Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Hello Friends!!

Yesterday marked the 6th Anniversary of ODBD being in business.  In celebration the Shining the Light Challenge Team at Our Daily Bread Designs is having challenges each week of March related to the Anniversary.  

This week's challenge is to use 6 of something on your creation.  It can be six words, six stamps, 6 layers, six pearls, six flowers and etc. 

I made two cards for today's challenge.  

Yesterday Our Daily Bread Designs celebrated their 6th year Anniversary and had a new release of many Beautiful quotes, scripture and sentiments!!  For my first creation I just had to use one of my fave quotes which I feel is a great reminder.  It has 6 words....

Resting and letting have God have total control is very difficult.  I sometimes feel like I should help him along...but that is not faith...


Card Recipe
ODBD Stamps Used: Quote Collection 4
Embossing folder- Darice Flourished Leaves
Paper: My Mind's Eye

Here is my creation using six stamps and dies from Our Daily Bread Designs.



Card Recipe:
Stamps: Sweeter Than Honey, Zinnia
Dies:ODBD Beautiful Borders, ODBD Elegant Ovals, ODBD Custom Zinnia and Leaves dies, Ornate Borders and flowers dies
Paper: Blooming Garden Collection
Embossing Folder: Darice Honeycomb

What a powerful verse.  While David is talking about God's sweet words, all words have the ability to encourage or tear down.  Many have heard the old adage "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."  How untrue!!  Words do and can kill.  In the same way that hurtful words can harm, kind words encourage.

Can you encourage someone to day with a kind word?


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until March 23rd  to join us.   For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a  chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.

I hope you are in some way inspired by my project!
Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!! I truly appreciate them.

Blessings,


Challenges I am adding my creations to:
Word Art Wednesday: Inspirational scripture, quotes or sentiments

11 comments:

Sandra H said...

Oh so pretty are you card and truly elegantly presented x

Alshandra said...

Such beautiful cards Chris! Love the first one - so elegant and your bows are so beautiful! Second card is just as fantastic - love the black, brown and white together :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, both of these cards are gorgeous! I love the elegance of the first one...the stitching embossing, beautiful border and pearls...and one of your "signature" bows! Totally love it, and I love the truly wonderful quote...such a good reminder to rest in what God is doing in our lives.

And your second card is wonderful with all the great ODBD items and is just too sweet! And I love this Scripture verse, because God's Word is so sweet and precious...His promises are true!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work and your heart for the Lord through these wonderful cards. You are a treasure, sweet friend!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Chris!! LOVE your aqua card especially (probably cause I love that color Hee!). Love your beautiful big ribbon and bow! Love the sentiment, the border cuts, sewing around the edge, pearls, embossing...well, everything!! and I love your bee card too with the honeycomb embossing and borders, ribbon, and framing all in black! Very cool!! Love the bg on that paper too!

Diana Nguyen said...

Two beautiful cards, Chris! I love the softness of the first one with the gorgeous bow and all the wonderful details of the warm second card.

Lucy E. said...

Beautiful cards and amazing sentiments/verses!

DJ Rants said...

Both cards are so beautiful!! Love all of the dies and texture you added, you're such an amazing artist!! Blessings!!

Patti J said...

Chris, these are beautiful, as always! Gosh, has it really been 6 years? Great job, dear friend - thanks for the inspiration!

Linda Carson said...

Absolutely beautiful artwork Chris! You have such a beautiful eye for details from textures to stitching to pearls to design! Beautiful....as usual!

Grace said...

Both are just beautiful Chris! I love the colors and softness of the blue one... and the rich details and warm tones of the second one. Loved reading your thoughts as well! So true!!!
hugs,
Grace

Conniecrafter said...

such a pretty background and I love the flowers stamped on the verse panel!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.