Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, July 31, 2009

Hi Everyone!! I hope you all had a great week and you are ready for the weekend. I know I am. I have a card and project using a variety of challenges to share with you today.


Inky Impressions is having their 2nd design team call. I missed the first one and decided I didn't want to miss this one too. Their images are just so adorable! You have until August 3rd to apply. When the design team call was originally posted, there was a color challenge as well (to use bayou blue, chocolate chip, purely pomegranite, and kiwi kiss). I began to make a card using their Lili's Chicks stamp using colors as close to these as possible (I substituted red since I did not have pomegranite). I colored Lili in with my prisma color pencils. I used the SFYTT sketch challenge layout for this week hosted by Jenn D. Jenn's sketches look so fun and I rarely get to participate. Thanks for this week's fun sketch Jenn!



Here is a close up of the image.



I also incorporated WT229 Supply me (using office supplies. I used a paperclip for my tag.) few of the DTGD09 challenges (DTGD09bevmom- Sew unexpected, DTGD09deborahlynnes- Taken with Texture, DTGD09becca_stamps- Cut it out with punches and dies, DTGD09lauraly- ribbon, DTGD09craftycaro- Anything but average, DTGD09blondie090277- paper tole).


After a week, the Inky Impressions blog changed how the were requesting applicants to apply to just including a favorite card and project that demonstrates your coloring skills due to time constraints. Since I used prisma colors on the top card using one of their images, I thought I would include a card using a Sarah Kay stamp which showed coloring with copics as well.



And lastly is a project I am recently working on using Inky Impressions Stamps. I am using the Lili's prayer stamp for this. My sister in law is going through a very difficult time right now and I wanted to let her know I was thinking of her so I decided I would make her a gift basket. Below I am showing just a few of the things that will be going in there that I hope will encourage her and let her know that I care.


Since we both grew up on farms and we are both Dutch, we were brought up in similar way and have a lot of the same interests. She will love that adorable image, Lili's chicks, reminding her of when she lived on the farm. The boxes and bags will be filled up with many Dutch treats that she and I love and not too many others appreciate. One of which is "Dropje" a type of Dutch licorice. (It is very hard to find. Few like it though. My kids and husband tried it and spit it out immediately. It was very funny to see their expressions! LOL! My husband calls it a "rubber tire")




We both love fairies and butterlies and I made a praying fairy with Lili's Prayer on the Box in a Bag. I added wings behind her with the Butterfly Sizzix die from SU.




In the front, is a post it note pad I made using the same stamp but this one is without wings. I colored her with copics and tried to give the jeans a faded look




Here is a close up of the projects I completed so far using the Inky Impressions stamps.





I hope you enjoyed today's post. If you are interested in learning more about the Inky Impressions DT call, click here. Thanks so much to Inky Impressions for allowing me this opportunity to apply. Good luck to everyone who applies!


Tomorrow I will be back with projects using Our Daily Bread Designs New Release. You won't want to miss all the creations that the ODBD design team will be posting with these gorgeous sets!! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!


hugs and blessings,

Chris

24 comments:

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Chris, I am sure you will ace it, your work is fabulous, all of it at any time. They will be very lucky to have you on their DT as we are to have you at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge Design Team!

Priscilla said...

Hey Chris.. you cards are FANTASTIC. I have followed your work and of course love all your creations.. They would be nuts not to pick you :) I am so lucky to be able to work with you and know what a true gem you are. Your work week after week is truely phenomenal :) good luck dear
Priscilla

Carolyn said...

OMG, Chris! Your cards are wonderful! You are one of the best, most creative card designers anywhere. I can't imagine them passing you by. What a tremendous loss on their part if they did! We are so fortunate to have you on our team and you have inspired so many people who have come to play along with us. What more could a DT want from a member? You are sweet, artistic, talented, inspiring...a real blessing for anyone lucky enough to work alongside you! Wishing you luck with your entry, but with your creations speaking for themselves, you won't need the luck.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Cris,what a beautiful creations,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Michelle said...

Oh Chris all of your cards are wonderful! I wish you luck and hope that you make the DT - you are so very talented and your work is just gorgeous!!

Sorry to hear about your SIL - Your care package will be awesome and will just have to raise her spirits!!

Becky said...

Girl, these are gorgeous, the coloring, layouts, paper and details are just stunning. And you have my vote hands down for the DT of Inky Impressions

Phyllis said...

Chris:

WOW!! You are an amazing artist and I love all of your work. I am so impressed by your creativity. Keep up the fantastic card making. I watch your blog and your SCS site for all your new creations. I think you would be an AWESOME addition to any Design Team.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Chris, I LOVE this one! I agree in that Inky Impressions would definitely do a DOUBLE TAKE on this card. The beautiful set that you have made, Oh your Sister in Law will so appreciate this. You are always so thoughtful of everyone and your work shows that you CARE! I can't wait to see your name show up on their GDT :) xox ~Jeni

Patti J said...

These are adorable! Girl, you are SO brave trying out for these DT's! I'm such a chicken! Hopefully, one day, I'll feel 'good enough' and take the jump! Best wishes to you and I just know that we will see your name on their blinkies really soon!!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow lady!! These are just gorgeous projects!! I have to say that those Sarah Kay images are some of my fav!! :) You've done a beautiful job with everything and I wish you the best of luck on the call hun!! Have a fabulous weekend!! HUGS

Crystal said...

WOW Chris, you rock girl these are awesome...such talent you have sweetie!! Wish you the BEST of luck!!! There is noway they wouldn't pick you!! Hugs!

Michelle said...

Wow!! These all are just STUNNING!!! They'd be silly not to pick you!! Good luck, & have a great weekend!

PinksyDoodles said...

Your cards are fantastic. Best of luck for the DT call.
Have a great weekend.
Clare x

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hi Chris...give me one reason why they would not choose you for their DT? I didn't think you would be able to! You know how much I adore all your beautiful creations, and I know by your constant comments from your loyal followers that others feel the same way. Your talent goes unmatched in my opinion and I don't think there is one card that you aren't able to make spectacular. You are talented, loyal and one of the sweetest ladies I have had the pleasure to work alongside, that for me is an honor. You are a constant inspiration to me not only in your card/project designs but also as a person. Have the faith in yourself that you have everything to offer a team...you do that each week with the Midnight Madness sisters....so go work your magic!
Hugs and all the best for this DT call.
Charlotte
XXXX
PS: If you have any spare dropjes....we will gladly take them!!!!!!! Hey what can I say...I'm married to a Dutch sweetie!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What wonderful cards! Great creations, all of them!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

You would be a blessing to whatever DT you are on Chris, so I can't imagine you not being picked.

Your thoughtful gift for your SIL is fabulous too. She will treasure it for sure.

And dropjes....Love them!! Might be cause I'm Dutch too. We have a guy who drives up from Southern CA every 6 weeks and sells yummy Dutch goodies. Like you mentioned, they're hard to find!!

Denise Marzec said...

These are ALL totally beautiful. I wish you the BEST of luck with the DT call. Personally, I think they'd be LUCKY to have you. I LOVE your style!

Maria Matter said...

Wonderful, every one of them! Your coloring is always right on and your eye for coordinating papers and patterns is incredible! Your cards are pure eye candy Chris....yep, I'd pick you! lol
take care, and best wishes for the DT spot!
Blessings, Maria

Cathy said...

These are great Chris!! Good luck and I always love visiting your blog for inspiration. Hugs, Cathy

Holly Young said...

Chris, these are all just darling projects. I love the colors of the Sarah Kay card and I think you're totally brilliant to put the butterfly wings on the girl and make her a fairy!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow what eye candy, love all these cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Chris, Your work is fabulous!! I love every one of these wonderful creations! I love that you added the wings to Lili, very creative and your coloring is marvelous! Thanks so much for applying to be on the Inky Impressions Design Team! Good luck! >:0)

Risa said...

All three of your cards are stunning Chris! Your coloring is awesome and the detailing rocks! Good luck with the DT call, your creations are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Rachel said...

OMGoodness these are GORGEOUS!!! i LOVE the colors you used WOW!! surely they didn't or are not letting you slip through their fingers!!
hugs,
Rachel

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.