Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Hello Friends!!

I hope everyone is doing well!! Today is the second week of Anniversary challenges at Our Daily Bread Designs.  

This week's challenge is to use purple, lavender or Amethyst on your creation since the Anniversary stone for a 6 year Anniversary is Amethyst.

Here is my creation:



I had a blast coloring up my Bee Balm in Lavender and Purple!!!  I wanted to create some texture and interest so I embossed the background in Sizzix Circles and Dots and used the shape of Decorative Labels 28 and Labels 28.  In order to keep the card standing I made a straight bottom on the back panel.  The sentiment is from Earth's Gladdest Day.

Easter will be here before we know it although it comes later this year so I thought it time to begin some spring/Easter cards.

To me it is no surprise that Easter occurs in Spring as the flowers and plants experience new life once again.  What symbolism!!  We too can receive new life through the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior.  What a gift of new life if we only believe.

John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

1 Peter 1:3  
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!  In his great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead...

As we see the new life sprout around us, we have so much to rejoice in!!!!


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until March 16th  to join us.   For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a  chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.

I hope you are in some way inspired by my project!
Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!! I truly appreciate them.

Blessings,


challenges I am entering my creation in:
Word Art Wednesday

14 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, what a beautiful Easter card! And I love the Scripture verses that remind us of the most wonderful gift from God through Christ's death and resurrection for us!! Your coloring is exquisite, and I love the beautiful colors lavender and purple with your "signature" ribbon...so luscious! And your embossing and die shapes add even more beauty to your card, that will surely bring joy to someone special at Easter! Fabulous inspiration, sweet friend! Hugs!

Diana Nguyen said...

This is just magnificent! I love your layers of dies and your classic beautiful bow!

Sandra H said...

Chris, This is truly beautiful x

DJ Rants said...

Oh Chris, what a lovely shaped card!! Brilliant use of the ef with the fabulously colored bee balm!! You are such a wonder with layers and texture and I adore your perky bow too!! Hugs!!

Grace said...

Gorgeous Chris! LOVE the shaped card and how you doodled around the one label! Love your coloring and the wonderful verses you shared. Truly inspiring and a wonderful reminder!
hugs,
Grace

Linda Carson said...

Such an exquisite way to showcase the bee balm! Love your stunning bow and ef background! It's picture perfect.....as usual!

Robin Clendenning said...

OMGoodness Chris!! This is amazingly beautiful!! I love your embossing and your gorgeous purple Bee Balm! That ribbon is Be-U-ti-ful!! WOW, and WOW!! Love it precious friend!

DebR said...

This is so beautiful...such rich colors.

Greta said...

I gasped when I saw this card, Chris--absolutely stunning creation! Your talent is amazing--always inspires me!

Alshandra said...

Such a stunning card Chris! Love the layering and the embossing! Your bow is so gorgeous and love what you wrote in your post! Yes, spring is a fantastic reminder of what our Saviour has done for us and how we can have new life in Him! Thanks for sharing those verses :-)

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love the framing and the texture you gave to it with the embossing!

Becky said...

Beautiful card. Gorgeous colors.

Papercrafting Princess said...

The layers are beautiful and what a perfect bow!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous, Chris. Everything you make is stunning, and I always greatly enjoy seeing your lovely art. And better yet, having you share with us in our challenges is a HUGE blessing. Thanks so much for stopping by, and God bless your week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.