Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, October 23, 2011
Happy Sunday All!! I hope you are all enjoying the weekend!!  It has really changed a lot in a week's time from summer to very cool Fall days.  The leaves are colored but many are dried up and dropping due to the rain and wind.


Today it is time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge.  This week's hostess is the sweet and talented Marilynn!!

Marilynn has chose the verse: 
Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens...



This verse seems very appropriate for what my family and I are currently going through. For two years, we have felt God was calling us elsewhere and that He had a different plan for us.  At Easter this past year, we felt we should act on that call and beginning looking for employment for my husband in Virginia, close to where his brother lives.  When we began looking, we thought we were just looking for opportunities or if there was any employment, not a real position or job at this point.  We went to three different companies.  The third company Scott felt was a long shot but he wanted to apply anyway.  The first day we went there, it was Easter Monday and most of the employees were on vacation.  We were asked to come the following day (the day we were to be going our 500 mile trip home) since the secretary who had the applications was not in.  As we left me in laws, we went to one more company to apply and then went a round about way to apply to the company he was to apply at last (the long shot!) since I had wanted to check out a house.  These delays were meant to be.  By the time we got there, the supervisors and bosses were coming in.  By God's grace, Scott had the opportunity to be sought out and talked to by one of them.  It then became a formal interview with all the president and vice president of the company (an hour and 45 minute long interview, while my girls and I sat in the car ready for our trip home).  Scott felt that God was calling him to this company after that interview and within less than 2 weeks there was a salary and benefit package offered to him.  While it is hard to leave this beautiful home we now live in and leave everything familiar, God has prepared us to follow His calling, although difficult.  We will be leaving parents and siblings behind (but thank God we will have a sibling and his family to go near as well as an aunt and an uncle).  With all this in mind, for the last 5 months we have been trying to sell our home and relocate.  It has been a lot of ups and downs...we almost had a contract but then they were not approved for a loan.  Anyone who has tried to sell a house knows what I am talking about...especially during these awful economic times (But God can do all things...With Him all things are possible). Throughout the process, we have been praying that God's will be done and not ours.  While the timing seems right to us, it is not God's yet...maybe next week...or the next....All in God's time.  I have to admit my faith and trust in Him has become stronger.  There are some circumstances in our lives that we have no control over.  At times like these, you learn that you are not in control of your destiny, God is.  All our circumstances or the events in our lives, have a purpose. These events help us grow and to have a better relationship with Him!




Marilynn's challenge: 

Make a card that shows the passing of time. A clock ( for hours) a sun (for days) a calendar for (years) etc.


Here is my take on the challenge using the Elegant Oval Frames, Faith, and Scripture Collection 1 stampsets from Our Daily Bread Designs.  The designer paper is My Minds Eye Lost and Found. I have two dry embossed panels behind my flowers but it may be less noticeable with my leaf detail (top right). The clock piece is part of a chain of clocks I found at AC Moore and I took a part.  The flowers are old paper flowers that I crumpled, sponged in soft sky, and recycled to make layered flowers. I stitched around the edge and added some lace (given to me by a friend) and some pearl strands (also given to me by a friend).  I was trying to create a elegant yet vintage flair to my creation.  Not sure if I really accomplished this or not.

I hope you enjoyed my creation.

Be sure to check out  Linda's devotional on the SSIC Blog, as I know you'll be blessed!

For more inspiration please visit my DT Sisters:
 Grace,  LindaLisa, MiesjeRebecca,PeggysueKris,  Marilynn,  and
 Traci



Challenges I am entering my creation in: 
Inspire Me Fridays - always anything goesCrafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - at least one metal embellishment (metal clock charm from bracelet),
Totally Papercrafts - layer upon layer,  Moving Along With The Times - VintageShelly's Images -  Anything Goes,   My Time To Craft - Punches & Dies,  Sweet Stamps - Lots of Layers,Emerald Faerie Garden -Flowers, Flowers and Flowers
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge  - Lace



Thanks for stopping by and for all your comments!! They are greatly appreciated!!

Have a great day!!

Blessings,


39 comments:

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Chris, I love the colours you've used and the clock is lovely
hugs Mandy xx

Kerrie said...

Beautiful card, and wonder clock sets the card...

Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris! You flowers, flourishes, lace and that clock are all beautiful and you used the perfect verse! Love it! Have a great Sunday!!!
hugs,
Grace

Eva Helen said...

Very Beautiful card!

Hug from Eva Helen

Angela said...

Oh my how beautiful this is Chris! I love the sentiment and the gorgeous diecut arrangement your used to embellish. The string of beads and the watch really give this card a vintage look. Absolutely gorgeous! hugs, Angela

Miesje said...

Not sure if you accomplished it? WOWS - that is an amazing card - love every old and new part of it! Thanks for sharing. I know the roller coaster ride called life has had you in a spin. God does have a plan - and everyone is on their own roller coaster. Those of us who trust and have faith know that we do not ride alone - ever!

Have a good week Chris!

Dawnll said...

This is so beautiful! I think you got it.
Sending you lots of positive energy and prayers that what will happen work for your whole family.
I admire your belief and strength-sometimes my patience gets the better of me, and I will falter.

Tammy said...

WOW this creation is GORGEOUS Chris! I love the colors and that fabulous clock!!!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Chris. Thanks for sharing how God is working in your lives, I will keep you all in my prayers. Hugs~Diane

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Chris...the flowers are beautiful, great find with the clock parts.Love the sentiment and the pearl drops at the bottom...beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Louise said...

Oh Chris!
This is so beautiful! I love the sentiment and your gorgeous layout. Loads of pretty details that are just so Chrissy type. Amazing!

I miss you :)
Hope you are doing well, sweetie :)
Hugs

MariLynn said...

Thanks for sharing what God has been doing in your life. Definitely God's timing is the best! I love the little clock piece and those pearls Timeless elegance!!! Have a blessed week!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful Sandra H

dolcreations said...

I can't believe with all you are going through you can create such beauty....wow...the card is so appropriate I think. You make the most beautiful cards. Your layout and colours are stunning.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Chris,
Loved reading your little message on what the Lord has been doing in your life. God's timing is so perfect.
Your card is gorgeous. I love the drop pearls at the bottom of your card. the lace border down the side is beautiful and those flowers are gorgeous.
The time piece finishes the card off nicely.
thank you for commenting on my blog. It means a lot.
Hugs Maz

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally gorgeous card Chris! This is a fabbo design and take on the challenge...hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous! And it took me back in time a bit to read your thoughts on waiting on God's direction and his perfect timing for a move. It is nerve wracking to wait, but better to be on His time than our own. Praying for you to really know His will in this.

Melodie said...

Unfortunately, I have not understood from your text a lot, my English is too bad.
But I find Your card great, the wonderful colors and the affectionate details.
Hugs
Melodie

Merlyn said...

OMG!!! This is awesome ..Elegant card..I love everything used in this card..Lovely card..No words to say:) Gorgeous:)
I love it to the core..

http://merlyn-fineartgallery.blogspot.com

velta said...

Hi Chris ~ You have hit home with your story...I am praying that all goes well with you and yours. I too am going through the same problem...and I have faith that God will help me and get me through this...Your card is, as always, beautiful. Your artwork has always been elegant and I love to see your posts...Thank you for sharing and I wish you all the best!

Kerri said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous, Chris! I will continue to pray for your family. Sending big hugs, woman:)

Kim Dellow said...

Very pretty Chris! Kim

Kristine said...

Such a GORGEOUS card once again Chris!! love the soft calming colors... symbolic of being calm and patient as you wait on the Lord! And that li'l clock charm is perfect here. Keep trusting in Him for all things... His timing is always perfect!!
Hugs,
Kris

Deloris said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions.

Anonymous said...

Hello friend!! WOW!!! So stunning Chris!! The clock charm is the perfect idea for this challenge! Beautifully done my dear! :)

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Chris! Great design and sentiment. The flowers are stunning and I love the little clock! Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT Challenge this week
Hugs Sue xx

Crystal said...

OOOOWEE Chris this is BEAUTIFUL I sooooo love that clock you added sooooo pretty girly!! And those flowers and these colors are GORGEOUS!!! Such a beauty gf!!!

Anonymous said...

Wowzer Chris!! Beautiful!! Love the flowers you created and the added clock!
hugs,
Marty

Lesley said...

Wow beautiful card! I love all the details! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Carolyn said...

I love your project, and I loved reading your story. You have such a way of putting things into perspective. I appreciated hearing that right now since we are going through much of the same things. I will continue to pray for you and your family as you are all patiently awaiting God's preparing of your new life for you.
Stay in touch.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Liz said...

Lovely card. Thanks for Joining us this week at C4E.
Liz

pinky said...

Chris you are such an inspiration. I enjoyed ready your journey story and what a great outcome. Your house will be sold, as you say, when the time is right. Your beautiful card is amazing, love all the carefully placed embellishments. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Anne Fenton said...

Beautiful card...love your colors..thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week.

DesignerDiva said...

Stunning card as always from you Chris such beautiful details and your post was very moving, I'm sure your house will sell soon, it's meant to be.
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

Sue said...

Hi Chris
a beautiful card, gorgeous embelies & design, i hope the move & new job all go well, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, sue,x

Pami said...

Such a gorgeous card Chris, wonderful colours, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck. Pami x

downrightcrafty said...

wow a gorgeous creation and fabulous flowers thank you for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Chris,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.