Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

About Me

My Photo
Chris Olsen, Glowbug
Hi! I am Chris, also known as Glowbug on Splitcoaststampers. I live in Appomattox, VA. I so much enjoy blogging and the so many good friendships that have formed as a result. During my free time, I am creating cards or projects and I so enjoy Challenges. I have a very supportive husband, Scott, who understands my addiction and two young daughters,Meghan, 9 and Nicki, 12 years of age, who can't wait to get their hands on my stamps and embellishments. I was an elementary school teacher until my youngest was born. I have now been blessed with the opportunity to teach my two girls at home. I use stamping as a hobby or way to escape.
View my complete profile

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, January 20, 2009



Wow! What a day it has been for me!!! From one thing to the next. Finally have a chance to sit down and leave a brief post. This card is one that I made for two challenges SC211 sketch challenge and CC201. The color challenge was too use not quite navy, kraft, and baja breeze, which I did. I love this color combination!!!! I decided to make my own version of a guy's valentine's card. The card says "You light up my life!!". This card was colored with prisma color pencils and mineral spirits, it was also sponged, and distressed. The coloring is very detailed!! (lol) many of the rocks and parts of the lighthouse and birds are cut out and dimensionalized.

CARD RECIPE
Stamps: Inkadinkado Lighthouse
Paper: Baja Breeze Designer paper, Not quite Navy, Kraft, and Baja Breeze
Accessories: Cuttlebug Vintage Embossing Template, silver hodgepodge brads SU, and Soft Sky ribbon, glitter, prisma color pencils, mineral spirits, nestabilities Labels one, long rectangles, and circles
Hope you enjoyed tonight's post! Have a great night!! I know I can't wait to hit that pillow.

9 comments:

Lesly said...

I love this card. Inkadinkadoo is great! TFS

Ann said...

Wow! This is awesome! I really love all the layers and details you put into it!

Mothermark said...

Absolutely gorgeous beyond gorgeous! You do such a wonderful job with your cards!

Jacquel said...

Awesome card and love your coloring! great work!!

Stampin' Meg said...

Wow- so much fine detail work on this-it is really incredible!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is gorgeous Chris and love the gorgeous image and dimension, Your layout is fabulous and love the corner dies and little silver brads, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Absolutely stunning!

Ellibelle said...

This is beautiful. Love your coloring and the colors you used. Love the sewing too!

Unknown said...

love love love love

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.