Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, October 9, 2011
Happy Sunday All!! I hope you are all enjoying the weekend!!  The weather is beautiful here.  Feels like summer!!

Today it is time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge.  This week's hostess is the sweet and talented Lovely Linda!!

Linda has chose the verse:
Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. 

How many people do you know who have cancer or are being treated for some sort of illness.   When we think of them being healed, do we think of the treatments who are doing the healing or the doctors or God?  Some of the most difficult times and struggles in life can't be fixed by humans.  Only God can!!The world economy...the USA economy...the morals of our country and how our country is rejecting God can be fixed by God and not man alone.  We are too small...we are his tools.

Linda's challenge: Anything Goes!!

Here is my take on the challenge using the Joy Tree image from Our Daily Bread Designs.  The image/sentiment was stamped in distressed green (Tim Holtz).  The panel was sewn in gold to create a decorative edge.  The ribbon is dyed olive green seam binding from my dear friend Sabrina (thanks Sabrina!).  The designer paper is Basic Grey Boxer. The ornaments are K&Co. stickers that I have had in my stash for a loooooong time. The ecru lace is from Joann's. The other green lace is May Arts and it is from my dear friend Ann Vento (thanks Ann!)





I hope you enjoyed my creation.

Be sure to check out  Linda's devotional on the SSIC Blog, as I know you'll be blessed!

For more inspiration please visit my DT Sisters:
 Grace,  LindaLisa, MiesjeRebecca,PeggysueKris,  Marilynn,  and
 Traci


Challenges I am entering my creation in:
Just Some Lines Reminds me of a song ( reminds me of O Christmas Tree)Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps -  #99 Sparkle and ShineLittle Claire's   #14 ChristmasOne Stop Craft - #152 Anything goesSecret Crafter - #155 Anything goes as long as it sparkles Bah Humbug - must be Christmas - glitter & glitzCrafty Ann's -  inspired by any Christmas songInspire Me Fridays - always anything goesJust Add Ink - add a die cut (corners) Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes With A Twist: "Ribbon"Anything Goes - Die Cuts/Punches Or Both (corners)Papertake - Anything GoesSimon Says Stamp - Sparkle And BlingPenny's Paper - Anything GoesSimply Create -use something older than 6 months (ornament stickers)Floweret - ChristmasSweet Stampin - In stitches4 Crafty Chicks - Monochromatic Crafty Purple Frog - Lots of LayersThere's Magic in the Air Go Green
 


Thanks for stopping by and for all your comments!! They are greatly appreciated!!

Have a great day!!

Blessings,



48 comments:

Miesje said...

This is beautiful Chris. I love the colors and have been coveting that stamp over at ODBD. It is in my cart....I like what you shared - cancer is not nice and neither is the treatment! God does have it all in His hands, for that I am very thankful! Have a good week!

Stressed Stamper said...

blowing a gale here . Stunning card - love the choice of green used..works really well
Hugs
Sarah x

Becky said...

It is like Summer here in RI also :)
Gorgeous card Cris, loving the colors.
Hugs :)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Anything goes as long as it sparkles" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining our "Reminds Me of a Song" challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Chris,love the colours and layout...Really enjoyed reading your post and your words are so very true....Take care...
Mandy x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love those cute little ornaments. I think I need to pick up this stamp for the holidays! hugs, Angela

earthspirit927 said...

what a fabulous card:) I love your color choices. Thank you for Joining us for Anything goes with a Twist at Craft your Passion Challenges. Good Luck and Have a great week:)

Melissa

expressionwithearthspirit.blogspot.com

Lagene said...

GORGEOUS card! I love the rich greens and sparkle! I love the creativity God has blessed you with!

Holly Young said...

This is such a lovely card, and I love the verse. Beautiful colors and lace Chris.

iReneM said...

Another gorgeous creation, Chris.
Thanks for playing again at Crafty Ann's
x

Dawnll said...

Beautiful verse and that design is so rich! Love the sharing of faith.

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the pearls and that big crinkly bow.

Anonymous said...

So very stunning Chris!! I love the sentiment and your pretty design!! :) Thanks for sharing!! Smiles and hugs

Louise said...

This is stunning - I love the lace and the colour combo!
Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claires x

Tina said...

lovely colors and amazing details..very pretty song...thanks for joining us at just some lines saturday challenge

Tina
DT

Sandra H said...

Wow this is so beautiful:) Sandra H

Deb said...

your card is so beautiful Chris, love that tree stamp!
hope you are having a great weekend, Debxx

Nicki Olsen said...

Wow Mom!! This card is stunning!! I love the green and the ODBD Christmas tree stammp with some of the lyrics for Joy to the World is amazing!! The ornaments are so cool!!
Hugs,
Nicki

Traci M said...

I am so in awe of this card...this is my favorite stamp at ODBD this release, and you have made a gorgeous creation with it!! Love the monochromatic embellishments as well!

Kristine said...

This is so beautiful Chris! I love the monochromatic *Ü* Have a wonderful week!

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS,what a fabulous image and sentiment.....love that colour green too!!!
Hugs xx

Jennipher said...

Wow Chris, this is just fabulous! I don't know where to begin. Love it all.

Marjo said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at Simply Create.

xoxo Marjo

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely fabulous Chris, thank you for joining us again at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jen said...

Love your colour choice, this is another stunning card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

Unknown said...

So nice and green card, love green so this was a card that was just my cup of tea! Happy to se that you have joined the challenge this month at Floweret challenge blog!

Ginny said...

simply GORGEOUS!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card, Chris...the colors are sooo rich and dramatic and I love the large sentiment layer at an angle!!!!

Grace said...

Hi Chris! I'm FINALLY home! What an exhausting 4 days! LOVE your beautiful green shades with this pretty Joy tree! Love the addition of the ornaments and the gorgeous bow! I think I need to sleep around the clock once to try to catch up but anyway..... it was fun but my body was about worn out!!! TTYS!
hugs,
Grace

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Hi Chris! It definitely has felt like summer! I am trying to enjoy it while it lasts.
Wonderful creation - so many details, which I think of as your trademark. I flipped thru to get caught up on your blog and there are so many beauties out there. You never fail to impress!!!

Natali said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Love your Colour and details.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` this time and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

Zoe said...

I love your card Chris the layout and co-ordination are fab, thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin, hugs Zoe x

Tamie said...

Stunning layout and the sentiment is just wonderful. Love the colors you chose for your monochromatic card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

tiggertastic said...

stunning colours and layering on your make
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful Xmas card! I love the message and the colors!

Lori Turner said...

GORGEOUS card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris~

Beautiful card! I love that stamp...it is so unique, and wonderful. You sure gave it a wonderful place on that card...with all of those beautiful embellishments! I love the seam-binding, especially combined with lace...it is gorgeous! And, I like the ornaments...a great addition. Isn't it great how we can find treasures in old goodies?

I love what you wrote. I know that if I am to be healed...He is the one to do it! Either through the doctors I see, or through a miracle with Him alone. I haven't given up hope. I hope others won't either. Thank you for the reminder...and a glimpse of that beautiful green card!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

This is so beautiful.

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Oopppsss. I accidentially clicked the post button befor i finished commenting, lol. I was going to say that i love the colours and that verse. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs...Mona

Karen Wilson said...

Chris, this is stunning!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Chris this is GORGEOUS!~

Wishcraft said...

Beautiful card. Lovely colour and so many gorgeous details! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Lisa x

Debbie said...

This is soooo gorgeous!! That stamp is wonderful! All the textures are beautiful!!

http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

SOOOO Beautiful GF all your deets are amazing and I SOOO LOVE that lace!!!! big hugs!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh Chris this is astounding, the greens are fabulous!

Cheryl said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the monochrome green and the focus on the sentiment.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.