Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Hello Friends!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!  It is now March and hopefully Spring will be here soon.  I am so longing for the sunshine, warmth and flowers!!  I guess I have been experiencing the winter blahs!!

To cheer my mood, I decided to go with pastels and flowers for this week's Shining the Light challenge at ODBD which is to use metal and/or sweets on your creation.  

Our Daily Bread Designs, Zinnia, Daisy Chain Background, Beautiful Borders, Zinnia and Leaves Dies, Chris Olsen

This past week, ODBD released some gorgeous dies and stamps which I used for today's card.

The background is created with the Daisy Chain Background.  The Zinnia is colored with copics and cut out with the custom Zinnia and Leaves die.  The border along the bottom is the Beautiful Borders die from ODBD.  

The Zinnia is layered on and with the Decorative Labels 28 die from Spellbinders. 

 My piece of metal is the brads in the center.

*******************************

As the snow covers the ground and so many yearn for spring, it is so easy to get in a slump to look for the negative rather than the joy in life.  It is not a part of God's plan, however, for us to not trust in Him and see the joy in life.  Sure there are times when life gets us down...we are human.  Do you know how important God feels it is for us to be joyful in Him?  Joy is mentioned over 826 times in the Bible!!

so...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Phil. 4:4

This is the Day that the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

My goal is to be Joyful today and share that joy with others!!

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until March 9th  to join us.   For this challenge you may use any stamps but it you have any Our Daily Bread Designs stamps we would love to see you use them. If you participate, you have a  chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be Spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (The Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps). We would love to see your creations.

I hope you are in some way inspired by my project!
Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!! I truly appreciate them.

Blessings,

13 comments:

Patti J said...

Chris, your cards are always so lovely, and today's is just gorgeous...love the soft pink! Beautifully done!

Alshandra said...

Such a beautifully soft card Chris. Love the pastel colours and those brads in the centre of the Zinnia are gorgeous!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris! What a beautiful card, and I love the soft pastels and this fabulous zinnia...and leaves! Love how you've used the Daisy Chain Background too and the beautiful dies to pop your flower! And there's that "signature" bow of yours!! I love it all, precious friend, and I so agree with you about JOY! Yes, it's been a long, hard winter...but spring is coming. Great reminder to be joyful in the Lord...in all things...and at all times...even when it's hard! Warm hugs, precious friend!

SarahGeorge said...

What a beautiful card, Chris. Loved the soft pastels colors and your scriptures were such an encouragement! And thank you sooo much for visiting my blog the other day. I was so happy to see your comment :)

Becky said...

I am with you on JOY! :) Your card is gorgeous Chris, Love the background and the layers, and who would of thought using buttons with pearls in the center of that flower would look so fabulous!:)

Diana Nguyen said...

So soft and pretty! Love how you did the center of the zinnias!

Robin Clendenning said...

Chris, I love your pink and white card!!! It is so sweet (besides the metal brads). Love your dies and ribbon as well as the lovely Zinnia!! Just bought that daisy bg die, can't wait to use it now that I've seen YOUR gorgeous card!!!

DJ Rants said...

Such a beauty!! Wonderful colors and all of the layers make it so elegant!! You've done a fabulous job of coloring this beautiful zinnia!! Blessings!

Sandra H said...

Oh Chris this is so elegant xx

Greta said...

Drop dead gorgeous card, Chris & in my favorite color! I love the background & border--on my wishlist! Your coloring is wonderful & the button/pearl combination is lovely!

Conniecrafter said...

Such pretty softness to your card, great combo of the stamps and dies.... good reminder that even if we are sick of winter that we should be thankful for this day and whatever God has blessed us with.

Linda Carson said...

Absolutely love the soft elegance of this beauty! Quite striking and very inspirational! Love your creative style Chris!

Kelley said...

Thanks for the message today and your card does bring joy to me eyes!! Beautiful!!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.