Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

About Me

My Photo
Chris Olsen, Glowbug
Hi! I am Chris, also known as Glowbug on Splitcoaststampers. I live in Appomattox, VA. I so much enjoy blogging and the so many good friendships that have formed as a result. During my free time, I am creating cards or projects and I so enjoy Challenges. I have a very supportive husband, Scott, who understands my addiction and two young daughters,Meghan, 9 and Nicki, 12 years of age, who can't wait to get their hands on my stamps and embellishments. I was an elementary school teacher until my youngest was born. I have now been blessed with the opportunity to teach my two girls at home. I use stamping as a hobby or way to escape.
View my complete profile

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, December 24, 2008



Here it is the day before Christmas and I am still creating Christmas cards. This is actually a shaker card that I made for my hubby, Scott. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this card before he even sees it. I was planning on making a very simple card since I have soooo much to do today but decided that a cardinal makes the perfect shaker card. (Scott loves watching the birds in the winter and so do I. This stamp was just begging to be inked up.) Anyone who has done a shaker card knows that shakers are not easy cards to make but I really love how it turned out and hope Scott does too.


As you can see from the photo, there are tons of gold baubles on this card (small, medium and large). I think the gold balls make it look more festive. It is hard to see from the picture, but the red is all glitter paper. I sewed the car with metallic gold. This card has a lot of shimmer!!


Card materials:


paper: Scarlet Letter from Basic Grey, Black Bazill (glossy), red glitter paper from K&Co.


Stamps:Cardinal Christmas


Ink: Copic markers and black ink


Acessories: small, medium and large baubles, red and gold ric rac type trim, metallic gold thread, acetate, mounting tape, 8mm clear beads, Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Folder, and nestabilities


If you are interested in making a shaker card and have not made one, Splitcoaststampers does have a step by step tutorial.


I hope you enjoyed my cardinal. I hope to share another shaker card, I made, with you (that is not Christmas) later today.



1 comments:

Cyndi Watkins said...

Gorgeous! There are so many wonderful details on this card!

Cyndi

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.