Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Friday, April 17, 2009
Happy Friday everyone!!! Woo hoo!! It is sunny outside and I don't have to teach the girls today for homeschooling!! What is a mom going to do with all this free time!!!..... What else....but stamp!! Hee! Hee! No seriously, the schools are off this week for vacation. I decided I had to give my girls one of the six days all the other neighboring kids had off as well. My kids are so lucky to have a Mom that was a teacher and who will not sacrifice their learning for anything...Not! I do keep their best interests in mind but they don't always appreciate how hard I make them work. They will later. What are they doing on their day off? They are coloring, writing letters and making cards. Not that I want to discourage my 6 year old from writing, but I want them to enjoy the day before it goes into the 40's again next week!
Well on to my cards! Today I have two to share. (I have been late with most all of the challenges this week since I have been dealing with migraine headaches this week but amy very thankful that I was able to participate at all. ) The first is one that I made yesterday for this week's sketch challenge (SC224), Flutter By Wednesday Challenge (to use dies and have a butterfly or fairy on your card) and SSnotime82 (to have something hanging on your card) using the 1 Corinthians 13 set from Our Daily Bread Designs. The paper is from Michaels!! They have such a nice assortment now. This is My Mind's Eye 29th Market Street. The flowers are Prima mini flowers also from Michaels that I sponged with lavender to match my card. The hearts that are hanging are actually an image stamped in plum from Our Daily Bread Designs Love One Another set on Shrinky Dink Paper and shrunk in the oven to make a charm. The ribbon is an Off White satin from May Arts.


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs: 1 Corinthians 13, Love One Another (hearts for shrnky dink)

Paper: 29th Market Street from Our Mind's Eye, elegant eggplant and pale plum, ivory, shrinky dink paper

Accessories: MS Butterfly punch, May Arts Satin Ribbon, Prima Mini roses, pearl, sewing machine



The second card I made for today's Limited Supply Challenge 216 using the Mojo Monday sketch and the Color challenge (Bordering Saffron Pirouettes). I had watercolored this image last night and put the little pearls on it. I hope the challenge does not come after me for that. The challenge was to use one stamping wheel (Posies Wheel is used in pink pirouette behind the image which is very hard to see in this picture), one image (Bloomin Beautiful Blooms), one sentiment (Happy Mother's Day typed on the computer and punched out using my Ribbon tags trio from Spellbinders), and one embellishment (Brown ribbon). When I went looking for the dp to match the color challenge, I saw how difficult it was to find these colors together!! Lol! I had bought the Bella Birds paper from SU a while ago and hadn't opened it. Wow was I ever amazed to see these colors! These colors are so awesome together and I love this paper!!!! Thanks Christine for making think outside of the box or my comfort zone!!!


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Bloomin Beautiful

Paper: SU Bella Birds, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette

Accessories: American Crafts brown ribbon, Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio, MS border punch, Labels 2 nestabilities, Square nestabities, fiskars decorative corner punch, SU corners punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot and textile embossing folders


I hope you enjoyed today's post. Now for my exciting news...... Yesterday when I went to check out the Mojo Monday sketch for this week's sketch challenge I thought I would just for the fun of it look at the winners for last week's sketch challenge and look at their cards. There were so many amazing cards last week!!!!! To my utter amazement I saw the name "Chris" as one of the top 7 winners. Still oblivious, I clicked into the link to see the card and it was mine!!! Woo hoo!!! I had made the top 7. I was so surprised and honored! I kept on pinching myself for a while to see if it was real. I am so thankful and yet surprised that I won!! I loved so many of the creations there. I would not want to be the one to have to choose. LOL! Here is my creation or entry. I can't wait to pick out my Verve stampset. I have been keeping my eye on them for quite a while.


As if this excitement was not enough......I was also invited to be a part of Spiral Whisper Design Team!!! Kitty emailed me last week so I have known for a little while but is being posted on the Spiral Whisper blog today so I thought it was safe to share with you all. I am so excited to be a part of such a talented team of ladies. They have so many exciting new releases coming up that I look forward to sharing with you all!!

I want to thank everyone for visiting my blog. I started this blog right around Christmas and begun as an Our Daily Bread designs designer in January (which I love so much!! The team is so talented and they have become a very special part of my life. Thanks Kelley!!) not knowing how much fun it was going to be sharing my creations and passion and addiction with others like me. I have met so many new friends from the design teams I am now on and all you awesome bloggers and stampers out there. It has truly been a joy to see so many wonderful comments and in turn going to visit the blogs of others. My husband does not understand how I can spend hours on the computer but I truly enjoy visiting you all. There is such incredible talent out there!!!! Thanks again!



37 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, wonderful cards and full of good news too! How exciting! Congratulations.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris first I would like to say how beautiful your two cards are that you have made this last week even though you have been suffering poor hun. I love that verse it is so lovely. Secondly congratulations on your good news the win was deserved because wow what a stunning card and also becoming a member of a new DT again well deserved. I find it as enjoyable as you to visit other crafters blogs and to see the inspiration that is out there and there is certainly plenty of that on your blog which is why I love to visit.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Danni said...

Goodness!! You ROCK!!
First, sorry about the migraine~I've been dealing with a headache all week too.
Second, simply gorgeous creations!! Love them!
Third, yay for coming in the top 10!
and Congrats on the new DT!!

Nicola said...

Your cards are all stunning Chris, I love each and every one. Congratulations on making the TOP 7 ... I am not surprised as this particular card is pure luxury - many congrats for your new DT position too.
Enjoy a wonderful weekend. -x-

Angella D. Crockett said...

Chris, I just love you to death!!! You are honestly one of the sweetest gals I have ever met!!! Your heart is the size of the Grand Canyon! Congrats on all of your exciting news! You are sooooo deserving of every blessing you receive!!!
Love ya!
Angella

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Chris, Congratulations on all your achievements, they are so well deserved! Your cards are just gorgeous and I am not surprised that you are in high demand right now!!! Way to go. Thank you for your kind words on my blog and I will take your advice and try some challenges. I will keep checking back to see more of your beautiful designs.
Have fun with the girls whilst they are off from home school!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Jodi said...

wow!! These are absolutely gorgeous cards! You have been very busy! I love all of them, and the colors that you used to match on each card. Great use of your embellishments too.
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Stef H said...

Oh my goodness! All this news! My face hurts I'm smiling so much! Way to go, girlfriend! And well deserved. CONGRATS big time - and a hug too!

The cards are gorgeous. I just love the pink & brown one!

Hugs,

Connie M. said...

Wow, Chris! All your cards are stunningly beautiful!! Congrats on your win too!

Danielle said...

Gorgeous cards Chris, as always! And congrats on your Mojo Monday win, how exciting, and some free Verve stamps to boot!! :)
Hugs, Danielle

Cheryl Walker said...

OMGosh hun these are soooo sooo very Beautiful!!!!! I know the feeling on not being able to do the challenges. I do hope you are feeling better soon. Im still waiting on my news to see what im having allergies to. I havent been feeling so hot either, so its nice when you can craft. Lucky you :) Now I need to catch up on some of the challenges that ive missed as well!!!


Love all the details on all 3 of them you did an AWESOME job!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Cheryl said...

Two beautiful cards,my favourite is the second one such a beautiful stamp and gorgeous colours!!! Congratualations on winning a Verve stamp set!
xx

Kathy Jones said...

THUD and THUD AGAIN!!! My goodness Chris these are both extraordinary!!!! I love the colours and all the devine details you put into your cards!!! Sorry about the migraines and hope you are feeling better now. Congrats on the Mojo win!!!! Not at all surprised your card was perfect in every way!! Congrats on the Sprial Whisper DT role --- so much good news for you and you deserve every bit of it!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Firstly, your cards posted here are just divine. Especially these last couple I have had the pleasure to view!

Secondly...congratulations on your win with Mojo Monday and being invited onto a DT! Well done.

Thirdly...I salute you. I am an ex teacher as is my DH, but no way as I homeschooling my two. Hoemschool educators are extra special in my books!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cards! Congrats on the win.

Nancy said...

You must be on cloud nine!! What awesome news, and your card totally deserved to win! You did an amazing job on all of the cards in this post! Congratulations!!

Kelley said...

Congrats, Chris! All the cards are so beautiful!

Astrid said...

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on the win and the DT!

Your cards are gorgeous and I love all the details you put in these:-)
Have a nice weekend.

Astrid:-)

Ann Kranitz said...

Hip Hip Hurray on all your fun news!! Your work is GORGEOUS!! Love it!!

Michelle said...

Wow, what an uplifting post!! Great cards.....great news....woohooooo way to start your weekend!! Congrats, my friend, you deserve it!!

Jacquel said...

Awesome card Chris! Congrats on being the top 7 and congrats on the DT!!!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful cards! Congratulations!

Michelle said...

Holy COW you are amazing!! SOrry to hear about the migraines - I feel for you as I suffer from them too and they suck! Each of the cards you created are absolutely beautiful! I ADORE those roses on the first card - so elegant! Love all the details to your cards!

Lorelie Kim said...

Congratulations on your Mojo, Chris!! You deserve all the recognition because your work is simply wonderful! AND enjoy your time with Spiral Whisper and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful cards all around and HUGE CONGRATS for the DT and the win. You totally deserve it. I LOVE your work!!

Angel said...

Oh, Chris! I am so happy for you on the new DT position and for the Verve winnings. It couldn't have happened to a sweeter designer! YOU are amazing and such an inspiration! Hope your headaches are better too!

Angel said...

OH... almost forgot. LOVE LOVE LOVE these creations! Gorgeous cards!

Jenny Gropp said...

Congrats! Isn't a thrill to see your name pop up like that!!!! Too fun!
These cards are outstanding. You do wonderful work! Signing up to follow your blog so I can see what comes next!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Chris, I've nominated you for a pretty blog award over on my blog. :) Hope you are having a nice weekend. Michelle

Maria Matter said...

Hi Chris!
Your cards are stunning!!! Your blog is filled with gorgeous makes and so much inspiration!
I've been blog hopping today...it seems I keep finding fellow homeschoolers, didn't realize there were so many homeschooling stampers!!!
Nice "meeting" you!
take care,
Blessings, Maria

loretta said...

Stunning!

Carin said...

Beautiful creations & congrats on the top 7... I just love the Verve stamps too.

Also, thanks for the very sweet comment on my blog... it made my day! I think you can follow my blog (if you still want to) by clicking at the very top where it says "Follow Blog" I just did that for your blog too!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! WOOT! WOOT!!! Congrats to you girl!! You are an amazing artist!! Love your creations and these here are just more proof of that!! Gorgeous!!!!

Crystal said...

Wow these cards are gorgeous, so many details...sooo pretty! Congrats girl that is sooo exciting!!!

Janna said...

Chris what a wonderful mom and teacher you are to give the kids a break! They definitely need it every once in awhile and they will appreciate it as they get older!!! But these cards!!!man they are killer! I mean so stunning! They should be framed! I love the way you did the frame and the flowers on teh first card but the second with those hydrangeas is so, so gorgeous!!!! Wow! It is amazing!!!! I love the layout and coloring! And a huge congrats on the Sprial Whisper DT and the winning of Mojo Monday! I have to honest I am not surprised! You are amazingly talented!!!

Smiles,
janna

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card! WOW!! You have amazing talent!

Shirley said...

All three cards are just lovely. The first one is so elegant with the verse, design and the roses, the second is just as elegant and I love how your did the flowers too! The third one is just so sweet, adorable and pretty too!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.