Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, November 22, 2010
Happy Monday Everyone!! I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Unfortunately I have been feeling under the weather and pretty sick over the weekend so our family had a very lay low weekend.  I originally was suppose to sing for church but that was not in the cards for me with my coughing fits and no voice.  Oh well...this too shall pass.

I am not up to making cards right now so thank goodness I am not a procrastinator and work well ahead of time.

Today is another Stamp and Create Product Spotlight and this week's Spotlight is anything with food...So any stamps that include food in them will be up to 25% off this week.

For my creation I used the adorable Henry Christmas Mouse from Whiff of Joy!  I can't get enough of dear Henry!  He is for sure one of my faves!  I colored Henry with copics.  The paper is Cosmo Cricket Very Merry. The flowers are  prima aqua roses available at Stamp and Create and some prima flowers I found at Michaels. The Sentiment is Whimsy's Holiday Ticket Sentiments. The scallops are cut out using the scallops die from Nestabilities.



The layout uses the Whiff of Joy sketch created by Tara.

I added texture using a soft swirls embossing folder from Cuttlebug and distressed my edges. The snowflake is a button which I placed in the middle of a bow and hung gold bauble bells from.



My second card uses a sneak peak from Our Daily Bread Designs called Full of Grace- Blessings.  I got some glittery dp from my scrap bin to create it (I know it is from DCWV but am unsure of the name).  I just love the pink and black together.  The flowers and pin are from Wild Orchid.  As you can see I went die cut happy with my Lacey Squares die.  Since the square was not big enough to frame my entire card, I used a die from the Fleur De Lis Frame set (Spellbinders) to piece in the middle.  I put the Fleur de Lis symbol upside down.

challenges for my two cards:
Whiff of Joy sketch
Totally Papercrafts - Snow and SnowflakesStampin' for the Weekend - WinterDaring Cardmakers - 3 of somethingReally Reasonable Ribbon - ChristmasDigi Doodles Shops Best - Anything GoesStampin' Bs - SnowflakesHodge Podge Shop - Anything GoesPaperPlay - Let it SnowPaper Romance - My favorite things (Whiff of Joy stamps, ribbon and flowers)CCEE Stampers - Buttons (snowflake button)Top Tip Tuesday - 1 or more buttonsMel Jens - Sparkle/Shine/BlingCrafts and Me - GlitterCreative Cottage - For someone special at ChristmasABC Christmas - 'X' is for ChristmasAnything Goes - Let it SnowFrosted Designs - DistressingCaardvarks - Holiday Card + use diecutsDiecut Dreams Christmas - Anything Goes ChristmasCritter Sketch - Texture2 Sisters - SnowflakesCreative Inspirations - ChristmasTreehouse Stamps - GlitterScrappy Frogs - ChristmasDigistamps4Joy - Inspired by ChristmasCrafty Calendar - Winter SnowflakesSweet Stampin' - SnowflakesSouthern Girls - Favorite Color- Mint green or baja breeze


For more examples using the Product Spotlight, please visit my dt sisters: Joy, Lacey, Heidi, Vicky and  Jeanette.

Thanks for stopping by today!! Thanks also for your sweet comments!! Have a great day!!


hugs,

67 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, Chris. You and your family always get hit so hard in the colder months. I hope you all feel better soon and have a nice holiday. I love your projects today. That mouse card is so stinkin' adorable. Just beautiful, and the second one is so classy and elegant. Your talent never wavers my friend. Thank you for dropping by my blog for a visit too. I miss you and talking with you too. Take care and hope to be in touch soon.

Hugs and many blessings to you,
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hi Chris, again great cards!! The 1st one I recognised straight away cause I'm working on a card with that sketc myself!! Your's is lovely! Mine's gonna be totally different, funny isn't it that one sketch can turn into such different cards?! The 2nd one is very elegant with the black and red. Great job! Hugs, Frea

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both really stunning. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
These are stunning cards. Your work is always such an inspiration. Beautiful crafting.
I hope you and your family all feel better soon.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Thea said...

Hello Chris,
Two beautiful cards, the little bells on the first are so sweet!
Hugs Thea

Crystal said...

Good Morning Chris, wow Henry is ADORABLE and the colors on the second one is GORGEOUS!!! Hope you start feeling better soon hun!! Big hugs!

sallysbitz2 said...

Two beautiful cards xx
I do hope you and your family are on the mend xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous work Chris, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club and Digi Doodle Shops BEst.
xx

Unknown said...

Love your cards!
Hugs
Kim
x

Debbi said...

Gorgeous cards, Chris! I hope you and your family will be feeling better soon. It is good that you were able to rest all weekend.
*smiles*
debbi

gina g said...

Gorgeous cards as always. I hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our Challenge this time. luv gina xx

Benzi said...

Your cards are gorgoeus..always full of awesome details. These are no exception. Sorry you're feeling bad..hope you are going to mend very soon. Thanks for joining the Stampin B's with your lovely creations.

Brenda said...

What gorgeous cards. I love your whiff of joy card. Love those papers. The 2nd card is well, just STUNNING. Bren

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie!! WOW!! Your cards are just gorgeous!! Love your soft colors and image on the top one and the elegant look of the second!! Sorry to hear about your sickness!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!HUGS

Becky said...

The mouse is just adorable and love those colors. The second one is so elegant!

Nannieflash said...

Two fabulous cards love them both. With love and hugs Shirleyx

Anne said...

Smashing cards Chris, love them both.
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage & Totally Papercrafts challenges this week

Anne

Maria Matter said...

oh Chris, I'm so sorry to hear you are under the weather! sending hugs & prayers to you! take care of yourself!

gorgeous cards, love the color combos on each! amazing & fun details too!
hugs & blessings!

Diane said...

Two lovely cards - great colours on both of them! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Diane x

Holly Young said...

Hope you feel better soon Chris! Your first card is just so cute and I love the crochet trim and flowers! The second card has a wonderful sentiment, and I love the color combination!

Monique said...

More great projects..Always a ton of inspiration when I come to visit :)..Thanks for playing along with us at Tree House Stamps :)

Sue said...

Hi Chris two gorgeous cards, luv the christmas mouse beautiful papers & embelies,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

sue said...

both beautiful cards thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Grace said...

Simply stunning on both counts Chris! LOVE the rich black and rose of the ODBD and how you did the lacey frame! Wowzers! The first one is too cute!!! Hope you all feel better soon!!!
hugs,
Grace

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Daring Carmakers with your lovely work!

Greetings, Saskia :)
(guest desinger)

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Chris,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Trisha said...

Great Cristmas card! Love the image and all the details put into it-comes together nicely! Thanks for joining us at DCD's Christmas Club. xox Trish

Joey said...

WOW WOW WOW Love both these cards Chris, the pink and black card is so striking. Thanks for joining us at tpc. Joey.xxx

Neva said...

Chris this is so pretty, thanks for playing along with this weeks Treehouse Thursday Challenge.

Silli said...

Oh Chris, your cards are very pretty...I love your coloring...Henry is so cute!

chris said...

2 stunners chris they are both so beautiful hugs chris xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Both cards are stunning :o)
hugs and xxx

Caroljenks said...

Oh Chris what gorgeous colours! Just love everything about this sweet card - It's gorgeous!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Buttons' challenge :)

Carol x

Danni said...

Really hope you get to feeling better! Wonderful cards but I just love the second one! So striking!

Cor* said...

Chris.....your Christmas card is sooooooooooooo SWEET!!! lovely layout Great coloring. Super accents! Thanks for sharing your Wintery/Christmassy chilly whilly creation at the Creative Inspirations challenge this fortnight!! Good luck.

Christine Riley said...

Hope you feel better soon! Your cards are beautiful, what gorgeous colors and layouts.
Hugs, Christine

Anonymous said...

So very pretty Chris! I love the colours and love the way you did the ribbon and added the little bells too! beautiful! thanks for playing along with at the ABC Christmas challenge, Samantha :0)

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful cards Chris. I love the colors you used on your Christmas card. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh dear Chris I do hope you feel better soon there seems to be a lot of illness around at the moment. I absolutely love these two cards you are showing here stunning work as always, take care.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Michelle's Daydreams said...

HI Chris, I love the colors you used on the first card. They are such a soft and soothing combination. And the second card is completely elegant! I hope your cold gets better quick. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family. Michelle

Cindy Haffner said...

Chris your cards are FABULOUS!!!!!

Kerri said...

That first card is the CUTEST!!!! I love that image, the colors, the layout, EVERYTHING!!! The second card is just stunning with the pink and black, and how clever are you with the lacey squares! Genius my friend:)

Melodie said...

Wow, Chris, your creations are again so wonderful.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW they are both stunning.
luv
Debby

Karen Wilson said...

Feel better soon, Chris. A lot of ppl under the weather these days!

Both of these are just stunning. I love your color choices!!

Carol L said...

Both cards are beautifully detailed! I just LOVE those tiny jingle bells dangling on the first card! Feel better soon, ya hear??

Joy said...

WOW! such fabulous cards you made for both your DTs! they are so lovely. I am always so amazed at your awesome layouts and such intricate detail! hope all is well with you and that you will be back into the swing of things. my prayers are with you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! big hugs to you!

Niki Estes said...

Just beautiful cards, Chris! I love the colors and embellishments on both. Hope you feel better soon!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

stunning projects! I hope you feel better soon!

Julie said...

Soooooo very lovely and such a striking colour scheme! Thankyou for joining us for challenge 6 at Southern Girls! Happy crafting,Julie.x

Shatam said...

Nice card. Thanks for playing with us at Digi Doodle Shop Best and hope to see you next week for another challenge.

Chantal (Shatam),
www.universdeshatam.blogspot.com

Annette Bowes said...

Sorry to hear you are not well, hope you are feeling much better today!

Your creations are stunning as always Chris how cute is happy Christmas Mouse such a gorgeous colour combo and pretty papers, embellishments, love the little bells on the ribbon.

Love the vibrant pink and black card very striking, get well soon, take careX:)

Julie said...

This is total cuteness! Thanks for playing along with the Treehouse Challenge this week!

Anita said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at MelJen's Designs this week!

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS cards, Chris
Your details are fabulous!!

Karen x

Debbie Harris said...

Stunning cards! Thank you for joining the Digistamps 4 Joy challenge!

Alyssa S said...

Cute Cute! Love how you threaded the thin ribbon through the lace - so pretty! Very striking and beautiful second card too!

Hope you're feeling better :)

Deb Mitchell said...

Gorgeous card- looks awesome! Thanks for playing along at Southern Girls Blog for this Challenge

Hugz

Deb

Jóna said...

Super great cards !

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best, hop to see you again.

I am posting this to all those I comment on, so you might have got this before, if so I hope it’s ok to get it again :D
I am one of the DT members at DDSB and I want to tell you about group I have opened at PCP “Fan’s of Digi Doodle Shop” and you are so very welcome to join us there :D
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/fansofdigidoodleshop

All the best to you, Jóna

Tara Godfrey said...

Gorgeous cards, Chris! I just adobe your WOJ Henry card! The papers and colours are just so pretty and Henry is so sweet and coloured flawlessly! I love the ribbon with Christmas bells and the gorgeous snowflake in the centre. Such beautiful details, love the stitching and the flowers are so scrumptious...stunning in everyway! Thanks so much for using my sketch you did a beautiful job with it and thanks for joining us at WOJ Challenges and best of luck with the DT call!
Hugs,t

chrissy xx said...

It's Gorgeous. LOve everything about it! Thank you for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
Chrissyxx

Chrissy D said...

STUNNING AND STRIKING! Love those bold colors on your ODBD project Chris! FABULOUS!!

Mummylade said...

Just popped by to admire your wonderful creations! Thank you so much for entering the SFTW challenge and good luck!

Squirrel x said...

Great Xmas card, thanks for joining us at ABC CC this time. Sxx

Jane said...

Sorry to hear you're unwell, hope you feel better soon! Your cards are stunning! I adore the colours you've used for your WOJ card! Thanks for joining us at Whiff of Joy, hugs, Jane xxx

Helen said...

Beautiful cards - Henry looks so sweet!
Helen x

Helen said...

Oops...forgot to say:
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.