Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Happy Tuesday Friends!! I hope you are having a great beginning to your day!!

Today I am popping in to share a card using a sketch for the Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!!  I used one of my fave images from the recent release called Anchor the Soul!!  I also used The Mighty Sea. The embossed background is the Paper Studio Quatrefoil.


Anchors are a symbol of strength!! I am so glad that my Saviour reigns and that I have hope to go through each day and the hope that some day I will be with Him!  In times of trials I have one set of footprints as it is Him who carries me.  

When I think of this verse: I think of this song by Ray Boltz, The Anchor Holds.  You can listen to the song here on YOUtube

I have journeyed
Through the long, dark night
Out on the open sea
By faith alone
Sight unknown
And yet His eyes were watching me
The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging seas
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm
I've had visions
I've had dreams
I've even held them in my hand
But I never knew
They would slip right through
Like they were only grains of sand
The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging seas
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm
I have been young
But I am older now
And there has been beauty
These eyes have seen
But it was in the night
Through the storms of my life
Oh, that's where God proved
His love to me
The anchor holds
Though the ship's been battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging seas
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm
I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging seas
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm


 Here is the photo of the sketch:



      For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters: Cheryl ScrivensDJ RantsDiana NyugenRobin ClendenningLinda Carson,           and Elizabeth Whisson.                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                                          
To see all the challenge in one place, click here.                                                             
You have until August 10 join in.  We would love to see your creations!!             

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comments.  I hope you have a blessed day!!

Blessings,

11 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

So gorgeous! Love your coloring and your panels are just super clever! Thank you for sharing lyrics to that great song.

Alshandra said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Love all the colours and the images that you've used - very clever! Thanks for sharing that song - I've never heard it before - but will definitely be listening to it again!

Becky said...

wow, this is just stunning Chris. Love this image also and love how you did the panels. Every thing ties in so nicely.

CherylQuilts said...

Chris, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is stunning with the beautiful blue sky and wonderful clouds!! And it's really lovely with the black matting! Stunning card, sweet friend, and it's so true that God is only only Anchor in times of our greatest need! Praise God!! Tender hugs and praying for your continued healing!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Chris!! As always your card is spectacular!!! I love how you put the two scenes together...they just look like they were meant for each other! Wow, wow, wow!!! Love your billowy clouds too!
That song you wrote out is soooo beautiful!
Thank you for that as well!

Sandra H said...

So beautiful and so much talent ....your image and colouring is absolutely stunning as is the layout of your card xx

DJ Rants said...

How exquisite!! Love your sponging on the panels, genious!! and your coloring is divine!! Thank too for the wonderful song, it sure brings comfort!!

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic combining the two stamps, great coloring, love it!

DebR said...

This is stunning! Love the colors and the clouds you made. Our Anchor is sure and steady! I love this song also.

Linda Carson said...

This is one stunning card Chris! Very creative and very clever using the panels as part of the scene! Love the depth of color too! Absolutely gorgeous!

Greta said...

Oh what great stamping & sponging, Chris! Terrific use of the sketch!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.