Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Thursday, October 4, 2012
Hello Friends!!  I hope all are doing well.  This week we had a day of rain and then it was back to the warmer temperatures here in Virginia.  The nicest part of living here, however, is most nights cool down dramatically.  It is hard to believe that after having temps in the mid to high eighties, the weather is suppose to drop to the mid fifties on Sunday.  Wow!!

 Anywho, today I thought I would pop in to share a Christmas card I created with the sketch (SC405) at Splitcoast Stampers.   I found the sketch to be challenging and it definitely made me think.  While it would have been easier to go with a butterfly or leaf on the right side, I wanted to do something different. It was a little tricky....

For my creation I used the Our Daily Bread Designs O Christmas Tree Blessed Christmas , and Oh Christmas Tree Carol . The tree is embossed with white. The background is the Oh Christmas Tree Carol embossed in Kaleidoscope on Sahara Sand. The scallops are created using the A2 Polka Dots Dies from Spellbinders.


I just love Christmas trees!!  Christmas trees have been a traditional decoration for many years in many years.  As a Christian the tree at Christmas is "Evergreen" which symbolizes everlasting life.  What greater gift than sending your one only Son as a humble baby...who would sacrifice His life for us!!

Our Daily Bread Designs, o Christmas Tree, Christmas Tree Carol, Blessed Christmas
Card Recipe:
Stamps Used:
 Our Daily Bread Designs O Christmas Tree Blessed Christmas , and Oh Christmas Tree Carol 
Dies: 
A2 Polka Dots Dies from SpellbindersInk or Embossing Powders: Memento Black for the sentiment, Versa Mark, Kaleidoscope and white embossing powder, Tim Holtz Vintage Distress ink
Papers: Sahara Sand (SU), Black, Neenah White, Soft Sky (SU)
tools: Bow Easy. Dots embossing folder for the background layer


I also made this card as a reminder for this week's Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs which is "Musical"



Thanks for stopping by today!! I hope you are somehow inspired by my creation!!  I greatly appreciate all your sweet comments!!

Have a blessed Day!!!



hugs and blessings,
Challenges I am entering my creation in:
Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge  Something Musical  
WordArt Wednesdays - see site to download word art OR use an encouraging uplifting sentiment
Crafts and Me - #104 Sentiment
Divas by Design - #55 Texture
Freshly Brewed #116 Christmas 
Just Keep on Creating  - Christmas 
Paper Shelter Challenge -  #84 Distressing
Penny's Paper-Crafty#96 Die Cuts/Punches
Created With Love - Christmas
Fashionista Challenge  - Christmas with bonus blog hop
Lollipop Crafts - Something Old, Something New (old paper, new stamps)
There She Goes - No Patterned Paper 
Victorine Originals -  Lots of Layers 
That Craft Place - Make your own Background 


24 comments:

Sandra H said...

Chris, Your card is so elegant x

Anonymous said...

WOWZER Chris!! This is just amazing my friend!! Gorgeous images and design!! HUGS

Stef H said...

hi chris! omgoodness! this is just gorgeous! i love that touch of lace! so? u liking virginia? sure sounds like! yay.

always good to see you and i do think of you often. so glad you stopped by.

hugs :)

Beate said...

I love, love, LOVE this card, Chris! Absolutely gorgeous!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Chris, love the tree and fabulous design, love the music background...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Deb said...

this is totally stunning Chris, love the sweet little bow on the tree! We are having similar drop in temperature, it should only be for a few days though thankfully, not ready for winter yet!
Debxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris this is beautiful I love the vintage style background, the tree, bow and lace are gorgeous a truly wonderful card.
hugs
lorraine x

Karen Letchworth said...

SO super pretty and inspiring as always, Chris. You continually surprise and bless me with your beautiful art, and I'm grateful for each piece of art you share with us because I know that it is always a gift from God. Thanks for sharing, and have a very blessed week!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

LindaS said...

Amazing card. Love the way you stamped the tree and the colors are so beutiful.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful, Chris! Your work is always so lovely and fresh. I love Christmas trees, too!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the white embossing against the kraft background, the soft blue is such a pretty accent color, Lovely card!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Chris this card is beyond beautiful love love love it. thank you so much for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
Linda

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful card Chris! Love the music background, and that gorgeous tree! The blue ribbon and lace are such a pretty touch too! hugs, Kimberly

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Chris. This is stunning and very classy. Love the design, and the blue lace sets it off perfectly.
Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
Sandra xx

Sue said...

A very beautiful card Chris,love the image and lace.
Thank you for joining us at Created With Love Challenges :)

RoseC said...

Chris, your white embossed Christmas tree looks fabulous on this pretty, vintage-looking card. Your scalloped edge is a wonderful accent too. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "My Sentiments Exactly!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful Christmas Card. I love the musical background and the white embossed tree!

kathi17 said...

Your card is beautiful Chris. I love the embossing and sparkle on those beautiful stamps!

I've never used my Kaleidoscope EP. Now I think I may need to try it. It's so pretty on your card.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Thank you so much for sharing your sweet card with us at FBC. Your card is BEYOND STUNNINT - as always!

Feline playful got confused because we posted multiple challenges that day. The actual challenge is our thinking of you challenge. For the Christmas challenge we have provided a freebie that must be used for the blog hop challenge. So sorry for the confusion!
Hope to see you stop back by and snag the freebie :)

HUGS!!!

Tracey said...

This is absolutely beautiful Chris :)
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING Chris!!~

Cards By Jan said...

Awwww...Chris...this is so pretty!! I am patiently waiting for this set...which I can use in December...lol, for a challenge....But I fell in love with this tree, and my set is late this month...bwaah...
But my friend...you simply did it marvelously...i love this colour!!
Blessing & Hugs

Sarah-Jane said...

Super Christmas card, really pretty. Love the lace. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

suzARTe said...

Thanks so much for sharing this lovely project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating.
Sorry it has taken so long to leave a comment. Just to let you know that the challenges are up and running again so hope you will continue to play along.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.