Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a good weekend! Today, I am really excited to share with you my card spotlighting Buttons, Brads and Bling This week over at the Stamp & Create blog, the DT will showcase some of these gorgeous embellishments and of course, because they are the spotlight, they will be reduced by 25%! Isn't that awesome!!

In addition to using the American Crafts Pearl brads, Basic Grey green pearls, and Basic Grey Pearl Flourishes that are on sale this week, I used Basic Grey Sugar Rush, Basic Grey Bitter Sweet dp, lace, flower charm, Trellis Roses-Coral Rose Prima flowers and the Sarah Kay-Fanny's Cuddle by Stampavie image available at Stamp and Create as well!! I colored her with water colors, cut her out and popped her on a circle cut with my Circle Nestabilities (scalloped and standard) and embossed with Swiss dots.





A few weeks ago I promised I would put up a tutorial on how I created this four drawer box card. So here it is! I hope I have put them in step by step instructions that can be easily understood.Four Drawer Box Card Tutorial


1. Gather your materials.
For my drawer card I used the Sizzix Matchbox die available at Stampin Up. You could run it through the Big Kick or through the Cuttlebug. For the purposes of this tuturial, I used the cuttlebug. (The die is sandwiched between the B and C plate without the bigger plate that comes with the Cuttlebug.)
-four pieces of 6 1/2 inch by 6 inch pieces of lavender cardstock and four pieces of 7 inch by 3 1/2 inch pieces of pink cardstock (to create a two toned box, you can use one color if you would like)-four brads-Scoretape (double sided adhesive)-one completed card measuring 5 1/4 by 5 1/4
-a base cut out of lavender or color of your choice measuring 5 1/4 by 5 1/4
-cuttlebug or Big Kick (Wizard can also be used)-cropodile2. Create matchbox.

2.

a. Using 1 lavender piece measuring 6/12 by 6 inches, cut out box with Sizzix die. Fold on score lines and use Scoretape to adhere. Fold on score lines over the scoretape.When finished...the bottom will look like this:

b. Then create top of box with pink 7 by 3 inch pieces. Fold on score lines and apply scoretape on edge to adhere together.

3. Use cropodile and pierce hole centered in front of box (bottom panel).

4. insert brad for pull so it looks like this:



5. Create entire box by sliding top pink slide over your base. Repeat steps 2-4 until you have a total of four matchboxes.
6. Take bottom 5 1/4 by 5 1/4 inch panel and center matchboxes about a 1/4 inch from the sides like this.
7. Apply Scoretape to bottom of matchbox

8. Apply glue of scoretape to top of base and adhere boxes.


This is what it should look like after the boxes are adhered.


9. Put adhesive on back of card.




10. Center card on matchboxes and base panel so they match. And Ta da...the finished product.








I want to end this post by apologizing for not hopping to blogs over the past week. Our family has been hit very hard with illness. I have had to care for my husband who has been severely ill with the flu and zapped without any energy to get up and do the normal things he needs to do. This past weekend we even had to call 911 due to an adverse reaction to his medication and some very scary happenings. The day was spent in the ER and trying to care for my dear hubby. It hurts to see him so weak and uncapable of doing so many things. Scott has always been real healthy and I have never in my life seen him this ill. He is now on his second week off from work and is showing little improvement in regards to his health. Hopefully the meds he is on will improve his condition rapidly now!!

My youngest, Meghan, also had this flu for 5 days but has snapped back so much more quickly at the age of 7. She is now just suffering a cold that resulted from this flu.

My husband and I prayed that this flu would not affect our oldest daughter, Nicki, 10, who suffers with Asthma. Flu's usually are a trigger for her. This prayer was answered until last night. She now is having real difficulties with her asthma and I need to keep a close eye on her as well. This a.m. she even had a severe nosebleed as a side affect to some of her asthma medications. This always scares me since she has been also admitted to the hospital for nosebleeds that we could not stop.

I hope to take some breathers here and visit you but I do need to put my family first. I will have posts up, Lord willing for cards and projects I have already completed in the next few days.

oh...I will also be posting blog candy later on today that I have already photographed. This is big candy to thank all my followers. Hope you can stop by later!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. Your visits and inspirational comments are greatly appreciated.

43 comments:

chris said...

Hi there Chris
wow this is fabulous,brilliant tutorial,and such fantastic papers and card .
hugs Chris xx

Guylaine Seyer said...

beautiful and a big thanks for the tuto!

ribenaruby said...

Thankyou for this tutorial in these trying times for you and your family, wishing you all well!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, fabulous tutorial and the box is stunning especially the topper, its beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Sharon said...

Hi Chris, firstly, Proverbs 3v5-6 is my fave piece of scripture, and that is what I first saw when I logged onto your blog. I pray that your family's health issues will soon be something of the past and that your hubby recovers soon. My prayers are with you. Your drawer box is absolutely stunning and thanks for posting the tut, now it all makes sense to a novice like myself. Not sure I'm brave enough to attempt this though, but you never know...lol Take care, hugs from across the seas, Sharon

Jackie Randolph said...

Chris - beautiful box and thanks for posting the tutorial. I pray your family's health improves quickly and you must take care of yourself as well.

Hugs

Becky said...

Chris this is just gorgeous!!Thank you for the tutorial.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
Thank you for the tutorial for that wonderful four box set. I will give this a try.
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. It will be a worrying time no doubt but we will hold her up in prayer before the Throne of Grace. Take care.
Special Hugs,
Fiona x

Lisa Foster said...

Gorgeous Creation! Thank you for the wonderful tut! I have to try this! I just love those drawers and I can think of all sorts of goodies to put in them! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Absolutely STUNNING girl!! I've seen so many people making these and they're so adorable!! Fabulous job as always and thanks for showing us girl!! You rock!! HUGS

Dianne said...

Hi Chris, fabulous card/box. Thank you for the tutorial.

I will remember your family in my prayers.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Chris, Thanks for letting us know about your family, this is such a difficult time for you *hugs* I hope they will All get better soon.
And I REALLY enjoyed this tutorial, I hope to try it sometime soon when I have more free time, hugs ~Jeni

Unknown said...

Oh, boy, Chris. This is totally gorgoeus! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

Crystal said...

Chris this soooo gorgeous, thanks for the AWESOME tutorial I LOVE this design!!!! Amazing work as always sweetie..I hope everyone gets feeling better soon sweetie, prayers and hugs your way!!!

Danielle said...

Fantastic drawer box card Chris - and your tutorial is awesome! The image is adorable and the pretty papers and flowers work so beautifully together! I'm so sorry to hear of your family's illness - I truly hope and pray they all start to recover soon! Take care of yourself too!
Hugs, Danielle

Angelwood said...

Hi Chris! Thanks for the fantastic tutorial! I love this box you created and will try making one soon! I can only hope it's as gorgeous as yours. hugs, Angela

Dawn Edwards said...

Thanks for this lovely Tutorial. It's just fabulous! My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. Sending healing vibes to All your family.

stampinfrog said...

This is so stunning Chris!Love the papers and all the details...Fantastic turorial!
Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!Take care of yourself too!
Hugs,Connie

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh gosh sweetie! First, I'm soooo sorry everyone has been so sick! I've got you all in my prayers that everyone is back up to 100% very soon. I LOVE this box! Oh my gosh, it's so gorgeous!!!! You are so very talented! Don't you worry at all about visiting blogs! Just take care of yourself and your family. We'll all be here for you when you can return. Big hugs to you!!
Sharon

RosesMarijke said...

This is sooooo gorgeous!!

xxMarijke

Shirley N said...

Your box card is gorgeous Chris, thanks so much for the tutorial! I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on with the family. I hope everybody is on the mend by now and getting better. Take care!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Chris, this is just beautiful! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I've been wanting to make one of these for such a long time and haven't gotten around to it yet!!!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in the hopes you all make a speedy recovery!
Extra big hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Vicki G said...

Chris, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...........hoping that you all recover quickly . The box is simply GORGEOUS and I can't wait to see your tutorial........Take care of you and yours! our blogs will always be here when you have some downtime

hugs and love

Vicki

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Chris, what a couple of weeks you have been having, hope Scott is improving and Nicki is on the road to a speedy recovery, sending huge cyber hugs for you all. Loved your tutorial, another gorgeous creation! Love your new blog background and new photo too, thinking of you all, take careX:)

Danni said...

Oh Chris...hugest hugs for you and also prayers! I sure hope that you all feel better soon!!
Gorgeous, gorgeous project!! You rock!

Deb Neerman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous tutorial, Chris! TFS!

I'm sooo sorry to hear about this! Please don't worry about blog-hoppin' ... no one cares about that! Just take care of yourself and your family ... please know you and your beautiful family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending hugs!

Sarah said...

What a fab tutorial, but ending with a sad note, my best wishes sent to you and your family - health is more important so focus on that. Hugs Sarah x

Deb said...

absolutely stunning creation Chris, love it, fabulous tutorial too!
so hoping all your family recover very soon! big hugs Debx

Carol Hurlock said...

Chris-I just love this. I am going to try it for my Mother for Mother's day. She lives in CT-so this would be the perfect way to send her a gift full of jewelry trinkets. How adorable this is!!! Thanks for sharing and hope your family is doing better today. Blessings on you all!!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Karen W said...

This is just gorgeous, so elegant.

Grace said...

Chris you did a GREAT job with this tutorial! I can't wait to try it!!! I don't know how you do all you do and with a family all down with the but yet!!! I hope you are still standing and they they are getting better! Praying for you and especially for Nikki's asthma to be kept under control!!! Sending hugs and prayers hourly!!!!

Tina said...

So cute Chris, thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Maria Matter said...

Wowza!!! Fabulous Chris!!!
great tutorial too, you make it look so easy! I don't know how you do it all...you're amazing!

Sending hugs and healing thoughts your way!
Blessings, Maria

Kristine said...

This is beautiful Chris and thank you so much for sharing your tutorial with us! You and your family are continually in my prayers this week. I know things have been extremely rough for all, but you're in the loving hands of Jesus and He'll carry you through and give you strength for each day. I'm sorry I haven't been here to visit in a while. But you're never far from my thoughts.
Hugs!!
~Kris

Mary Lou said...

Chris this gorgeous and great tute!! I will have to give this a try~~sometime (LOL) My prayers go out to you and your family~~as you heard before~~ God only gives us what we can handle. We have to give it to him--our lord and savior~~Allelulia!!
Blessings for health and happiness

Lacey Stephens said...

You know, some times I feel like a dog chasing my tail...getting no where fast!! LOL I finally got the tutorial up on the store blog. Thank you SOOOOO much, hun!! It's fantastic and I can't wait to try to make one myself!! Big hugs. Hope everyone is feeling better now!
`Lacey

HazelQ said...

Nice tutorial :) Thank you for sharing these tips with us.
Hugs
Hazel

HazelQ said...

Ohh by the way, my best wishes and prayers for your family, I hope your husband can recover soon and you and your daughters can stay healthy.

Alice said...

Thanks so much for sharing this!
Alice

Nenika said...

очень красиво! Спасибо за Мастер-класс,за урок. Обязательно попробую сделать.

Anzso said...

Thank you for your description.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tutorials, thanks for sharing. I hope your family problems ease very quickly. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.