We also found out why our basement has been flooding. Woohoo!! It can be easily corrected!!! No more flooding in my craft or laundry areas. Scott and I just could not figure out why after 11 years it was flooding. Yes we had access rain this year beyond belief but we sit up on a small nole and none of the neighbors had any issues. To make a long story short.....we discovered a root of a mulberry tree had grown 25 feet into our footing drain plugging up the entire pipe. All the water from the footing drain backed up the pipe, sat around our house and caused so much pressure that it came into the basement. Needless to say, we now have removed part of the footing drain, have a huge trench, and the mulberry tree will be cut down!! Glad it is a pretty inexpensive fix and there will be no more fuss over flooding!!
Yesterday I had hoped to stamp but came down with a migraine on Saturday night. Oh well...
I am feeling a tad bit better this morning. The card I am going to share with you is one I made last week using the WT242 Purple Pretties Challenge and SC252. I used the Luke 2:11 and Blessed Christmas from Our Daily Bread Designs which was released on November 1. The poinsettia is embossed in gold on Very vanilla paper and then painted with pearl glimmermist. The ribbon treatment is created with the lattice Spellbinders. The dp is one of my faves from BG-Wisteria.
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs- Luke 2:11, Blessed Christmas
Paper: Purple Glitter Paper from K&Co., BG Wisteria Paper, Vanilla
Accessories: ZVA Creative pearls, gold embossing powder, American Crafts Gold Ribbon, Lattice Border Spellbinders, Hero Arts Pearls
Over The Top
Woo hoo! Another award!! Last week I received this sweet award from Cheryl at CherCroppin. Thanks Cheryl!! You are so sweet and I so appreciate you thinking of me. If you have not visited Cheryl's blog your really should. Her designs and talent is incredible. She inpires me with her awesome creations each and every visit.
Pass this award onto 5 people, post on their blog to let them know they won, and then answer the following questions in ONE word:
1. Where is your cell phone? believe it or not I don't have one!!!
2. Your hair? long, straight and blonde
3. Your mother? Tina
4. Your father? Arie
5. Your favorite food? Chocolate
6. Your dream last night? what I would create this morning
7. Your favorite drink? tea
8. Your dream/goal? To get back into teaching when the kids are older
9. What room are you in? den
10. Your hobby? stamping and altered crafts
11. Your fear? losing loved ones
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? rich! no just able to keep up with bills
13. Where were you last night? my father in laws
14. Something that you aren't? rich
15. Muffins? Chocolate Chip
16. Wish list item? Copics
17. Where did you grow up? New Jersey
18. Last thing you did? Blog hop
19. What are you wearing? sweats
20. Your TV? off
21. Your Pets? only tropical fish in a 100 gallon tank
22. Friends? caring
23. Your life? Blessed
24. Your mood? excited to begin a new day, motivated
25. Missing Someone? my mother in law who passed away
26. vehicle? Impala
27. Something you're not wearing? Shoes
28. Your favorite store? Michael's
29. Your favorite color? sage or baja breeze
30. When was the last time you laughed? yesterday
31. Last time you cried? don't remember
32. Your best friend? Scott my hubby
33. One place that I go to over and over? Walmart and Hannaford for groceries
34. Facebook? heck no!! On the computer too much already!
35. Favorite place to eat? Red Lobster although we have not been there in 2 years!!
Now to pass this award on to five others who I visit daily and who inspire me with each and every post. This is so hard since there are so many who inspire me in so many different ways and some of the choices I would like to have picked have already received this award from Cheryl or others. Here they are in no particular order:
Kathy-Inspired to Stamp
Crystal- Crystal's Crafty Creations
Grace- Th-ink-ing of You
Sandee- Simply Southern Sandee
Kristine- Ink Something
I wish I could pass this award on to so many others since you all inspire me!! This post could go on for miles!! I know I posted six here but I happen to know that some of these gals are away or unable to see this post so I posted 6.
I just came back to edit this post since I just was blog hopping and visited my friend Kathy's (Inspired to stamp) blog. She left me a similar award to the one I just passed on to her with the exact same questions, so in order to not be redundant, I am posting a picture of the award and passing it on to 5 more bloggers. Thanks so much for the award Kathy!! Too funny that we would think of each other. You always put a smile on my face with your kindness and your exceptional creations and talent!! If you have not visited Kathy or Cheryl's blog you really should!!
I've also been honoured this week by my dear friend Kathy who bestowed this award on me!!!! Thanks for thinking of me Kathy - YOU ROCK!!!! :)
These are the rules to play along:
Pass this award on to 5 people, post on their blog to let them know they won, and then answer the questions above in ONE word. O.k. so I broke the rules a little bit and answered some of the questions in more than one word and I can't count either LOL!...send out the blog award police.
I pass this award on to (please note these are in no particular order:
Stef- Glitterbabe Greetings
Danni-Danni's Dream Crafts
Ann- Create with me- Ann
Dawn- Stamping Thyme
Angie- Body Mind Spirit and Stamps
Have a great day!! Thanks so much for all your uplifting comments and your inspiring posts!!