Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, December 3, 2011
Happy Saturday all!! I hope you are all enjoying the start of your weekend!! Today is going to be a busy but fun day for us since my girls and I are going to church for a mother/daughter craft day.  It will be nice to have quality time with my darling girls!!  My hubby has been working on the Christmas lights and outside decor.  We won't do up the lights and festivities as much as past years with all that is going on but it will be nice to put the manger scene up!!

Well today I am popping it to share this week's Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs.


This weeks challenge:
Is to create a bookmark!! Easy peasy right!! It can be a corner bookmark, a card with a bookmark, a ribbon bookmark, a magnetic bookmark...anything with a bookmark!!!

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for thprize must be submitted by Friday, December 9 at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. Inorder to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, December 9 at 8 a.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC87. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.


 Here is my take on the challenge:

The new release The Word of God has a perfect image and verses for making a bookmark for my Bible.  I colored the image with copics.  The image and verse are cut out with my Labels 7 die.



ODBD Stamps used: The Word of God
Paper: Vanilla CS, Baja Breeze
brown silk ribbon
Spellbinders dies: Labels 7 , Fleur De Lis Motifs

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Sue Worthingtonguest designer
Wanda Cullen- guest designer

If you would like to join the challenge or find out more details, click here to the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge post.

challenges I am entering my creation in:
2 Sisters - #68 Punches and/or Dies 
 Bloggers Anything but a Card
 Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Southern Girls   Ribbon
Willow Sketchie Challenge Anything Goes
Sarah Hurley Challenges  Colouring
Fab 'n' Funky #101 Anything goes
Whimsy Inspiration #17 anything but a card
Crafty Boots  Anything Goes
Victorine Originals  Ribbon 

Blessings to you all!! Thanks for stopping by and for your comments.  They are greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend!!

hugs,

24 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Claire,
This is a wonderful bookmark. I love the ribbon and the verses.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Linda . J said...

Beautiful bookmark Chris love the ribbon and very nice verse.
Hugs Linda

cheryl said...

oh this is a really wonderful bookmark hun love it hugs cherylxx

Becky said...

This is beautiful Chris. I need to make a few of these myself. :)

irishgreensue said...

Anyone would love to mark a page with this beauty, Chris - the brown and blue coloring on the image and Scriptures is perfect and I love your choice of dies to complete the bookmark! Perfect in every way!! Hugs!

Kathy said...

So beautiful Chris! I love the color combination you used! Those dies are so beautiful too! Well, I'm off to make a bookmark or 2! Thank you for highlighting my ornaments on the challenge! Blessings! Kathy

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chris, girl, absolutely gorgeous bookmark and the color combo....amazing!! I hope you and the family have a blessed weekend!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Saints Rule! said...

Chris... Wow! Where do I begin? First this color combo is amazing... So pretty but bold! And I love how you took a beautiful piece of ribbon and added just those subtle touches to take it from wow to double wow!!! Love the pearls and the dies you chose! So perfect for this set in every way! Blessings...

TrinaM said...

What a gorgeous bookmark. The dies that you have used truly compliment the verses and the colors that you have used.

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your elegant ribbon bookmark! Those colors are a fave combo of mine and that Nestie is just perfect for this set! Thanks so much for the warm welcome to the team...now that Blogger is cooperating with me, I'm off to finish commenting!

Francie G. said...

This image is perfect for this challenge, Chris! Just beautiful! Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Patti J said...

This is beautiful, Chris! What a nice gift for someone special :) Hope you enjoyed your day with the girls! Hugs...

Dee's Craft Room said...

Your bookmark looks great Chris, the blue and brown really work well together.

Thanks fir joining in with the fun at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

Anne-Marie said...

What a lovely bookmark, such a good idea.

Thank you very much for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge this week and the best of luck.

Anne-Marie x x

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration, glad your having a fun weekend.

Marilyn said...

This is lovely Chris! Great colour combo too.
Thanks for joining us at the Whimsy Inspiration Blog, good luck and hope to see you at the next challenge!
Marilyn

Pat said...

What a beautiful bookmark and such a lovely display for your photograph. Thanks for sharing at FnF this week.

Pat xx

Cindy Adkins said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! I love what you have created. I came over from Gayle's link up party~
XO
Cindy

Emma Williams said...

A beautiful bookmark and thank you for joining us over at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.
Emma xx

Silke Ledlow said...

Chris, your bookmark is awesome! The colors are so pretty too :) !!! Hugs ~S~

kelly ledder said...

Wow this is so creative ,i love it!!Thanks for joining Willow Sketchie this week.
Kelly x

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful bookmark Chris, love the colors! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge.

jaine drake said...

This is beautiful and such a good idea too. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley

Anonymous said...

brilliant blogging site desing templates
http://www.gucentervi.com/content/uncovering-no-hassle-mutuelle-france-strategies
http://meridian.hostsofamerica.com/node/51694
http://xuanbg.com/node/64032

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.