Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, February 11, 2009


Yesterday I had fun playing with one of my all time favorite stamp sets from Our Daily Bread designs called Sing to the Lord. I am so looking forward to spring and seeing the green grass, the flowers, and the birds. The color challenge was so springy (Pirouette Pink, Perfect Plum and Kiwi Kiss) and this set just matched perfectly. I even got to use some of my all time favorite designer papers from Stampin Up (Bella Rose and Parisian Summer, I only wish I hoarded more of Parisian Summer before it retired!!). They are so yummy!!!
The Pink Pirrouette background paper and the white behind the image are embossed with the textile embossing folder.
The Technique Lover's challenge for Monday was to take a stamped image, dry embossed image or designer paper and cut it out to make it a part of your card. My entire image as well as the corner is cut out. The birds and flowers were embossed, glittered and layered for a 3D look. I used Mojo73 for my sketch! Combining these challenges was indeed a challenge but FUN!
RECIPE
STAMPS: OUR DAILY BREAD designs- Sing to the Lord
Paper: Parisian Summer DP SU, Bella Rose DP SU, Perfect Plum CS, White CS
Accessories, pearls, embossing powder, glitter, silver thread, hodgepodge hardware, button, Pink Pirouette Ribbon, American Crafts Glitter Green Ribbon, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Textile Embossing Folder from Cuttlebug
Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoyed my post. Thanks in advance for any comments left!! Tomorrow, I have yet another challenge to share with you. Until tomorrow.....

16 comments:

Kelley said...

Just love this card so much, Chris!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a pretty bird image. Such nice details with the lacy border, pearls and dimensional flowers.

~ j said...

such a pretty card. i love all the details!

Jacquel said...

This is pretty cool! I haven't even checked the challenge yet...tfs!!

Stampin' Meg said...

Chris- the levels of details on this card are simply breath-taking!Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your card looks so elegant!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a gorgeous image and your card is just so pretty Chris.. stunning details, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Melody said...

So, so pretty. I love all the detail you put on this card.

Janna said...

Wow, this is really beautiful!!! I just love the image and your coloring is to die for! But the way you laid out the card and all the details like the ribbon and button are incredible! Simply amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Jean McKenzie said...

Hi Chris, three challenges into one card!! Wow that is a great effort and it all looks so pretty. A gorgeous image and I love all your finishing touches!

Many thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

laos348 said...

Very pretty card! The colors look great as well as the dimension.

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is simply stunning! I love all the details, the colors and the texture.

Kathryn said...

Beautiful card -- Love the color and all the fabulous details! ;)

Kelley said...

Awesome, Chris! Love those colors!!!

Stephanie said...

this is really pretty!

Becky said...

gorgeous card, love the pearls.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.