Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Wednesday, January 30, 2013


 Before moving into our new home, I had made a few heart gift boxes and shared them on my personal blog. I had several requests from my blog viewers asking for a tutorial on how to make them.  So today.....several months later....is a tutorial.




Materials:
-1 piece of 12x12 solid cardstock (mine is black)
- 2 different pieces of 6x6 designer paper (1 piece for layering on each side and 1 for the lining on the inside of the heart box)
-Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Hearts (you will need the largest classic and scalloped dies for the actual box...I used several for decorating as well)
-12x12 cutter and scorer
- 1/4" scoretape
-scissor

optional:
 Bo Bunny - Home and SEI dp. 
 Our Daily Bread Designs- Be Joyful stamp set
 copics (Booo, Boo,  Bo1, Bo2, Bo4, YG91, YG93, G94)
 Gold Flowersoft  and Flowersoft glue




Steps:

1. For the purpose of this tutorial, I already precut 2 of the largest scalloped hearts and a 2"x9 1/2" out of the solid card stock and 4 hearts using the largest classic heart (2 from each piece of the 6x6" sheets of designer papers).


2. Score the 2 x 9 1/2" piece of cardstock and 1/4 inch from each long side.



3. Apply Scor-tape to each of the 1/4" scored edges.


4.Cut slits on the scor-tape approximately 1/4 inch apart all the way across on each side.

Since a heart can't sit on it's point, I make the box sit on it's side.

5.  Peel off the scoretape and adhere one side of the scored strip to the wrong side of the "Lining".

6.  Do the same thing with the other side of the scored rectangular strip.  The wrong side should be pointing out. 
hint: This side is more tricky to line up so I begin adhering at the point of the heart starting with the middle of my strip.  You may want to peel off half of the tape at a time and adhere to the heart.



7. Adhere the decorative layer of dp to each of the scalloped card stock hearts.


8.  Adhere each of the card stock scalloped hearts to the heart "frame" you have created to complete the heart box "shell".




9. Decorate as desired.








I used Bo Bunny - Home and SEI dp.  The sentiment and image is from Our Daily Bread Designs- Be Joyful stamp set. The image was colored with copics (Booo, Boo,  Bo1, Bo2, Bo4, YG91, YG93, G94).  Gold flowersoft was added to the centers.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and are in some way inspired by my project.  God bless you!!

~Chris

1 comments:

Dorcas98 said...

this is awesome!!!! It can not only be used for valentines but a wedding shower with a divverent verse on!! the colors are the same as my daughter in law to be is having her girls wear!! I now have a shower idea. the detail is awesome Just everything is

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.