Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, February 19, 2011
Happy Saturday Everyone!!  I hope you are all having a great beginning to your weekend!! Our Daily Bread Designs is kicking off the weekend with another fun challenge!!


This weeks challenge:
The team challenges you to creating a card or project which includes stamping an image over a sentiment.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, February 24. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by February 24 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC49. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

For my creation, I used the Anchor Stamp set for a more masculine card to send to a gentlemen friend from our church who has been battling  cancer.  I don't normally post too many masculine cards on my blog but am trying to post more of a variety.  A little more blah in my opinion but I do think it is good for a guy. The dp I found in my scrap bin and just looked like a stormy ocean to me so I thought it would fit perfectly.  The sentiment is over stamped over an anchor image.  The sentiment is framed with an oval and the Fancy Tags die.

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps: Anchor from Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: scrap dp, kraft, night of navy
Accessories: twill ribbon from SU, Anchor charm,soft swirls embossing folder, brown and white Baker's twine


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:


To join the challenge, please link your creation here.
Thanks for stopping by!!  Thanks to all who leave comments, your feedback is important to me. Have a great weekend!! 

17 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
I love the design paper and the layout. the sentiment is an inspiration. This is a beautiful card.
Have a great weekened.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Good morning sweet, Chris, I hope you are feeling a bit better today!!! Let me tell you, your card is over the TOP stunning!! I love all of those layers and simple, yet totally elegant design...WOW!! Sending you hugs and blessings, Sabrina

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a wonderfully masculine card this is, Chris! I love your layout and that fab framing!

Francie G. said...

Fabulous masculine creation, Chris! Love the decorative border around the frame, the fab background and the matting! Beautifully done.

Hope you and your family are feeling better! Hugs!

Linda . J said...

What gorgeous card Chris and in such beautiful colours, love the design and the scroll round the sentinment looks great.
Hugs Linda

Shelley said...

Ooohhhh, this card is stunningly beautiful!

cheryl said...

oh hun this really is just so beautiful hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwww! LOVE the way you did the baker's twine and twill!!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow Chris, what a stunner! LOVE how you stamped your main panel

Lori said...

Your card is beautiful Chris, and I did enjoy this challenge very much!

Stef H said...

this is beautiful. i love the layers and the colors. it's all beautiful!

hugs :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Chris, your card is definitely not blah! It's one gorgeous masculine creation! Love all the fabbo details you added! The *over stamping* technique was really fun and I really need to stamp that way more often :)! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs ~S~

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is so pretty- I love the sentiment over the image. Very pretty card!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is SO pretty Chris!Lovely stitching!!!

Queen Mary said...

Chris, I love the charm! Where did you get it? I'm waiting for this stamp set, it's just so stunning and that sentiment is really exactly what I'm living, so I love your card -- for me! and I'm not very masculine! :)

Sara Mac said...

This is a wonderful masculine card! You've included so many great elements: twine, embossing, stitching and that anchor charm. WOW, love it.

Kelley said...

Love this card, Chris! Hope you are feeling better!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.