Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

About Me

My Photo
Chris Olsen, Glowbug
Hi! I am Chris, also known as Glowbug on Splitcoaststampers. I live in Appomattox, VA. I so much enjoy blogging and the so many good friendships that have formed as a result. During my free time, I am creating cards or projects and I so enjoy Challenges. I have a very supportive husband, Scott, who understands my addiction and two young daughters,Meghan, 9 and Nicki, 12 years of age, who can't wait to get their hands on my stamps and embellishments. I was an elementary school teacher until my youngest was born. I have now been blessed with the opportunity to teach my two girls at home. I use stamping as a hobby or way to escape.
View my complete profile

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This card I made for two purposes. One was to make a birthday card and the other was to use the Splitcoast challenge SFYTT that I(Heart)2stamp had posted on her blog. I had made one other card for this challenge but I really wanted to try making a wintery card for this challenge as well.

I used the snow swirled bird from Inkadinkado. First I stamped the image in silver and embossed it. Then I reinked the image with my Baja Breese Craft Ink and embossed it in clear. Before I cut out the image, I dry embossed the background silver image using my Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder. The background white you see behind the third layer, the thin baja breeze strip behind the image, and the three round circles are embossed using the snowflake folder. It is hard to see the dry embossing clearly in this picture. After sewing the card in blue and putting it together, I added the snowflakes and a blue bow.

Card Recipe

Paper: Stampin Up Ski Slope, Stampin up Baja Breeze, Bazill, Stampin up white, and Silver Glitter Paper

Stamp: Snow Swirled Bird from Inkadinkado

Ink: Silver (Encore), Baja Breeze

Accessories: Nestabilities, pearls, sheer glitter blue ribbon, Swiss Dot and Snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder, Me & My Big Ideas snowflake die-cut embellishments, blue thread, silver and clear embossing powder

I really enjoyed this layout challenge. It was a lot of fun. The card looks a little like a Christmas card but my mother in laws birthday is right before Christmas. Hope she likes it.

2 comments:

Kay's Creative Corner said...

Love the soft colors on this card! BEAUTIFUL!!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful colors!!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.