Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, September 1, 2014
Hello Friends an Happy Labor Day to all in the USA!! Welcome to another fun September Release at Our Daily Bread Designs!! 

 The Bread Basket has lots of fun inspiration using the new release...you won't want to miss the opportunity to see all the gorgeous creations by my dt sisters or for a chance to be one of three lucky random winners to receive a $15 gift certificated toward stamps at ODBD.  You have until 9 pm on September 2 to leave a comment on the release posts of the design team to qualify to win.  Winners will be announced on the ODBD Blog on September 3.

My first creation is a tri-shutter card that uses the Quilts, Sewing
Stitches and ODBD Soulful Stitches 6x6 Paper Collection from the new release as well as Vintage Labels dies from a previous release.



I had so much fun coloring the quilt to match the design paper but make it just a tad bit brighter so it pops in the front.  I also used a Spellbinders Labels 4 die to frame two of the quotes.  The edges of all the panels are all stitched on.  The fold is using the pre-cut and pre-scored tri-shutter fold available at ODBD.

My second creation uses the Felicity and Sewing stamp sets from this months new release as well as the Pennant Swag, Recipe and Tags (circle for sentiment) and Beautiful Borders Die.



I had so much fun coloring the dress with my copics and fussy cutting it out.  It is mounted on an embossed Decorative Labels 4 and Labels four die from Spellbinders.  To keep with the sewing theme I added some charms and stitched the edges.  The layout uses the current sketch from the ODBD Shining the Light challenge.  

Here is a photo of the inside of the card using the newest Birthday Doily stamp set as well as the new ODBD Doily die released today.



Here are photos of the stamps and dies used on the creations above from today's September release:








I hope you were in some way inspired by my creations!!  Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving comments.  Your visits are so appreciated.  I hope you have a blessed day!!

For more inspiration please visit my dt sisters:
Chris (You are here) * Grace * Julie * Cathy * Lori * Sandee * Dawn * Paula * Lisa * Silke * Wanda * Angie * Sabrina * Audrey or visit the ODBD Blog here.

Blessings,

40 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty...fun new stamps and I loved your tri-shutter card, gorgeous!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Chris!! What a way to kick off the ODBD release today!!! Your tri-shutter is an absolute work of art!! I love the colors you used and the way that you layered the images together! Your 2nd card is oh so gorgeous, with the yummiest colors and perfect "Chris" details. Fabulous job, darlin'! HUGS!!!!!

Grace said...

Oh how beautiful Chris! I love your tri-shutter! It really shows the gorgeous papers so well and is full of wonderful details! Love the second one and how you did the inside as well! So pretty! Love your new blog look too! You've been a busy girl!!! Hope you are having a great day!
hugs,
Grace

Lora said...

Wow, your cards are so intricately detailed and crafted with love! Thanks for the fine examples!

Unknown said...

Your cards are stunning. I love how you colored the dress image.

Unknown said...

Chris, your work always inspires me! Love you sewing charms to finish things off and that tri shutter is just the best!!!! Everything is so pretty and elegant!

Cathymac said...

Both cards are exquisite works of art, Chris! Love your tri-shutter card with all the layered beauty and details. The colors and charms give the second card a beautiful vintage look, and the coloring of the dress form is so lovely! Love the look of your new blog design, too! Lots of love went into the making of these release samples! Hugs, my friend!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful cards. A goood friend of mine is a quilter and your tri-shutter card would be perfect for her.

Conniecrafter said...

Both are just beautiful creations, love the way you used the different papers and all the stitching, such pretty coloring too. Your banner with the lacey border and the embossing goes perfectly with the dress in the second!

Sue D said...

Beautiful choice of papers on your lovely cards.

Sandra H said...

So beautiful they both are x

Shelia said...

These are both so beautiful. I really like the tri-shutter card with all those beautiful details!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hello my sweet friend! Chris, your cards are over the top gorgeous! So much detail, just beautiful! I love both of them, but the second one is just amazing......LOVE it! Hope you are feeling better! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Chris these are sooooo gorgeous! I love how the quilt pops on your first card! And you know I LOVE the dress form card!!! Beautiful colors!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Chris!! Your tri-shutter card is breathtaking - so much love went into that one and it shows!! And your second is stunning with that beautifully colored and cut dress form and your wonderful layers and detailing. You're card are always amazing Chris!!
Hugs,
Audrey

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning projects Chris, so many fabulous details! The added Black layering really makes the papers pop!

Becky said...

Beautiful Chris...I love the tri-shutter card. The Felicity creation is over the top gorgeous as well. Love all the colors and the new releases.

Jean Bullock said...

Both cards are so delightful. Love the tri-shutter card. Great paper choices and the coloring on the quilt is so pretty. Also loved the second card. The color scheme is so pretty and I love the gorgeous layers you created. Well done.

Kris B said...

Your tri-shutter card is incredible! Lovely colors and beautiful sentiments! What a lovely vintage dress! The stitching and layers of dies looks gorgeous! The inside is pretty too!

Rose said...

All of your designs are absolutely gorgeous!! Especially like the shutter card.

Greta said...

Always love your creations, Chris & these are both outstanding!

Pamela Haskin said...

Chris, your cards are gorgeous! I especially like all the stitching.

Saints Rule! said...

Fabulous projects Chris! Your creative mojo is back in high gear!!! Love your beautiful Tri-shutter card with those soft colors and the banner die is so cute on your second project! But I always love EVERYTHING you create dear friend! Big {{hugs}}

DebR said...

Stunning creations! Beautifully colored and put together with all the embellishments.

Bernadette said...

Hi Chris! Thanks so much for the inspiration in your two cards! They are both beautiful! I'm especially impressed that you took the time to do all that stitching! I love your coloring too!

Marsha Reed said...

This is so pretty, Chris! I've never made one of these cards so now I think it is time! I love that quilt stamp.

Dawn said...

Chris, your tri-shutter is just beautiful!!! Awesome use of the papers! And your second card, sew pretty, love the embellishments too!!!

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are stunning Chris!! I just love your sewing and layout of the tri shutter and the charms and all the layering on the second!! Beautiful as always!!

hugs,
Gayle

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous creations Chris!! Your cards are always so beautifully detailed!! Gorgeous in every way!
Hugs,
Linda

Becky said...

wow Chris, these are stunning! I just love the patch work, such beautiful colors and love that antique dress.

Amy Johnson said...

Gorgeous creations! Great new set by ODB!

texsun said...

These are absolutely beautiful cards.
Marjorie from TX
m.brundagetx at yahoo dot com

Letty Aguilar said...

What beautiful cards! I love the dies you used and sentiments. The paper is lovely too :) Thanks for sharing your creations with us!

StampinCatMom said...

Chris, what awesome cards! I love the little details like the sewing, coloring, and even the charms. I know several friends who'd love these! A must purchase! :-)

Lura said...

These cards would be "sew" perfect for my sewing and quilting friends. Definitely need to add to my stash - thank you for wonderful ideas.

E. Marie said...

Chris, both your projects are amazing. Love all the detail and colors on both.

Wanda Cullen said...

Chris, your tri-shutter card is over the top gorgeous and FULL of so many exquisite details! No one can fully appreciate the time that went into that beauty! Love the dress form combined with so many great elements! Those dresses remind me of the day when I would play with paper dolls with a close friend and we would design outfits for them. Awww...memories!

Silke Ledlow said...

Chris, both cards are just beautiful! Love them both! Hugs ~S~

Linda Carson said...

Chris, Chris, Chris both of these cards are exceptional!! Each one has such special details and that WOW factor!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of these are beautiful, Chris! Love the colors and use of all the different papers on the first and your stitching on the second is wonderful.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.