Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hello All!!  I hope you have been enjoying the weekend!!  After having a very rough week, it was great to be able to spend some time with my hubby and girls.  We have spent some quality time together.


Today I am popping in to share this week's Stampin Sister's in Christ Challenge.  This week's hostess is Traci.


This week's verse chosen my Traci is:
1 Thessalonians 5:18 "Give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." ESV


It is very easy to say thanks for things when life is going well or when things turn out just the way want them to but it isn't easy when life gets rough.  When life seems to be at it's worst, we always have something to be thankful for.  During this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday remember to say thanks!!


This weeks challenge:


Create a card or project that depicts gratitude...it can be an image of something you are grateful for, a scripture that evokes your gratitude, or it can be a card made especially for a person you would like to thank this time of year!!


For my card I chose to use the verse: 


The Gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 6:23


 No, this is not a Thanksgiving or a thank you card but it shows the one thing that I am deeply grateful for!!!  Without this gift from God, my life would not be worth living.  Thanks Lord, for your Grace and for your salvation.  As we approach the holiday season, I pray that it is remembered that  this is the true gift..there are no gifts in comparison!!!




CARD RECIPE
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs- Gift of GodSacred Season
Accessories: lace, gold metal bells (hoarded stash from last year), liquid applique, lace, ivory wrinkled ribbon from May Arts, Provocraft Soft Swirls, Gold embossing powder
Dies: Holly Accents from SpellbindersODBD Window Die


Be sure to check out  Traci's devotional on the SSIC Blog, as I know you'll be blessed!

For more inspiration please visit my DT Sisters:
   LindaLisa, MiesjeRebecca,PeggysueKris,  Marilynn,  and
 Traci

challenges I am entering my creation in:
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - must be Christmas - use a stamp that has never seen inkFabulous Friday - embossingFloweret ChristmasInspire Me Fridays - always anything goesMami Doodles -  ChristmasTotally Papercrafts - VictorianWags 'n Whiskers -  ChristmasCCEE Stampers -  3 Different Shapes on Your Card (oval, ornament, rectangle)Crimbo Crackers -  must be Christmas -  Make It SparklePaper Crafting Journey - EmbossingCrafting for all Seasons #13 texture Divas by Design -#14 metal (bell baubles)Anything Goes Challenge -  #53 Stitches Real or FauxClear It Out! - Use Old Supplies - Your Favourite Holiday Paper Take Weekly - First ChristmasIncy Wincy Designs -  StitchingTop Tip Tuesday - #59 Anything Christmas GoesOoh La La Creations  Stitching (faux or real)2 Sisters - #65 Anything GoesDi's Digis Designs Ribbons and Bows One Stop Craft - #157 Ribbons and Lace Do You Stack Up? Inspiration Picture* Song (Ring the Bells)Southern Girls - Inspired by a Song

Thanks for stopping by and for all your comments!! They are greatly appreciated!!

Have a great day!!

Blessings,




36 comments:

Merlyn said...

Very nice card with a beautiful verse

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
Gorgeous card. Your work is always an inspiration.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Patti J said...

As always, Chris, I am blown away by your creative masterpiece! Wow, thank you for being such an inspiring friend! Glad that your week got better! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Another lovely card, Chris! Wonderful verse, I love all your details! hugs, Angela

Grace said...

Chris I just love this card! Love the vintage feel, the collage effect... and all the little Chris details that make your cards so special! Thanks for all the inspiration you give on so many levels!
hugs,
Grace

Dawnll said...

This is so lovely and elegant.
Sending you a big hug

Anonymous said...

Lovely vintage feel to this one Chris, Thanks for coming to play with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Christmas challenge I hope you can come play again soon you can enter up to 3 times per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Ps I have candy on my blog too!

Miesje said...

This is absolutely stunning Chris! I love the card, so rich and elegant looking. Great choice and perfect sentiment! I am glad that you had a good week and hope that the upcoming week is wonderful!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

Traci M said...

Your card has so many beautiful elements on it and the verse is one we can all be most thankful for, Chris!! Your work is beautiful and stunning and your words a reflection that God is at work in you! I hope you have a respite and have a restful upcoming week! Hugs!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Chris ,, the details are all fabulous and so pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Becky said...

This is just stunning Chris. Love the warm colors and great details.

Sandra H said...

Hi, Just so amazing as always you create such beautiful cards:) Sandra H

Annette said...

Wow Chris, amazing card. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday and also our Ribbon and lace challenge at One Stop Craft. Annette xx

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, great details. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up and good luck.

-Wenche

Jenny Evans said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the layering!!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Frosted Designs!! :D

Caroljenks said...

Beautiful card Chris - I love the holly accents - gorgeous!

Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'Anything Christmas' Challenge.
Don't forget we love to see your Top Tips too – Just add (TIP) after your name when you link and you could be the lucky winner of our Top Tipper Prize!

Carol x

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just stuning the colors the detail just super,brilliant hugs cherylx bless you too hun for playing at anything goes,this week glad you had a better week too love hugs xxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This card is gorgeous! I love your bow with the bells!! The distressing and inking is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful ornate card! Absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Here's hoping your migraines are all cleared away. Lovely card as usual, gorgeous, rich color!

Unknown said...

wow!! gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It Out

Stressed Stamper said...

And again Chris - another stunner - Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week - Good Luck
Sarah x

Tip Top said...

Beautiful and such wonderful texture! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

Nicki Olsen said...

Wow MOm!! How beautiful!!
I love the colors and the window and pine cone together looks awesome!!!
(P.s. I personally LOVE the colors and the lace!!.... contrary to what others may think....)
Hugs,
Nicki

Mami Doodles said...

Love all the delicate embossing! Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Carol said...

Fabulous card, love all your texture. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x.

Deneen said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I love the layers, and embossing. Thanks for joining the Anything Christmas Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Ren-Yi said...

A truly magical card. I love the many embellishments, including the glitter. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

Sue U said...

Lovely card Chris, with a beautiful verse.Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls, hope to see you again soon

Sue xx

Ren-Yi said...

Did I mention this is a magical card? ;) Thanks for playing along with us at Mami Doodles.

Unknown said...

Great card!! Wonderful message. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week, Joan

Nicola said...

There sure is no greater gift Chris and your card truly reflects this. Fabulous creation as always sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

MariLynn said...

Chris, I love your card. I love the little bells that you used on your card and I like how you stamped the scripture. Sorry it has taken so long to comment this week. I am still coughing a lot. Hope you have a blessed day!

Lagene said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely Gorgeous! I love all the texture, layers, shine, colors!!!

promotional products said...

Wow its very beautiful card. You have done amazing creation. I really like this card pattern, color and very nicely use ribbon and bell.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.