Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Hello, Friends!! I hope all is well with you!!  It has very hot and humid here.  While it is so nice to see the sun out and it just cheers your day and outlook on life, it has been super hot here!!  The humidity is so high that the windows are all steamed up.  Please know I am not complaining although I do have to say having  air conditioning in the house has been a real blessing.

Today I am popping in to share a style of card I usually don't do....shabby chic.  It is difficult for me to splotch ink and distress.  I tend to go for the elegant, clean and polished look.  Shabby does not fit my personality well.  That being said, I had a blast using the Shining the Light Inspiration at Our Daily Bread Designs to create this card!!


Designed by Chris Olsen, Our Daily Bread Designs, Home Sweet Home, Welcoming Window, Flower Box Filler, Window Shutters and Awning, Fancy Foliage, Vintage Flourish Labels, Blushing Rose Rose Collection

ODBD Stamps Used: Home Sweet Home
ODBD Paper Used: Blushing Rose Collection

This is a gift set I created using my dear hubby's creation: A Big Ben Cigar Pen in Ebony!!  The pen is available in our Etsy store here.


Here is the photo of the ODBD Inspiration:
***********************************
As I watch the news and hear all the turmoil in this world, I often wonder "can it get any worse?" I need to remind myself that God is in control no matter what and to keep looking up.  It is not by my own strength that I make it through each day.  We as Americans and a world are forgetting God and as a result we are falling apart.  Here is my personal reminder....

Scripture verse of the day: 

Ephesians 6:10-12

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
**********************************
For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Robin Clendenning, Paula Bigelow, Diana Nguyen, Elizabeth Whisson

We would love to have you join the challenge!! You have until July 26 at 8 pm EST to add your card to the linky here.  You may use any stamps on one of your creations but if you make more than one card for the challenge, you must use ODBD stamps.  Please do not post your entries to Facebook or Flicker as many can not view or comment on them there.

Have a blessed day!! 
Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments!!!
blessings,

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh my goodness Chris, this is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful piece of chabby chic artwork. Love all the details and the paper is perfect.

Robin Clendenning said...

Well, you may not like shabby chic but it likes you my friend! This is gorgeous!!! I love the distressed edges and dark ink. Love the sewing, love the flourishes with the little flowers and your shutter use inside with that elegant little lace curtain is fantastic! What a wonderful idea for the inside! Your bow is very elegant (like it always is!!) And, love the little tag of greeting! This is just beautiful dear sweet friend!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, you can do it all, my friend! I LOVE this beautiful little house you've made with the gorgeous vines and flowers. And with these soft colors and the sponging (and that "signature" bow of yours), it sure has a shabby/chic feel to it. It's stunning, dear friend! And I love it! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

You did the shabby perfect, I love it, gorgeous details!
I understand what your saying about the heat and humidity, it is hard to do anything outside, very hard to catch my breath when walking for exercise.

Diana Nguyen said...

You would never know you don't do shabby chic all the time - I love it! It's hard for me too so I always appreciate it when I see it well done! Hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

A very beautiful gift set Chris!!! All of your creations are beautiful and very interesting!!! You are so good at designing and choosing the right materials!! It's truly a blessing to work with this design team of creative people!

Alshandra said...

You'd never know this wasn't your usual style Chris because you've pulled it off so well! Love your card. Gorgeous stitching and love all the inking and the layout is beautiful. Beautiful card!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.