Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Hello all!!  It has been quite a while since I have posted.  I am so sorry.  I have been dealing with a lot of pain issues as well as trying to exercise and strengthen my leg as much as possible.  I am not at all complaining.  God is good and He is faithful!!  He has brought me a long ways from where I was when it first began but still have a long way to go.

Today's challenge at the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge is Anything Goes with ODBD stamps!!!

I had fun with this one using the newest die: Faithful Fish Pattern and some of ODBD's Nautical themed stamps: The Mighty Sea and Waves on the sea.  The port hole is created with the Circle Ornaments and Matting Circles dies from ODBD.  

I wanted to make a more masculine Thinking of you card for a male friend of ours that is battling 4th stage lung cancer.


*Our Daily Bread Designs, Waves on the Sea, The Mighty Sea, Matting Circle Dies, Circle Ornament dies, Beautiful Borders, designed by Chris Olsen


Materials
ODBD Stamps Used: The Mighty Sea, Waves on the Sea
ODBD Dies Used: Faithful Fish Pattern, Circle Ornaments, Matting Circles, Beautiful Borders
**************************************
Psalms 107:29  He caused the storm to be still, So that the waves of the sea were hushed.


“Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I am God. I rule the nations. I rule the earth.” (Psalm 46:10 GW)
Every day, you have to decide who’s going to be in control of your  life — you or God.
      That choice is a battle. There are things in your life that you want to control. You want to make your own rules. But stress relief always starts with letting God be God. It always starts with saying, “God, I’m giving up control, because you can control the things that are out of control in my life.”
Psalm 46:10 says, “Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I am God. I rule the nations. I rule the earth” (GW). 
      I don’t know what you’re going to face this week. You don’t, either. But I can already tell you what God wants you to do: Let go, and know. Let go of control, and know that God is in control. Let go, and know! This is the first step to serenity in your life.  Just like God created the sea and all that is in it and He has control, so much more does He love us and is able to take control of every situation in our lives.  He can control life's storms when we can't.
************************
Today is DJ's last challenge as part of the challenge team at ODBD!! She will indeed be missed!!  I have enjoyed working with you DJ!! May God Bless you!! HUGS!

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoy my creation!! For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters: DJ RantsDiana NyugenRobin ClendenningGracie Chavez, and Elizabeth Whisson.

You can join the challenge and find more information here.

Thanks to all who stop by and comment.  It is so appreciated!!

blessings,



Word Art Wednesday- Anything goes (free scripture digi each week)

15 comments:

Patti J said...

Sometimes, the hardest thing for me is to 'let go, and let God'! We humans just want to be in control of things, and it's scary to let it all go! Great post, Chris! Your card is beautiful, as always. I'm so sorry to hear that you are still not doing well with your leg. I'll keep lifting up the prayers your way. Hugs...

Diana Nguyen said...

Love that we both went nautical. It's a wonderful card and one that is sure to life up your friend's spirit. I hope he will feel better soon and that you will too! So sorry you are still in pain, sweet Chris! Praying for you also.

Conniecrafter said...

Love how your tag is the shore, pretty coloring!

Robin Clendenning said...

I so love those two nautical stamps! They are so perfect together. Love your fish background too! I love how you do your sunset sky too! So beautiful Chris!!!

DJ Rants said...

Oh, this is so beautiful Chris! ! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity! !! I will continue to pray for your full recovery, and also for the recipient of this card! ! I love the way you used the angled banner with the waves, unbelievably gorgeous! ! Blessings to you and your family! !

Becky said...

This is beautiful Chris, wonderful colors.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Chris!! I just love your nautical themed creations!! Love your coloring. Great words of wisdom too. It is always hard to let go and let God!!
hugs,
Joyce

Lisa Lara said...

Amazing card Chris. Beautiful message of faith. Thinking and praying for you. Hugs.

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is beautiful, Chris, and has such an amazing color combination. I always enjoy your creative style SO much. Thanks so much and please stop by to link up again soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Alshandra said...

Lovely card Chris - I'm sure your friend will appreciate it. Gorgeous colours and love the layout. Thanks so much for the verse and the rest of your post too - something I needed to read this week!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Chris, I am so sorry about your friend....I pray that he will 'let go' (as your beautiful message states) and welcome the Lord's healing hand which has already been given. He will love your beautiful card!! I love when you use this fishing boat image....your scenes are always amazing, as are all of the lovely details you add. You are awesome...in every way! Love and hugs, Angie

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, I continue to pray for relief from the pain and that you will feel better...but, yes, we continue to trust Him in His time. Still it's hard. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend battling cancer, and he will love this card and find great comfort in it. It's stunning how you've colored the image, and I love the layout with the beautiful texture and embellishments! Stunning card!! Hugs, sweet friend, and continuing to pray!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Chris this is absolutely fantastic! A perfect masculine card! I now your friend will be comforted by this card! Hope you feel better sweet friend!

Graciellie Design said...

Chris, your coloring is gorgeous! What a beautiful card this is! Thanks for sharing such an encouraging verse with us... I agree that our lives are one day at a time when we depend completely on Him! I hope your health keeps getting better and better so you can continue to share your creativity with us! Hugs, Gracie.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.