Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Hello friends!! I hope this finds you all well!! I have been struggling a bit lately but am so thankful for my life and depending on God for my healing.  Sometimes it is frustrating when it seems progress is so slow but I know I am in God's hands and it is such a precious gift to have Him to go to.  I am not alone!!

This is not a normal summer for me since there is so much I can't do but I have to say that this summer more than  most, I am thankful for the little things in life...the smiles on my girls faces, the tender help from my husband, the beauty of nature and etc. 

 While I am not at the beach this year and won't be, I have fond memories.  The card I am sharing today has just a bit of that summer feeling with the flip flops and etc.  It is a sneak peek of stamps to be released on Friday at ODBD!!

I made this with the ODBDSLC210 Shining the Light challenge at ODBD to use sponging or stencils.  I did both.

For my creations I used the Vintage Flourish Pattern die from ODBD as a stencil and the ODBD Vintage Label dies for the middle oval to make it look like water.  It is sponged with SU Cool Caribbean.  I added glitter for sand and some shells.  The flip flops and sentiment are from the Flip Flop Fun stamp set to be release on August 1.  The flip flops are cut out with the upcoming Flip Flop dies.  The embossing folder is from Sizzix.  I colored some of the leaves and vines in green.



For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters: Cheryl Scrivens, DJ Rants, Diana Nyugen, Robin Clendenning, Linda Carson, and Elizabeth Whisson.

To see all the challenge in one place, click here.  You have until August 3 join in. We would love to see your creations!!

***********
Be sure to visit the ODBD blog for the "Flower/Garden Stamps and Custom Dies" sale to save 20%. 
***********
Thanks for stopping by and for your comments.  I appreciate the encouragement and knowing you have been here.

blessings,

10 comments:

Grace said...

This is so creative Chris! Love how you mixed the use of the die and the ef! Very artsy and your flip flops there by the water make me want to go swim in that pool! Hope you're having a better day today!
hugs,
Grace

Robin Clendenning said...

Chris, this is so very cute!!! I love those flip flops!!!
Your pool looks very inviting too!
I hope you are feeling better my dear friend!!!
Your cards are so pretty, no one would know you are in such pain and laid up!! Did you get your cast off yet?

DJ Rants said...

What a fun summer card!! Your stenciling is fabulous, and I love how you've used the flip flops!! I'm continuing to pray for your recovery!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, I LOVE this card! It reminds me of some of the pools we have here in South Florida - shaped and with beautiful tiling and designs around them! And the flip-flops are so sweet along with the wonderful stenciling and coloring (and sweet shell!!). So beautiful, and I continue to pray that you will be encouraged today and that God will continue to meet you where you are and give you hope for the future! What a blessing your family has been, and we know that He is always with us through all the hardships of our lives!! Love you so...with tender hugs and praying! Cheryl

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card and all of the detail added is stunning x

Anonymous said...

Chris, This is such a beautiful card.
We are so blessed as Christians to go to God for every need.
May you feel healing soon.

Linda Carson said...

Looks like a fun day at the beach! Love your creativity using the dies to create this scene! Beautiful added textures too! Beautifully done!

DebR said...

Love it! Great job on everything about it. Love the flip flops :-)

Greta said...

Oh what a fun card, Chris! Sad to miss the beach this year, but always good to remember happy things from the past which tend to get forgotten sometimes.

Alshandra said...

Bit late with my commenting! But I love this card Chris. Gorgeous little flip flops and I love how you did the background!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.