Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Happy Hump Day everyone!! I hope you are all having a great week.  It has been gorgeous here lately and I am trying to take advantage and get things done and enjoy this cool weather.

I just love Fall!!

Anywho...it is time for a new challenge at Your Next Stamp.  We had such a great time viewing all the anything goes challenge.  This week's hostess is the fabulously talented and sweet Sylvia.  Sylvia's YNS challenge is to make a Thank you or Thanksgiving challenge!!  While it is not required to use a YNS challenge for the challenge, we would love to see them if you have them and you may only enter one NON YNS creation per challenge.  You can link your creations here.



Here is my take on the challenge using the adorable Girlfriends image from Your Next Stamp. The sentiment is computer generated. The tree branches are created with a fern stamp from the Stampin up Touch of Nature set.  The image is colored with copics.  I decided it would be fun to create a Spring Card since I had never made one of these before.  I love challenging myself to something new.  It keeps things interesting.

Here is my take on the Thank you or Thanksgiving challenge:





Card Recipe:
stamps: Girlfriends image from Your Next Stamp, 
             Stampin up Touch of Nature
Paper: Bitter Chocolate, Baja Breeze, Baja Breeze dp, SU Parisian Breeze dp
Accessories: SU Oval punches, MS Butterfly punches, silk ribbon, lace, prima roses, Spellbinders Laced Squares


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:

challenges:
Your Next Stamp: Thank you or Thanksgiving
Gingerloft- Anything Goes
Fab n Funky- What'Eva
Southern Girls Challenge- Anything goes
Stamping Vacation- special month challenge- sewing
Totally Papercrafts - Go Dotty (the Parisian Breeze dp is dotted - you may see it better in the closeup
Timbro Scrapmania - Anything Goes
Stamping vacation- no brads or eyelets "NO, NO!" challenge
Lexis Challenges- flower power
Gingersnaps - Punches
Crafty Calendar - Blue and Flowers
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Ribbon and Flowers
Charisma Cardz - New or not done before- I created a spring fold card for the first time
Paper sundaes - Three embellishments or more (baubles, ribbon, lace, and flowers)
Our Creative Corner- favorite folds ( I have never done these before but I enjoyed this so much that I created another one to share later this week.)
Crazy challenge- Friends Forever
Tuesday Taggers- diamonds (shape of card)
*********************************

In addition to my Your Next stamp creation, I would like to share a card I created with Our Daily Bread Designs Peace and Brocade Borders  Stamp set.  I created it using last week's Sketch at Splitcoast Stampers and the Ways to use it- Twine challenge. I used Autumn colors.


challenges:
Spoonful of Sugar- Autumn colors
Incy Wincy- Fall Colors
Speedy the cat's- Fall colors
Pollycraft- Autumn colors
Practical Scrappers- Buttons


Thanks for stopping by today and for your sweet comments!! They are so appreciated!!
blessings,



51 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Such beautiful details, Chris!

Shazza said...

beautiful cards Chris x

Melodie said...

Both cards are so beautiful.
Hugs
Melodie

angelique (anlou) said...

oh my hun
these cards are gorgeous
love the details on the cards
hugs angelique

Jan Hennings said...

love 'em both :)

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Wonderful cards Chris! You always challenge me to try new things and I love it! Thank you! I like that spring card so much that now I have to get busy and try one too! Wonderful background you created for these adorable girlfriends and your sewing is always so fabulous! Love those little flowers and that big bow too!!
Hugs
Karen

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous and detailed to perfection!!!
Hugs xx

Denise Clark said...

The first card is so cute! I love the image and the way you did the Spring Card. Looks great! The second card is so classy and I love that sentiment. The black framing really makes it stand out! Wonderful creations!

Thanks so much for playing along with the challenges at Stamping Vacation! This earns you entries in the Oct 1st drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to Flourishes!

We'd like to invite you to our Homemade with a HOP! on Sept 25 and 26th! There will be over $300.00 in prizes to be won!

Heather said...

How fabulous are these cards?!?!?! LOVE the details, colors, coloring, and folding of the friendship card...that is just amazing and LOVE the softness and gorgeousness of the ODB card! Hugs!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Chris both of these cards are wonderful and so unique! I look forward to every creation from you! Beth

Ann said...

Wow, your work is stunning. I love them both, you are very talented.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Both are just beautiful Chris.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow, these are beautiful!

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful framing and detailing with this awesome quote!!


Thank you so very much, Chris, for sharing this gorgeous card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's challenge!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Chris,

Oh, what a cutie your first card is! And the background you made there, is really nice! Looks amazing! The second one is very stylish, I think and love the color combo you used, like it!

Hugs,
Wendy

dolcreations said...

Such beautiful cards! Beautiful details!

Holly Young said...

Chris both of your cards are just delightful. The first one is so happy and full of so many little details! Your second card is beautiful and really showcases the wonderful verse.

Kim Dellow said...

WOW, stunning as always Chris! Lovely. Kim

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEEEE Fabulous cards Chris, I SOOOOO love your spring design..I think I need to make on too!!!! Beautiful sweetie...Your other creation is GORGEOUS too, you rock gf!!!

Sylvia Blum said...

Wow, Chris.. both cards are fantastic!!! LOVE the easel card with the super cute girl friend stamp and the shape of your easel card.. gorgeous creation!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Tammy said...

Awesome creations Chris!! Your girlfriend spring fold card is adorable! ...and your framed verse on the second card is gorgeous!!

Melody said...

Great cards! I need to try that spring card!

Kerri said...

I love this, Chris!!! That spring card is awesome, and your layering and embellishments are just gorgeous! Super cute card, woman!

Carol said...

i adore your friends card,its awesome,thanks for joining us at southern girls for our very first challenge

Sue said...

Hi Chris
two gorgeous cards, luv the spring car, awesome colouring, beautiful papers, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Chris,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Elly said...

The first one is a real sweet card, and the second one is beautiful with a beautiful sentiment!!

hugs, Elly

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning work as always Chris I so admire you and your creations I love them both thank you for joining us at Stamping Vacation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

lalkygirl said...

2 stunning cards chris,i love them both,fab papers and lovely colours.
thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck

Jodi said...

Both cards are gorgeous Chris!! I love your pretty colors and papers!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE that sentiment!!! You have framed it wonderfully and your card is lovely. Great signature too - did you have it made or did you make it? The script and butterflies are fabulous!

Danderella said...

Great cards, love that first one...the fold is fantastic. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week.

Danielle

Fiona said...

wow...both cards are beautiful and I can't believe that's your first spring fold card...it took me a few attempts before I could get mine just the way I wanted it.Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Both of your cards are beautiful.

Joey said...

Hi Chris

oh these are too pretty, gorgeous design and sentiments, thanks for joining us at tpc.

Joey.x

Annie@Ambriel said...

oh wow.. the cards are just gorgeous. I heart the beautiful 2nd card. Love the use of colours, and ribboned button. I heart the sentiment.

Thank you for joining us at Practical Scrappers :D

Joanne Travis said...

Wow, such fabulous cards! Your work is always an inspiration, Chris.
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends challenge using fall colors this week!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Great projects as usual Missy! I've got to get over here more often for your awesome inspiration!!

Nicola said...

Beautiful cards Chris, the 1st is super sweet and the 2nd so classy, love your sentiments.
Hugs,
nicola -x-

Farida Rone said...

Adorable creation. Great images and colouring. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations Challenge and good luck.
Hugs,
Farida

Virgo5 said...

Beautiful! So many great elements!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Gladys said...

Beautiful card!

Teri said...

Loving the Diamond shaped card hun!
Thanks for playing at TT this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Giò said...

Beautiful card both!!! The image of first one is so cute and beautifully colored!!
Thanks a lot for joining us at TSM challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Sally H said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at TT this week!

Dorcas said...

This is beautiful! I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

WeirdCat said...

Wonderful friends card, love this style of card, have never made one, just love seeing everyone else's hard work! thank you for joining us this week at The Crazy Challenge
Ruth x

Carisa said...

too cute

Maureen said...

Both fabulous cards! I really love the fold and 'bellies of your YNS card!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card!!! Perfect for our challenge this month. Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Calender Challenge. Caroline x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us over at Stamping Vacation!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.