Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Thursday, August 20, 2015
Hello, Friends!! I hope you are all doing well.  Life has been super busy and unfortunately with my pain issues, it takes me longer to get things accomplished than it ordinarily did.  God, however, is good and I am so thankful that I am at least able to get out once in a while which is so much different that last summer.  I really have come a long way compared to when I first got hurt.

Today I wanted to share another card I made.  There is a fun inspiration at the Shining the Light  (ODBDSLC251) challenge that includes some beautiful colors and flowers.  I had fun creating a card to share with you for it using flowers.  I also used it for one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges that my dear friend, Cheryl.

It was so much fun to create. I just love making flowers and adding texture! I used paper toling to add dimension to my flowers after I stamped them and colored them with copic markers. I then added some die cut leaves.


Our Daily Bread Designs, designed by Chris Olsen, Boho Blessings, Fragrance, Dies: Ornate Hearts, Beautiful Borders, Mini Tags, Fancy Foliage, Doily, Birds and nest die

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Boho Blessings, Fragrance
Dies: Ornate Hearts, Beautiful Borders, Mini Tags, Fancy Foliage, Doily, Birds and nest die
Anna Griffin Poppies embossing folder


Hebrews 13:16  Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Is there something you can do today for someone else.  It does not have to be someone in financial need and it need not cost money.  Maybe give a hug or a visit to someone who is lonely, send a card to someone from your prayer list, assist someone around the home if they are unable to do so themselves.  While Jesus was here, he thrived on helping others and sharing with those who were less fortunate.  Can you add a smile to someone else's day?

Before I sign off, I wanted to share a few new additions to our Etsy store.  We have been busy adding some more fun pen designs that we created.  Soon Scott will add a carving he has done and I hope to add some seasonal woodcrafts. These are just a few of the pens I just love!!  Their colors and designs are so fun and beautiful!!
This next pen is called the Lavender love faith hope pen.  It has it engraved within the design on the band.  The pen end has crosses on it.  Lavender is one of my fave colors.
This is one of my fave blanks!! I just love all the shimmer and swirls of color.  A very regal design!!

This pen is turned using a stabilized and dyed buckeye burl.  I just love all the depth and character. The pen design is a replica of a civil war bullet.



Thanks for stopping by today and for your kind words!! They are greatly appreciated. Have a blessed day!!


blessings and hugs,

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, this is gorgeous, and I was so happy to have you make a card for my Dare To Get Dirty challenge - my first one too! It's in our favorite colors, and I just love how you've framed the flowers in the heart dies!! And the added borders against the beautifully embossed background is stunning. And then you added the perfect stitching and pearls to finish it to perfection! I love it! Thanks for sharing the encouragement of reaching out to others. What gorgeous pens Scott is turning! Each one is stunning, and I also do love the citrus one! Wow! I'm so glad you are getting around a little more, and it's so important to share with others. And I know someone is going to love this card and feel loved by receiving it! Hugs, sweet friend!

Diana Nguyen said...

Beautiful card! It's so very *you*! Love the layers and your spray of flowers in the center. I hope your pain is subsiding and that by next year, these issues will be a distant memory. The pens are gorgeous, by the way!!!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.