Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Hello, Friends!! I hope you all are well and are looking to a wonderful Thanksgiving (for those in the USA).  I know I am!!  I look forward to a long  weekend spent with the family!!!  We hope to begin decorating for Christmas soon thereafter.  I just love Christmas!!

Today, I am going to share a card created for the Shining the Light challenge expressing the True Meaning (religious) of Christmas. I had so much fun using a variety of dies to create all the texture. The beautiful sentiment is from the Perfect light stamp set. The corners of the card are created with a flourished leaf from the Christmas Candle Dies.  The sentiment is cut out with the stitched ovals and then mounted on top of the Ovals dies, Layered Lacey Squares and Flourished Star Pattern Dies.  Rather than just add a bow, I thought a white flower created with the Merry Mosaics die would be a beautiful touch.

The small candles are created with the Windowsill Candles and layered on an oval and Elegant Ovals die.

Our Daily Bread Designs, designed by Chris Olsen, Perfect Light, Elegant Ovals, Beautiful Borders dies, Leafy Edged Borders dies, Windowsill Candles dies, Stitched Ovals dies, Ovals dies, Merry Mosaics dies, Flourished Star Pattern, Layered Lacey Squares dies, Christmas Candles dies,  Winter Collection 2014 6x6 paper

ODBD Stamps Used: Perfect Light

ODBD Paper Used: Winter Collection 2014

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my talented Dt sisters:
Julie, Paula, Robin and Diana  

Today is Julie's last day as a guest.  I know I personally have thoroughly enjoyed working with her and was blessed not only by her amazing talent and inspiration but her faith and love as well.  I will miss having her!! I have so enjoyed chatting and getting to know you dear sister!! God bless you!!! HUGS!

If you would like to join us for the challenge, you have until December 6 to join us!!  You can link your creations or see more details here at the ODBD blog.

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!!!  I am so encouraged by them!  



13 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Absolutely stunning!

Julie Gearinger said...

Chris, this card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the Winter Collection paper with all of the gold die cuts- so elegant and the sentiment is perfect for all year long!! It has been such a pleasure designing along with you and getting to know you- I am so thankful that the Lord allowed me to be a Guest Designer so I could get to know you better, my sister in Christ!! Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family - hugs to you, my dear sweet friend!!

Dottie said...

Hi Chris: I have been having a problem posting on you're blog. but finally I can. I just want to say your Card is stunning just so beautiful. and I want to thank you for always leaving me positive comments on my blog. God Bless you always and Have a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. I pray one day I will be good enough to be part of your team.

Dottie

Robin Clendenning said...

I'm having the worst luck trying to leave you a comment. this time I lost everything I wrote due to an error! Grrr!!
Chris, your gold star looks like a crown on top and how fitting for the King and kings and Lord of lords. I love all the gold and pinks on this card and your tiny candles are a perfect touch. This is so beautiful my friend!

Sandra H said...

So beautiful!

Cards By Jan said...

Beautiful card Chris...LOVE the colours...so rich and elegant, love how you made the crown...AWESOME!!
Hugs Jan

memorial garden benches said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Beautifully made. Perfect touches! Thanks for sharing!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous combination Chris, lovely creative work ...
... and praying for Lords mercy on Grace in her fight with cancer too... For the battle is not ours, but the Lords as we commit it to Him,
Shaz in Oz.x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, this is gorgeous, and you know how much I just adore your cards! You have such a gift and artistry in putting it "all together" to make one stunning card. And this is no different. I just love the beautiful, rich shine and how it all showcases this beautiful sentiment about our Savior's birthday! Oh, I shall miss Julie, because she is so talented. But it's been wonderful to see her work with ODBD. Sending hugs, precious friend!

Pamela Haskin said...

Absolutely beautiful! I especially like the color scheme and all the layering. Merry Christmas.

Pamela Haskin said...

Trying again to post. I must have hit a wrong button.
Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I especially like the color scheme and all the layers.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is just gorgeous. I love the gold and pink along with your fab layout.

Diana Nguyen said...

I am loving the textures on your card too but the color combo blows me away. The gold is such a rich addition to the pinks - beautiful!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.