Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, January 28, 2009



I hope you enjoy today's posts. Since there is another snowstorm here and I am cooped inside, it is the perfect day to catch up on some challenges. The sleet is coming down here now. Yuck!!!
Yesterday I found out that my favorite and ONLY Scrapbooking store is going out of business . We do have Michael's and A.C. Moore but it is not the same. Their selection of designer papers and heavy Bazzill was fantastic. I guess I will have to do more online shopping. Boohoo!


The first card I made was for three challenges initially. The color challenge for the week which included using Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and Garden Green (CC203), today's sketch challenge (SC215), and TLC205 (using paper pleats). This was a very time consuming card since I kept changing things as I went along. I had done the paper pleats for the canopy over the window but was not happy with it so I pleated ribbon instead. While I love the color Pacific Point, it is a little out of my comfort zone. It is very hard to match with other colors or designer paper. As I was coloring the girl's dresses using gamsol, my ideas seemed to evolve on how I could design this card. I actually love how it turned out. I had planned on giving this card away but I don't know if I want to part with it now. I applied Crystal Effects to the glasses and boots for a shiny appearance and glitter to the dog's bow for some glitz. The images are colored with gamsol and dimensionalized.
Card Recipe
Stamps- Meet Me at the Cafe- My Favorite Things
Paper- Urban Garden DP-SU, Pacifice Point CS, Baja Breeze CS, Garden Green CS, White CS
Accessories- pearls, Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, baja breeze type thread, lace, Sheer Blue Ribbon, hatpin, freshwater faux pearls, Sizzlits swirls folder, Marth Stewart Leaf Punch, and Prima Obsessions Embossed flowers
The second card includes paper pleats for the Technique Lover's Challenge (TLC205). This card was made for a little girl's birthday. I thought the ballerina and the saying were just too cute. All of the papers for this card come from DCWV Girl's Nursery Pack. I love all of this paper!!! It is so beautiful! The floral designer paper in the background glistens with glitter. I thought the pleats were perfect for this card since the ballerina looks like she is performing. It makes the perfect curtain. This stamp set is retired from Stampin Up and is called Tutu Terrific.
Stamps: SU Tutu Terrific
Paper: DCWV Girl's Nursery Stack, Pink Bazzill
Accessories: May Arts Ribbon-pink, American Crafts Pink ribbon, prima flowers, Martha Stewart flower, rhinestones, Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder, oval nestabilities
I hope you enjoyed today's post. Please let me know what you think. I am now off to look at a few blogs and back to stamping I go. I had hoped to accomplish a lot more today but time just hasn't allowed it.




9 comments:

Melody said...

Great cards. I love all MFT stamps and you did a great job a setting the scene.

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards! I love the ruffle over the cafe and the tutu on the girl stamp! TOO TOO cute! LOL!

Unknown said...

oh wow, just beautiful!
you did an awesome job.

Ellibelle said...

This is too cute! Love the pearls you added.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cute, I like how you added the doggie to her lap. Darling cards.

Jacquel said...

Your cards are too cute! wonderful job on both of them...tfs!!!

Swamp Tulip said...

Wow - you did a super job. I live in upstate NY and we got the nasty snow storm too! I'm so ready for spring!

Teresa

xiumaiyuki said...

Wow! these are FABULOUS!!! Love the way you used those lace ribbons to make a canopy!!! Very clever!

Christy said...

Both of these cards are great. I have been investigating using pleats in my creations this week. These are beautiful, thanks for some inspiration.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.