Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Monday, March 16, 2009
It's a celebrations!!! You may be celebrating Saint Patrick's Day, but we are celebrating the One year Anniversary of Our Daily Bread Designs!!! It was one year ago today that Kelley Holland, the owner of ODBD, opened her doors and began this adventure. What a fun adventure it has been! A year later, Kelley offers much more than inspirational stamps, but a great line of accessories as well, including shimmerz, glimmermist, ornare piercing templates, Memory Box, Basic Grey and SEI papers, and even pearls!!

Thanks for stopping in on your way through our first Blog Hop!! If you didn't know about our blog hop and landed here by chance, there are goodies for you along the way and it's important to hit the blogs in the order of the Hop. You'll want to start out with Dina at Mama Dini's Stamperia. If you followed me here from Amy at Pickled Paper Designs, then you are at the right place! There is blog candy along the way and even I don't know where it is, so be sure to start at the beginning of the Hop so you don't miss it!!


For a special grand prize, we are playing "Scripture Scramble!" Each blog has one or two words that you can collect at each stop and put together to make a scripture verse (NIV edition). Once you have collected all the words, send the verse in the correct order, along with the scripture reference by EMAIL to our DT Coordinator, Judy Rozema, at lidarosaroz@gmail.com. Correct entries wil be put into a hat and the Grand Prize winner will receive a set of their choosing from Our Daily Bread Designs and a selection of cards made especially for this celebration by some of the Bread Basket (aka Design Team members). How cool is that?!! Entries must be received by midnight CST on March 19th.


Here is my scripture Scramble word: poverty


Speaking of scriptures, today is the release of two new scripture sets: Design Team Scripture Collections 1 and 2.. Each of the design team members chose a verse that is special to them and Kelley made it into special anniversary sets that are available for purchase today!!! Here is my cards and framed verse:














The verse I chose is Proverbs 3:5,6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." It is special to me because this is the verse that my mother in law and I often quoted to eachother when hards time hit especially in her hard battle with cancer. Even when she knew she was only going to be here on this earth for a short time longer, she lived this verse among the seizures, surgeries and treatments. When I run into an obstacle in my life, even nine years later after my dearest friend and mother has passed, this is the verse I turn to. There are times when we don't understand but God does.

This verse can be found in the Design Team Collection 2 stampset. The first card features Basic Grey Porcelain Prints DP, pearls and the Design Team Scripture Collection 2 all available at ODBD. Many of the items on the 2nd card were made using materials from Our Daily Bread Designs new line of products, as well, including the Ornare piercing template that I used for piercing, the glimmermist I used on the chipboard, and the heart pearls. The layout on the 2nd card is for the CPS107 challenge. This week Our Daily Bread Designs is their featured sponsor. Today their design team is also featuring Our Daily Bread Designs new sets!


Now, to continue on, next you'll be visiting Angella at Body, Mind, Spirit, and Stamps. Wait until you see what she has to show you. Her creations are always over the top! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I hope you enjoy the blog hop. Thanks for your comments! I really enjoy reading them!!

42 comments:

Juliana said...

LOVELY projects!! This was the first scripture I ever memorized (in college--good one for that time in life).

I love the warm colors of the card--and the delicate softness of your framed verse!!

Jami said...

Such a beautiful scripture. I love how you framed it and stamped the flowers around it!

Dawn said...

beautiful samples and so special for you too, thank you

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful projects - that verse is just so comforting - how wonderful that you have that great sharing memory of your dear MIL!

StampinCathy said...

Happy St Patty's Day!
Wow your projects are just stunning. Lovin all the creative and inspiring eye candy along the blog hop. Thanks for the inspiring MOJO!

Jane Wetzel said...

So pretty Chris...your details amaze me!!

Betty Wright said...

Chris, both are lovely. The framed scripture is just a wonderful art piece to either keep or give. Wonderful work!!! Blessings to you and yours!!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful Chris.....absolutely beautiful!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a beautiful card. Wonderful scripture as well.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

JenMarie said...

Lovely creations!

Judy Rozema said...

Love them both, Chris - but the frame is so special and neat!

Jeannie said...

Beautiful Chrissie! Love them both! (p.s. Notice how I'm leaving a comment! LOL!) Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful both of them. Love the verse as well. Phyllis M.

kadie said...

Beautiful creations!

Amy Sheffer said...

Great verse choice, Chris! Both projects are gorgeous, as always, and showcase the verse so beautifully!

Lorelie Kim said...

Your work and contribution to ODBD has been fantastic!! Love your card with your chosen scripture, especially the centers of your flowers!!

nancy said...

Thank you Chris, for selecting one of my life verses as your scripture stamp! I can't tell you how many times I've written this in cards and now, thanks to you & Kelley, I can just use my wonderful stamp :) !! Your projects are beautiful...nicely done. hugs, nancy

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Oh Chris! Your story about why this verse is so special to you brought a tear to my eye! It sounds like your Mother in Law was an amazing woman...and what a wonderful legacy of faith she has left you!
Your card and frame are both so beautiful!! This verse is very special to me as well...and I know I will use this a lot!
Hugs,
Laurie

Connie M. said...

Your cards are so very pretty! Love them all!

Christi Flores said...

What an awesome story about why this verse is so special. Wow... Everything is gorgeous!!!

hobbydiva said...

Beautiful work! This scripture speaks right to my heart. I will have to memorize it!!! Reading why this has such meaning for you has tears running down my cheeks. It hits home with me. I have a lot of memories of my mother's battle with this disease.

seamom said...

Very nice cards and framed verse. This is another favorite of mine. It's my own understanding that sets me off on the difficult path. Do you remember the song from some years ago, "Learning to Lean"? I am now old enough to be retired, yet still working on it!
This blog hop has been great! Thanks for your part in making it so....

Lynn said...

beautiful projects and a beautiful scripture!

Sue D said...

Great projects--I especially like the picture.

Angel said...

Your projects are beautiful! I've really enjoyed working with you, Chris!

Anonymous said...

Chris, I am always bowled over by your fabulous designs! Your faith shines so brightly in everything you do and your cards today are proof! Simply stunning!
--Hugs Becca

Jeanne Forsyth said...

Great verse - Love the card!

Marg said...

All of them are lovely.

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

CHRIS!! WOWZERSm girl! I absolutely love each of the things you created! That frame is the prefect choice for what you did and the cards both are stunning! I love the verses that you chose! Hugs to you! :)

ny2tx_patti said...

Your creations are wonderful! I've been enjoying this blog hop so much and my wish list keeps growing!

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful your creations are!!! Wow! I love them! Thank you so much for participating and sharing with us!

Linda Carson said...

Outstanding artwork! What a special testimony of how the Lord used this verse for you & your Mom. Thanks for sharing that w/us!

Kim P said...

These are so beautiful! Love how you highlighted the verse in different projects!

Kat said...

I love all your projects, and it's one of my favorite scriptures, too. Thank you for sharing!

Kelley said...

Chris, they are all so beautiful! The first one is my fave! So pretty!

Diamondangelfish said...

Wonderful work on your three pojects! I particularly favor the green one.
Yvonne

Kay's Creative Corner said...

They are all so pretty!! You did awesome on these Chris!!

Silli said...

So fab projects Chris... Love the paper you used and the colors... Great work... Have a nice day... Hugs from Silke

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome projects! Love them all and the verse you chose as well. So inspirational!
Hugs,
Gina

Janna said...

These are so stunning!!! Wow, wow, wow! These are amazing! The colors are beautiful and the verse is so amazing!!! You are right the word can provide so much comfort!

Smiles,
janna

Linda Beeson said...

I just love that you used colored ink to stamp two of those scriptures - what a great look!

Stamp and Smile said...

Just so STUNNING Chris!! Love the lace detail, classy embellies and MS branch punch is perfect with the flowers... Smiles! :)

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.