Stamps- Summer time with a twist of a bug or insect
Your Next Stamp-Use a border punch
Daisy Doodle- Anything goes
Polka Doodle~sew
Pixie Dust~ Punch it out
Delightful Sketches- texture
Stamp Something- Go Digital challenge
Midnight Madness Sketch
Going Grey with Snap-Creations Challenge.
Daring Card Makers- pearl
Creative Inspirations- stitching-faux or real
Quixotic Challenge- Go Wild
Our Creative Corner-Summer inspired



For more inspiration for the hearts challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ, please visit my dt sisters: Candace , Grace , Kathy, Kristine , Linda, Lisa, Peggysue, Randi
Meisje, Rebecca

If you should create a card or project for this challenge, please leave a direct link here. Should you upload your creation to SC or PCP, please use the keyword SSIC42.


Thanks for stopping by and for all your comments! Have a blessed day!!

45 comments:

Carol L said...

They simply don't get any cuter than this one! It makes me smile with that darling image and all of your fabulous details! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Tara said...

Fab card Chris - I love the image and the papers work perfectly! And I totally agree with you about creation, it is a truly remarkable thing and often takes your breath away! For me the way the seasons change totally blows my mind!
Hugs Tara xx

Grace said...

Oh so cute Chris!!! I love how your framing and of course the cute image is colored so sweetly! Great take on the sketch!!! Loved your words too! Hope all is well and you can start to unwind!!! Hugs!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Awww... this is just gorgeous! Love the soft colors and your stitching looks awesome!

Jan Hennings said...

Just adorable!

Becky said...

She is sooo cute..love the colors and dp.

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Chris, this is perfect for our challenge! Beautiful card, gorgeous layout and of course a fantastic image :) Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

LorettaL said...

Chris, this card is DARLING!!!

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

Your card is absolutely ADORABLE ! i love everything about it =)

Kathy W. said...

Awww this is so cute Chris! I love the mouse.

Riet said...

Ohhhh Chris,What a beautiful card,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kristine said...

SUCH a cute cute card Chris--Love this adorable mouse =) And thank you for including me in your links too, you're very sweet! Hope you are enjoying your many guests this weekend =)

Anonymous said...

How cute Chris, she just looks like a princess. Sweet details is what we can always count on with your cards. I love how this princess goes beyond the circle. Have a great week!

Patti J said...

Awww, Chris, your card just plain makes me happy! Love it! I so look forward to checking out your blog each day to see what delightful creations you have posted! Happy Sunday, dear girl - thanks for sharing your beauty with us!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Chris!

This must be the cutest fairymouse ever! What a darling. Very pretty card! Your cards always have such a soft feeling and your detalis are fab! Love the pearls in the corners.

Thanks for playing with us Chris. Its good to know that you have not gone far ;o)

Mvh
Gunn
MMSC GD

Carol Hurlock said...

Hey Chris...I know now you miss us as much as we miss you because you made two cards week for Midnight Madness!!! lol This is just so sweet and I love that Bible verse. I love to watch and feed the birds in my back yard(and the squirrels that love my bird seed). I have come to appreciate snakes and go the other way when I see one because I know they are good for the environment. Now if I could only get it through my head about spiders....then I would be good to go!!! lol

Beautiful work my dear as always. I love the color of this and your fabulous details. Thank you so much for joining us again this week. Hope you are enjoying your summer.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lynda said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous card I love the detail on this card it is stunning

Lisa Summerhays said...

Beautiful card Chris!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is so adorable, Chris! I loved it the moment I saw it! Who can resist a princess... and a mouse princess at that! Lovely work, as always.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Hugs,
Lisa

Danni said...

What a super sweet image!! Fabulous card, love all the layers and borders! Fun!

stephanne said...

Oh my goodness, this is adorable, what a sweet image and loving all the punch work!!

stampinfrog said...

Oh Chris this mouse is just the cutest!Fabulous coloring and love all the layers with the punches!
Hugs,Connie

pam124 said...

Chris, I couldn't wait to get to your card from the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I wait with breath held to see what magical creation you will come up with. And, here it is, once again! That mouse image is adorable and look at all those borders!!! Wonderful use of colors, dp and that beautiful stitching and pearls!! A real show stopper once again. I hope you will be able to play the MM challenge again next week!!!

peggysue said...

That little mouse is the most adorable thing and so lacy and delicate! What a fabulous job choosing just the right papers as a foil for the image too. And yes, one glimpse at the marvel of the universe and evolution makes no sense, but then, it is a theory and not fact after all.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Such a darling image and lovely card...Yes, God loves all creatures, great and small. We have only to look around us and listens to the sound of birds to see the beauty He has created.

cheryl said...

wow hun this is just stunning,super detail and so love how you have used the border punches,thanks for joining us at creative inspirations,hugs cheryl xxxxx

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Chris, this is so cute! Love all the border punches you used on your card. Pretty colors and added little touches like the pearls and butterflies. Beautifully designed as always. So glad you continue to play along with us!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, I don't even think I can put into words just how ADORABLE I think this card is....LOVE all the white punched borders, the mouse is so cute and so beautifully colored, perfect sewing....awesome, Chris!

Carolyn said...

So adorable, Chris! I love these punches and your sweet feminine style.

Miss you...Hugs,
Carolyn

Hanne said...

This card is fantastic! Love all the borders and the image is super!
Hanne

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Chris. Love the design of the card and the cute image also. Hugs Michele x

Basement Stamper said...

so cute! Love the little mouse. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations.

Marlene said...

Beautiful!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Chris, what a stunning card! Love all of the details. Your border trim is perfect. Wow! Nice to see you playing along with MM!
Denise

Mary C said...

WOW Chris I love all three cards you made for the Going Grey with Scrap-Creations challenge this week. That little mouse is adorable on this card and I love the BG paper you used with it! Wonderful work this week, thanks for playing with us!

Kristen said...

Oh my word, that card and image are fabulous. Thanks again for playing

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Chris - this is so adorable on so many levels! I always love all of your details - they make your cards amazing! That mouse is way too cute and the colours perfect! I love it that you have created it for the MMSC along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - gawjuss! Thanks for sharing my friend! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC and MMSC Design Team

Jolara said...

beautifull ! Thanks for joining the Pixie Dust Studio Challenge

Joyce xoxo

jaine drake said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card. Good luck at creative inspirations.

Kim Dellow said...

Totally cute Chris! Lovely work. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie this week. Kim

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Awww Chris! This is lovely! Gorgeous trim details with all those nesties, fab coloring and fun papers. Love it! Thanks for going digi with us at Stamp Something this week! :)

papertrails leaver said...

what a beautiful card! The sweet mouse image is precious!

Julie Leblanc said...

Great take on the challenge at OCC... thanks for joining us:-)

jude said...

Beauitful card love all the attention to detail.Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations.Good luck hope to see you again.
hugs judex

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.