Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Hello, Friends!! Today I am enjoying time at the lake and viewing the most beautiful art canvas of all: God's Nature.  I just marvel at all the colors and textures!  So peaceful and gorgeous!!

Today I am popping in to share a card for this week's Shining the Light color challenge at ODBD...a color challenge!!

Our Daily Bread designs, Boho Blessings, Boho Paisley Background, Fancy Fritillary die, Beautiful Borders die, Flourished Star Pattern die, Stitched Ovals die, Ovals die, Vintage Labels die, Mini Tags die, Designed by Chris Olsen


For my creations, I used the Boho Blessings and Boho Paisley Background stamp set from this past weekend's release at well as the Stitched Ovals and ovals die.  After stamping the butterfly in black Memento and coloring it with copics, I embossed the butterfly in Holographic Embossing powder, gold leafed the edges and cut it out with the Fancy Fritillary die.  The Boho Paisley Background was also colored with copics and embossed with Holographic Embossing powder for added sparkle. After layering my butterfly on Stitched Ovals and the Ovals dies as well as adding a sentiment cut out with the Mini Tags die, a bow, a decorative border around all the edges using the Flourished Stars Pattern die, a piece of gold cardstock cut out using the Vintage Labels, and adding a Beautiful Border along the bottom, my card was complete.

Card Recipe:

We hope you can join us for the challenge.  Here are the colors:
For more inspiration for the challenge, please visit my dt sisters: Diana, Robin, and Paula.

Entries for this challenge must be added to the linky here by August 9 at 8pm EST.  While you can add creations using any stamps for one entry, we ask that you do not add any additional entries unless they use ODBD stamps. 

Psalm 96: 11-12
11 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it; 
12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy.

Each day brings new trials and joys!! Let us look at each new day with thankfulness and look to Him as it builds our character and faith in Him.  This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Thanks for stopping by and for your uplifting comments.  They are so appreciated.

blessings,


7 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo Chris, how lovely to see you in my mind's eye by the lake admiring God's creation how utterly blessed we are...

Thanks for sharing this gorgeous combo of colours and stamps, so the wheel of time has turned and paisley is all the thing again :D
Want also to say a special thanks for your kind comments, Chris, and for the encouragement that they are. Also special thanks for the award for this week with shining the light award.
God is gracious. Every blessing of the Lord, dear sister. Shaz in Oz,x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}



Jan's Paper Flowers said...

WOW...gorgeous card!!! The coloring is magnificent!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Chris, your card is so gorgeous!! I love what the embossing did to your butterfly and the gold leaf is wonderful! I love your touches of gold and that big beautiful purple ribbon and bow is out of this world beautiful!! Love the pearl trail and pearls on the body as well...Such an elegant, gorgeous card my dear friend!!

Diana Nguyen said...

Wow- had never heard of holographic embossing powder - so gorgeous but the gold leaf took my breath away. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Unknown said...

I love the sparkle of the embossing powder and that wide purple ribbon for a bold pop of extra color!!! Beautiful job, Chris!!!

Julie Gearinger said...

I agree with the others- this card is gorgeous!! Just received the August release and cannot wait to play :-) Sounds like you are having a marvelous time enjoying God's handiwork- hugs to you and God Bless!

Lora said...

Beautiful bold colors! I really like this card!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.