Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Hello Friends!! I hope all is well with you all!!  Well we are already more than a week into November and winter is certainly on its way with the colder temperatures.  Soon it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas.  With preparing for craft shows and etc I am not near ready.  

Today I would like to share a Christmas card with you today for this week's Shining the Light challenge which is to create a holiday card.

For my card I used the Sparkling Star dies, Flourished Star pattern die, Come let us adore Him stamps, His Birth and the ODBD Christmas Paper Collection 2014 for Our Daily Bread Designs. The sentiment is stamped on the Antique Labels and Border dies   layered on Majestic Labels 25 (Spellbinders). I even had fun sewing around the edges.



This sentiment is based on Matthew 2 1- 2

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

The Christmas story is one I can hear over and over again. It brings such joy and amazement.  Of course we have created different interpretations.  There is no number mentioned in the Bible how many wisemen there were or who these kings really were.  These men were said to be astrologers who studied stars and the God created a star that was different and attracted the attention of the people to let them know it was a special event.  What a special event...A Savior has been born

 I hope you have enjoyed my take on the inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoy my creation!! For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters: Cheryl ScrivensDJ RantsDiana NyugenRobin ClendenningLinda Carson, and Elizabeth Whisson.

To see all the challenge in one place, click here.  You have until November 18,  join in. We would love to see your creations!!


Blessings,

Chris

11 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, this is a gorgeous card! I totally LOVE your colors (our favorites), and your used of these beautiful dies always delights me to no end!! I love how you've sponged to lighter blue and even stitched to make it even more special! Stunning card, my friend, and what a wonderful Scripture devotional about Christmas, the most wonderful time as we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus! Hugs, sweet friend!

DJ Rants said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! What an outstanding use of layers, every one looks so sumptuous, with this beautiful paper peeking out of the background, it's a truly beautiful creation!!

Diana Nguyen said...

Gorgeous framing of a wonderful verse that points us to the real reason for the season! Love all the swirls and stars!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh wow Chris! This is just gorgeous with every detail! Love your dies and the nice embossing you achieved on them. Love the scrollies, the stars, the sewing, the bg paper! WOWZERS! Just really love it all!

Becky said...

wow Chris, this is gorgeous! Beautiful colors & layers.

Sandra H said...

Oh what a beautiful card xx

Grace said...

Oh this is so beautiful Chris! I love the colors and all the many details you've added! The flourishes and added stitching are sooo pretty!!! Beautiful reminder of this special time of year that we celebrate the greatest gift ever given!

Linda Carson said...

Quite a stunning beauty Chris! Love the different shades of blues and each beautiful layer of design! I salute your stitching so close to the edges.....excellent, excellent!

Bonnie said...

This is exquisite! I have so enjoyed peeking at your blog! I'll be back!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely stunning, Chris--LOVE it!

Alshandra said...

Beautiful Card Chris. I love the colours and layout and the swirly fancy foliage aroud the edge of the sentiment.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.