Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Hello, Friends!! I hope you have been having a blessed day thus far and you all are doing well!!

Today I am popping in to share a creation I made for this week's ODBDSLC256 Create Your Own Background challenge at ODBD!!  I had so much fun using some new goodies on my creation that are not even released yet: The Tree Trimming Trio stamps and matching die sets and the O Come, Let us Adore Him die!!  I can see making a lot of fun Christmas cards with these sets.  I have so much to do in the way of Christmas cards before the holidays!!

I had fun creating a background by embossing the Snowflake Background in Holographic embossing powder and inking it over in Night of Navy ink.  It is so shimmery in person, especially with the O Come, Let us Adore Him cut from Glitter paper and the layering of another die cut in navy. The ornaments (stamped and die cut using the Tree Trimming Trio stamp and die set) are layered on a piece of light silver glitter paper.


Our Daily Bread Designs, Tree Trimmings Trio, Snowflake Background, Leafy Edged Borders, Tree Trimming Trio dies, O Come Let us Adore Him die, designed by Chris Olsen

ODBD Stamps Used: Tree Trimmings Trio (sneak peek), Snowflake Background
ODBD Dies Used: Tree Trimming Trio (sneak peek), O Come Let Us Adore Him (sneak peek), Leafy Edged Border
Other: MS Eyelet Border Punch, Snowflakes Embossing Folder
*******************************
While Christmas is a time of celebration, we all can rejoice each and every day for our blessings!!  We not only can thank God for sending His Son as a baby and later for the gift of His death and resurrection for our salvation, but our everyday blessings!!

I Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus
*****************************
You say, but I am suffering, with one health issue after another, a loved one has passed on, it has been the worst day ever or etc. When Jesus died on the cross, He gave thanks.  He was not giving thanks for the agony He was going to face on the cross, but for the outcome of that suffering, His future joy!

So what do you have to be thankful for in the future, the very best possible future you could ever imagine if you believe on Him!!
-You will have the free gift of complete forgiveness of all your sins extending into forever (Romans 6:23).
-You will never have to earn salvation or justification by keeping the law. Grace is free and does not come from anything you can do (Galatians 2:16) other than believing on Him.
-You will receive all the grace you need at all times so that you will abound in every good work God has for you (2 Corinthians 9:8). This does not mean that times will not be tough but rather that God will be with you to help you through it.-God will complete the good work he began in you (Philippians 1:6).-Once you die, you will be raised from the dead and never, ever die again (1 Corinthians 15:52–53). -Upon your death, you will see Jesus, be with him (2 Corinthians 5:8), and be like himIn that day, you will know for the first time, full joy.You will be completely free from all corruption or suffering (Romans 8:21).You will have God forever as your exceeding joy.
*************************
For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters
If you would like to join us, we would love to see your creations.  You have until October 3 to join us!!  If you do join us and use ODBD stamps, you have the opportunity to be spotlighted on the next challenge or randomly be chosen to win a $15 gift certificate!  For more details, see the challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by!!  May you have a joyous day!! I so appreciate your visits and comments.



8 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

Beautiful card! I can only imagine how shimmery and shiny it must be in real life. And I definitely give thanks for you, my sweet friend!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card Chris! I love the blue and white! Love the shadowed effect your words have and the beautiful sparkle! What a wonderful new release!
Thank you for your message as well! So true and I am so happy to be His!
Your card is a beautiful message of Him even without any other words but yours are perfect and such a help to those who may want to know but don't know where to start or where to go (the Bible is really big!).

Julie Gearinger said...

I agree with Diana and Robin- gorgeous!!! Love the blue with the white and the layered die cut! Your cards are always beautiful and so encouraging as well as your message of hope!! So thankful that we know the One who saved us and can have a future hope of eternity in Heaven!! So thankful for Christ's sacrifice on our behalf and looking forward to spending eternity together worshipping Him :-) Have a blessed week, my friend- hugs!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, I too love the layered dies with the shadow effect...it's stunning and just glimmers with shine! And I just love the colors and beautiful layout! Hugs!

Cathymac said...

Your card as well as your message are just beautiful, Chris! The shimmer on your card, your embossed background, and the ornaments are gorgeous. Love the curvy border and the stitching! The beauty the Lord has imparted to you certainly comes out in your creations! Hugs!

Susan.... said...

This is an exquisite card Chris !..
Hugs
Susan x

Unknown said...

I love your variation of shade on the background with the shimmery embossing powder! That is so interesting! Chris, your use of a shadow die cut on Adore Him is such a nice detail along with the glitter! GMTA, I had something similar for another upcoming challenge. LOL! Have a great day!

Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris! One of my faves with these sets! Loved reading your thoughts as well! We do have so much to be thankful for!
May I be the first to wish you happy birthday... only a few hours early! :)

Hugs,
Grace

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.