Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Hello Friends!! I hope all is well and that you are all staying warm.  It is unbelievable to me how quickly the winter weather has come upon us.  My prayers go out to those who have undergone the terrible storms and the families who have lost loved ones.  My heart goes out to them.  Today marks the anniversary of my mother in laws death.  After 15 years, she still lives on in our hearts and will always be a special part of our lives.  It seems her faith and love for the Lord as well as her love for our family is a constant reminder to us. I hope I can be as positive an influence on the lives of others as she has.  Even during her battle with cancer, she was a remarkable woman with such faith and testimony to everyone she met! 

Today I am popping in to share  a card made for the Shining the Light challenge at ODBD which is to use 4 of the letters in BLESSINGS for a recipe on your creation.

I used an older set from Our Daily Bread Designs called Christmas Blessings and created my own poinsettias with the ODBD Peaceful Poinsettia dies.  I wanted to achieve a simple elegance.

My recipe from the word recipe included: B-Beads, L-Lace, E-Embossing, S-Square, S-snowflake, I-ink, Ivy embossing folder, N-nine pearls, nestabilities, G-Gold, S-Sentiment.


Card Recipe:
Stamps: ODBD Christmas Blessings
Dies: ODBD Peaceful Poinsettia dies, ODBD Circle Ornaments die, Spellbinders Ornate Squares
Accessories: Sizzix Holly and Ivy embossing folder, lace, beads, pearls, gold embossing powder

To me Christmas is a time of giving, not of gifts but of ourselves, being Christlike as we remember the gift of God's Son.  Is there someone who's life you can touch with a gift of love this Christmas?

So many times we want to give more to those that need help. We might think that giving only comes in the form of cash donations. This is not true; you can give by helping others. Everyone can give something whether it is time, money or some other way of helping others. Helping others includes the times when you visit the sick, run errands for someone who is unable or even when you just offer your umbrella to someone on a rainy day.


Matthew 10:5 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.
Matthew 25:35-40 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Give the gift of love this Christmas!!


I hope you have enjoyed my take on the inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoy my creation!! For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters: Cheryl ScrivensDJ RantsDiana NyugenRobin ClendenningLinda Carson, and Elizabeth Whisson.

To see all the challenge in one place, click here.  You have until November 30 to  join in. We would love to see your creations!!


One more thing. ODBD is having a BIG sale through Sunday, and I do mean big. You won't want to miss it.
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/our-daily-bread-designs-20-off-sale-and.html

I hope everyone in the USA has a Blessed Thanksgiving!!
Blessings,

Chris

I am entering my card in Word Art Wednesday Challenge #159 - Anything Goes.


11 comments:

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card and adorable flowers x

Robin Clendenning said...

Lovely Chris!! I love how you made that beautiful "snowflake" behind your sentiment circle and the bright red poinsettias are so striking against the all white. The touch of gold on the edges of your circle and edges of your embossed layer are so elegant! Love the little bit of lace too! Using the seed beads for your stamen was a great idea!! Much better than the micro beads I have used because you can see their individualness better. Love your beautiful, elegant card!

DJ Rants said...

AwwwW, what a spark of genius, I'm completely speechless, sigh!! What a beautiful card, love love love what you did with this Spellbinders square making it into a gorgeous snowflake!!! Amazing pop of color with the poinsettias, this is truly amazing!! Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, it's hard to believe how quickly the time has passed. What a blessing that you have such precious memories of your mother-in-law and how God gave her the strength and grace during her battle with cancer. While she is now with Jesus, she has left a hole in your hearts that is replaced with the precious memories God brings to your minds and that you cherish in your hearts! Yes, may we also strive to live our lives (no matter our circumstances) in a way that glorifies God.

Your card is absolutely exquisite! Yes, I agree with DJ that your dies are so beautiful and have made such a beautiful "snowflake" motif behind the beautiful Christmas greeting! And your poinsettias are gorgeous! I especially love the small beads in the centers and the gilded edge! Stunning as always, sweet friend! Wishing you a blessing and joyous Thanksgiving, as we all have so very much to be thankful for!! Warm hugs, dear friend!

Diana Nguyen said...

Your card is so gorgeous! So classy and elegant. I love what you did with the ornate squares and the gold edging. Praying for you that your headache goes away soon! Yes, stay away from the computer!

Becky said...

Your card is stunning Chris! Gorgeous dies and beautiful sentiment.
Hope you feel better.
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Linda Carson said...

Wow! Such an elegant beauty! Very classy with the red, white and golden touches! The lace and pearls just add to the elegance! Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving! You're a blessing in my life!

Cards By Jan said...

Awesome, beautiful card Chris...You filled the bill, and used all the words...awesome.
Blessings & Hugs

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS, Chris. Your post is also such a blessing, and I thank you so much for sharing both with us in this week's challenge. I hope your Thanksgiving was a blessing to you and your family.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Alshandra said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card Chris. Love the red and white together.

Jo Ann said...

This is elegantly awesome! I love everything about it especially the die-cut and the heartfelt sentiment. And those cute poinsettias are a nice touch.. We are very blessed that you joined us at last week's Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. A brand new Challenge started today so, would love for you to join us again. Leaving you the assurance of God's Word in 1 John 4:9, "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him." Have a great day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.