Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Saturday Everyone!! I hope you are all enjoying the weekend!!  It is hot and humid here!!  Today we plan to stay indoors and take wall hangings down, patch the nail holes and paint til we drop. LOL!  I hope we get a lot accomplished before I leave to go to my parents this week.  I have until Tuesday...since we don't work on Sunday and go to church etc., that leaves today and Monday.  My hubby will be home but with work and all, he will be so busy.  Next week we have a Realtor Open House...

Anywho....today it is time for another Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!!

 This weeks challenge:
Create a card or project using the sketch with a twist. The twist is you can use any center panel shape you would like in the center.



To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, August 5 at 8 a.m. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by August 5 at 8 a.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC70. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Now on to my take on the challenge:
 
For my creation I used a sneak peek of Weave in Faith to be released on Monday August 1 at Our Daily Bread Designs!!  I just love these sewing and biblical based stamps!!!  The dp I used on my Creation is Kaiser Craft Lilac Avenue.  The sentiment is framed with the Spellbinders Labels 14 die.  The flowers are from ZVA Creative.

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

To join the challenge, please link your creation here.

 Challenges I am entering my creation in:

Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Anything goesKaboodle Doodles - Stitching - Faux or realCrazy Challenge  - RibbonsAmber's Crafts and Stuff - #20 patterned paperStampin' B's - JFF - use ribbon Inspire Me Fridays - always anything goes, Patties Creations - must include a stamped image - faux or real stitching, Phindy’s Place - diecuts, Sew Many Cards anything goes, Totally Papercrafts - bling, 4 Crafty Chicks - bling, Craft Us Crazy - anything goes, Paper Shelter Challenge - #24 anything goes

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great day!!  Your comments are deeply appreciated!!  I hope you are able to join the challenge this week!!

hugs,

34 comments:

Karen W said...

Beautiful card Chris, the colors on this are unusual and so pretty together. Love it!!

Becky said...

I love the design paper you used for this challenge, beautiful card..

Sandra H said...

This is lovely:) Sandra H

Saints Rule! said...

Wow Chris! So very lovely! I love the different DP as a background. It reminds me of a beautiful quilt! Those delicate blossoms add such a glorious touch! Have a great weekend! Praying for all you at this hectic time!

martina's kaartjes said...

hi chris, this is one fab card ! lovely done, great colors,
greetings, martina
x

Unknown said...

Very nice colors, Chris. Great combo of dp and a fantastic bow!!! Good luck with all of your painting, and everything else on your busy schedule.

Tracey said...

WOW! THis is stunning Chris!! I love it!! xx

Betty Wright said...

So beautiful, Chris! Great colors and design! Love this sketch with a twist!

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Chris, the papers are lush!
Clairex

Unknown said...

Wow ... that a lovely card. I Love the colors.

Hugs Melli

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hey girl, your card s over the top gorgeous!!! I absolutely love this Kaiser DP (sshhh, I am hoarding mine ;D) Everything on this beautiful card is perfect! Thanks for another awesome challenge my friend!! Have a blessed weekend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Cindy Haffner said...

Chris this is GORGEOUS!!~

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful and inspirational card Chris. Love the DP and the sentiment. Looks like a fun sketch. "Hugs" Carol

Marlena M. said...

This is gorgeous, Chris! I love that sentiment and the look of your card. ;)

Jodie from Oz said...

Hi Chris, your card is beautiful, I love the pretty papers & design & the sentiment perfect. Have a wonderful day. Hugs Jodie from Oz xx

Grace said...

Chris this is so pretty! I am loving this color combo and the sentiment is my favorite.... though I love all these new ones!!! I feel for you doing all that work!!! I'm an exhausted tonight and hoping to catch up soon! TTYS and don't work too hard!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Maria Matter said...

this is gorgeous Chris!!! I love the pretty papers & colors you chose!
Hope all goes well with your painting & open house! I've been thinking about...with the school season starting up again! I think we're starting next week! eek!
Take care & have a blessed Sunday!
hugs

velta said...

I am a little late commenting Chris...sry...this is a great design...love the colors and the flowers, and sentiment...I wish you all the best on your open house...what a time you must be dealing with...Good Luck and Best Wishes !!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Chris, as usual a beautiful card...always enjoy checking to see your many lovely creations. I will lift you up in prayer as you work on your home..this is my first chance to blog after 10 days of packing, moving, and now looking forward to LOTS more unpacking. Moving is stressful, no matter what He is there to work it all for good, and with patience (not my strong suit) we eventually understand His plans are so much better than ours.

Kirsty said...

Beautiful! I love the quilt look and you have chosen such lovely papers in which to do it! The bow is beautiful too. Thanks for joining us at Crazy Challenge - good luck!

Michelle said...

Beautiful card Chris, I would not have the patience to cut out all those squares & stitch them all, lol!

I think I missed why you are moving-- hope you sell your house quickly. Yes it's a lot of work, which is why they will have to bury me in this house, lol

Lionelsa said...

Lovely DP and ribbon.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Beautiful card Chris!
Thanks for playing in our 'STITCHING' Challenge #27!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Nancy Wethington said...

Great job on this *blocked* card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Chris what a beautiful card the patchwork effect looks divine and I love the sentiment and that white bow.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Gorgeous and at the same time lovely card. Love the stitching, the big white bow and the squared pps. Thanks for joining with us at Kaboodle Doodles & The Crazy Challenge!

Kath
GD - The Crazy Challenge
DT - Kaboodle Doodles
Blog: "Let's Get Scrappy!"
"Let's Get Scrappy!"

Debs said...

Beautiful card, love your DP, thanks for joining us at TPS
Hugs Debs

Pattie G said...

This is sooo beautiful! I love your coloring and all of your embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs
Pattie ♥

Tamie said...

Totally fabby card. I love the colors, the stitching and the flowers and pearls are just perfect. thank you so much for sharing your stunning creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Anonymous said...

So stunning my dear!! LOVE the papers and beautiful flowers here!! :) The colors are just perfect with this!! HUGS

Kathy said...

Pretty quilted looking background. So glad you could join the challenge at Phindy's Place this week.

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Chris! Such a fabulous message! Hugs!

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi Chris! Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Phindy`s Place. Hugs...Mona

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card and a fabulous design and papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.