Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, November 19, 2012
Happy Monday Friends!! I hope all are doing well and had a great weekend!!  I am limited on what I can do since I am still not able to be on my feet.  Nothing like relying on others to run errands or do what I need.  Makes you thankful for the health and strength you so often take for granted.

Anywho....today the team at Our Daily Bread Designs is doing a feature on the Elegant Oval Frames Die and some of the coordinating stamps for this week's Feature Focus at the ODBD blog.

For my creation I used the Elegant Oval dies, the Elegant Oval Frame stamps, and the Cardinal Ornaments to make a Christmas card.  I stamped my frame in real red then cut out the middle with the Petite small and large ovals from Spellbinders.  The cardinal is cut out with copics and was cut out.  (Hint: don't use the 120 lb. cardstock for cutting out images with a lot of fussy/fancy cutting)


Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs- Elegant Oval Frames, Cardinal Ornament
Dies: Large and small Petite oval dies, Elegant Oval Die from ODBD, A2 Matting Basics a and b, A-2 Polka Dots, Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish,  Petite small and large ovals from Spellbinders.
Paper: Neenah White, Read Red
Ink: Black Memento, Real Red, Copics
Accessories: sheer white ribbon, Bow Easy, Swiss Dots Embossing folder



Here are the ODBD products I used:










Thanks for stopping by today!!


I hope this creation, has somehow inspired you!  For more inspiration using the Elegant Ovals dies at ODBD and some of the coordinating stamps, please visit:


Have a blessed Day!!!


hugs and blessings,


challenges I am entering my creation in:
Word Art Wednesday- Anything GoesCorrosive Challenges  Flutter by (wings) Glitter n Sparkle - Lots of Layers Penny Black and More -  Any Die will Do Little Claire's  -ChristmasBloggers - Birds of a Feather
Fairy Tale - EmbossingStamp Man - emboss itJust Keep on Creating -  Christmas The Crafty Pad Christmas Make it Monday- Anything Goes

25 comments:

Sherry Kushibab said...

I'm a little partial to Cardinals (usually the baseball playing type, but the birds as well)....your card is just lovely, just fabulous the way you have layered the frames and dies. Love the bow and fanciful flourish, a nice finished look.

Sandra H said...

Chris your card is so beautiful x

Patti J said...

Goodness, Chris - you are amazing! What a beautiful creation, my friend. I'm a bit partial to Cardinal's, being a Missouri gal! Take care of yourself - sending you hugs and blessings...

Angella D. Crockett said...

Chris, your card is amazing!!! Such a clever design and gorgeous details! Great cut job, wow!! Thanks so much for helping out with a sample! Mwaaaah!!!

PashaCou said...

I saw this card in the newsletter and it brought tears to my eyes. This card is simply the most beautiful card I have ever seen!! Whoever recieves it will be so fortunate, I hope they enjoy it.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Hugs,

coldwaters2 said...

Wowww Chris this is stunning, the colours and that beautiful image just pop, the die cuts look terrific an awesome card.
hugs
lorraine x

Grace said...

What a great idea to put the cardinal in this frame Chris! I just love this card... it's absolutely stunning!!!! I love every detail, and I simply HAVE to get this die! :)

hugs,
Grace

Unknown said...

I think I am close to drooling. What a beautiful card. Such detail, color, shape, layout. I love Cardinals and I am so thankful you shared it with us.
Psalm 103 Blessings
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Dawnll said...

This is so beautiful!I just love cardinals and your wonderful design.
Take care of yourself sweetie
Hugs

kathi17 said...

This is beautiful Chris. That's one of my favorite dies of all, and I love all the dimension in your card. I also like embossing behind, it looks like snow!

Wow, all that cutting is amazing, but it paid off, the cardinal looks so beautiful in the center.

Ellibelle said...

Such a gorgeous card Chris. Love all those dies used, and the image is beautiful.
Thanks so much for sharing at penny black and more!

Karen Letchworth said...

Well, once again, Chris - you've managed to bless my heart far beyond your card. We had some DEAR Christian friends visit this weekend whom we haven't seen since they moved away 6 years ago, and she was just talking with me about the cardinals visiting her yard this time of year, and how they held their heads. They left earlier today, and as soon as I saw this - it was just like a reminder to me that God is watching over them until they're safely home. (I've been praying all night, and in fact I couldn't sleep - it's now 2 am) My friend, Noni, is a gift from God (as is her family) and I just needed this right now, so thank you SO much for sharing what God laid on your heart. It really blessed me.
The card itself is just beautiful; so rich and elegant. Thank you for sharing in our challenge, and for being the constant blessing you are!
I appreciate your participation, and your heart for the Lord. He obviously used you to be an instrument of His love and comfort.
Hugs,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

ScrappySandie said...

This is such a beautiful card, Chris! I love the bright red, white and green AND all the layering AND your wonderful fussy-cutting!
Sandie

Nicki Olsen said...

This card is stunning Mom!! I love the beautiful cardinal, colors, and the beautiful punching!!Love you!!
Hugs,
Nicki

Toni Herron said...

oh wow... this is stunning! Very eye catching too! Love the bold colours, perfect!
Thanks for joining in with us at Glitter n Sparkle this week..
Toni - DT

Traci M said...

Hi Chris! Your card is so gorgeous...I love the multiple framing and rich colors! Stunning photography too! Hope you are up and feeling better soon!

Gemiel said...

What a beautiful card Chris! Love the red cardinal. You did an awesome job with the fussy cutting. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Hope you're feeling better soon. Blessings!

brenda said...

Such an eye-catching creation Chris and a lovely traditional Christmas feel to it as well.

Thanks so much joining in our Any Die Will Do theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

B x

Shirley said...

What can I say Chris? Another of your amazing creations. Thank you so much for sharing your delightful card with us at Penny Black and More.
Good luck in our prize draw and we hope you will join us again next month.

Shirley

Conniecrafter said...

So Beautiful, lovely framing of the bird!!

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

such a fab image love the layers thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

Kelley said...

LOVE this! So cool!

Sandy said...

Just beautiful, love the layers and the gorgeous bird too. Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs, Sandy

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card. I do love Spellbinders:)

Anonymous said...

Your style is unique compared to other folks I've read stuff from. Thank you for doing this.
Free Background Check or [url=http://www.freebackgroundcheck.info ] Free Background Check[/url]

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.