Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Hello everyone! I hope your week is going well! Life has been quite busy for me as I have my parents visiting for over a week.  It has a blessed and exciting time but VERY BUSY leaving me little to no time to create or blog.  In a couple of days they will be on their way home and life will be back to normal ( While I thrive on routine, I will so miss having them here!!!)Anywho... I wanted to pop in with a card I made for a L-E-A-F Create your own word recipe challenge this week over at Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge. Use three letters in the word "LEAF" and create a card or project beginning with those letters. For My creation I used the letters L-Leaf and layers E-Embossing A-Adhesive Pearls and Rhinestones F-Flowers and Flourishes .

I used the Our Daily Bread Designs Christmas Verses sentiment and stamped it over the Flowering Faith flower image.  The flowers are created with two sizes of the Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch.  The leaves are created with the Martha Stewart Leaf embossed with Provocraft Textile embossing folder, the Martha Stewart Twig punch, and the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish. The sentiment is framed with the Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangles and Classic Rectangles (also embossed with the Textile embossing folder) . The background is embossed with the Provocraft Scrollwork Embossing folder. 




Card Recipe
ODBD stamps used: Christmas VersesFlowering Faith
Embossing Folders: Provocraft Scrollwork, Textile
Punches: Martha Stewart Hydrangea (large and small), leaf punch, twig punch
Dies: Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangles, Classic Rectangles, Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish
Paper: Neenah White, Real Red (SU), Old Olive, Almost Artichoke, Pear
Accessories: Pearls (Recollections), gold fern from Michaels Floral Department


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:


To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until October 28th to join us.    You do not have to use an ODBD stamp to join in, but we would love to see them if you have them.  Plus....your card will only be featured in the top 3 if you use ODBD stamps.  Anyone, however, has a chance to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps.
We would love to see your creations.

I hope this creation, has somehow inspired you.

Thanks for stopping by!! I treasure all my viewers/blogging friends and their comments.


Have a blessed Day!!!


hugs and blessings,



Challenges I am entering my card in:
WordArt Wednesdays -  see site to download word art OR use an encouraging uplifting sentiment
Cheery Lynn Designs - Texture
Critter Sketch - Embossing
House of Gilli -  Embossing, wet or dry
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes 
Ooh La La Creations - Christmas Sentiment 
The Crazy Challenge - Handmade Flowers 
Stamptacular Sunday - Must use a stamp - "No Rules!"
Hiding in my Craft Room -  #68 Die Cuts
Totally Gorjuss -  #154 Bling it on
Hotshot Crafts -  Bling
 Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts – Christmas
Just Keep on Creating - Christmas
Oozak - Die cuts
Sparkles Forum Christmas - Traditional Christmas
4 Crafty Chicks -  Dry embossing
Paper Crafting Journey -  Add some bling
Just Keep on Creating - Christmas
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge -  Sentiment as focal point

44 comments:

Patti J said...

Chris, your card is beautiful! So happy that you've had your parents visiting. Cherish every moment with them, my friend! Thanks for sharing, love this verse!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Chris, the white bg just allows the red and green to jump out. Love how you brought it together stamping the Flower Faith image on the sentiment, a powerful one bringing good news. A truly lovely card. I know what you mean about routine, but how wonderful you get to visit with your parents. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

So very stunning Chris!! LOVE your gorgeous poinsettia flowers!! :) Have fun visiting your parents girl!! HUGS

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful card. The colours are so crisp and clear on the white background. Have fun with your family and treasure the memories!

Saints Rule! said...

Wowzers Chris! I love the rich red and white color pallet! This just screams Christmas! Those dainty flowers, scrollwork embossing and deckled sentiment just make this card AMAZING! Thank you for blessing my heart today! Hugs and blessings...

Lori

Unknown said...

Hi Chris, love your gorgeous card! Such a pretty embossing pattern and I love those flower arrangements. Hugs Frea

Karen Letchworth said...

My husband, who rarely comments on cards/scrapping, looked over my shoulder and saw your card. He LOVES this - something about the pressure embossing always seems to intrigue him. The colors are great, and the sentiment (and post) are wonderful. You are such an encouragement in the Lord, Chris, and I'm SO grateful for your participation and support at Word Art Wednesday. Hope you are having a blessed week.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Sandra H said...

Gosh Chris is really is beautiful x

Unknown said...

What a bright and cheerful card! I love the red behind the verse. I hope you enjoy the time with your parents!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our dry embossing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

Tamie said...

Totally in love with the embossing folder! it sure adds pop to your amazing master piece. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Kathy said...

Oh my, Chris, this is stunning! I love all the white with the red and green sprays of flowers and branches! My in-laws were here for a week last week...I know exactly how you feel! Blessings! Kathy

Cards By Jan said...

Very pretty Chris...I love all your elements..I love how you stamped the flowering faith set on your card...so Gorgeous with the red and white!!
Hugs

Penny said...

Chris, this is a beautiful, elegant card! Love the color combo, the design, the die cuts, the embossing, layers, and flowers! Thank you for sharing this gem with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Grace said...

Beautiful Chris! I love the embossed white bg, and the embossed detail on the leaves... and how you stamped the flowering faith image behind the sentiment. Gorgeous Christmas card! Glad you had time to enjoy a visit with your parents... treasure those moments!
hugs,
Grace

Rosemary said...

what a gorgeous christmas card, chris!! the flowers are so beautiful!! hugs!

Jodi said...

very pretty card!! Thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Conniecrafter said...

Absolutely Gorgeous, love the stamping of the sentiment over the flower, such pretty flowers for the corners and great use of the greenery!

Jan Marie said...

WOW!! Chris, this is so beautiful!! Love, love, love your flower sprays and all of the embossing, the contrasting colors and that background stamping. All combine to showcase that fantastic message from our Lord! Love this! Praying the rest of your visit is wonderful (and you can convince your parents to move close to you!) :D

Jo Ann said...

This is so cool. I love the embossing and all that cool flowers, Wowowee! I also like that you stamped the scriptures over another image. Just perfection! Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday.

Hugs always,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

great card love the image thanks for joining us at critter sketch and good luck emma xx

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Chris!
This card is so beautiful. I love handmade flowers and yours are gorgeous. I love how you embossed the leaves. Very creative. the flowers frame the scripture beautifully.
thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my card.
Hugs Maz

julie_woolston said...

Oh wow Chris this is absolutely gorgeous, I love it.

I have popped over from MIM and I am so pleased I did.

Hugs Julie x

Lori Turner said...

Thanks for playing our dry embossing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! Awesome card! :)

Wendi said...

Wow your card is absolutely beautiful, I love the bright red flowers and leaves it really brings the card to life
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Céline said...

fab card, love the brillant red!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Gale said...

Your card is just gorgeous Chris. I love how the red really pops against that white background. Thanks for playing along with us at PCJ and good luck. Hugs, Gale

Donna Ellis said...

Chris, how pretty to have the "shadow" of your floral arrangements behind the sentiment. Absolutely beautiful!

Sandie said...

Wonderful to have you join in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge, with your most elegant card....

Jessica said...

Beautiful card, love the embossing and the lovely colours! Gorgeous flowers and beautiful sentiment!
Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular sunday challenge!

Hugs Jessica

Pia S said...

You've made such a beautiful and classy Christmas card! Your decorations of flowers and leaves are so well composed - gorgeous!

Maria Matter said...

so very beautiful Chris!
what a blessing to have your parents visiting!
God Bless you & yours!
hugs

shaz earl said...

A brilliant creation!

Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
Good luck in the draw

Shaz x

mixamatoasties said...

Stunning Chris. Just beautiful.

Sorry I'm late but thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts!

Susan x

Creations by Shirl said...

Elegant card! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenge!

Joann said...

Such a pretty card Chris. I love how your flowers and greenery bring this beautiful card to life. Thanks for joining in on our challenge at Cherry Lynn Designs.

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Very pretty card!! Love your embossing and flowers! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!!
Angela

xxxtglxxx said...

This is such a stunningly beautiful card! :) Gorgeous embossing, brilliant colours and fabulous use of dies! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Absolutely a stunning christmascard! Love the colours you've used, the embossed border works just perfect around this card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Ooh La La. Good luck, hope to see you back soon. Hugs from Lisbeth

Berit Synnøve said...

Gorgeous card ! Love the colors and layout. Lovely flowers.
Thanks for joining The Crazy Challenge.
Hugs Berit

Kianel said...

Wow Chris, love your card and the fabulous texture, and the flowers too!
Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn designs challenge this week!
Good luck!
Love from France, Kianel.

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Chris, wow and wow again!! I love this card so elegant and Traditional Christmas.. Thank you for sharing with us at Cheery Lynn this week.. Good luck in the prize draw.
Hugs
Tamara

sgc said...

Fantastic card. thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Embossing Challenge.

shulsart said...

Beautiful card, the red really pops and your flowers are gorgeous! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.