Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Hello, Friends!! I hope everyone had a blessed weekend and that for those of you living in the USA, you had a blessed Holiday weekend!!

It has been a while since posting since I have been away on a mission trip with my girls.  We had a great time fellowshipping with fellow believers, sharing our faith with others and working for those in need.  It was a very eye-opening experience for my dear daughters to see how others live and what it is like in poorer inner-city areas.  While it was good to go away and have this experience, we are all glad to be home again. The many people we met, even their poverty, were happy.  It reminds me of the verse:


Philippians 4:12New International Version 

12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Today, I am popping in to share a card I made for the Shining the Light challenge which is a color challenge this week!! I had so much fun playing with new dies available at Our Daily Bread Designs!!

Home Sweet Home, Antique Labels and Borders die, Welcoming Window die, Flower Box Fillers die, Window Shutter and Awning die, Fancy Foliage die, Fence die, Grass Border die, Shabby Rose Paper collection, designed by Chris Olsen


ODBD Stamps Used: Home Sweet Home
ODBD Paper Used: Shabby Rose Paper Collection

Here are the colors for the challenge:
I used the three pinks and a different variation of the green.

For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:
Robin Clendenning
Chris Olsen

If you would like to join us, we would love to see your creations.  You have until July 12 to add your creation to the linky here.
For more details on the challenge, click here.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comments!!

blessings,


7 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Hello sweet friend! So good to have you back home again and to see your beautiful card! I LOVE the way you have added the scrolly leaves and extra flowers to your window scene!! Your colors are just beautiful! I love the way you have sewn around the edges and with the gingham it makes everything so homey looking...welcoming! Love the ribbon laced in the fence as well...Beautiful creation Chris, as always my dear friend!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, another sweet, sweet card...and with such beautiful detail! I love it, and I too long the gingham on this little house! Can we live there together and play? Hehe! Another beauty, my friend! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Lovely pinks and greens!!! They are my favorite colors and this house is so pretty!!!! Love the way you added the swirls and wove the ribbon through the fence!!! Welcome back!!!

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet scene, with those colors who couldn't have flowers!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Super sweet, super fun, and super gorgeous!!!! LOVE this!!!! HUGS!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Chris was blessed reading this post, to "be content with such things as ye have" is so important in this world where we are encouraged to want! want, get, it all so very, very much.

Am grateful to live as I do, in a peaceful land, able to worship my God freely, a roof over my head, food on the table and even a room of my own to craft in... Gods mercies are VERY great...
Thanks for your lovely card to share too, and also for popping over and saying, hi.
Shaz in Oz.x

Alshandra said...

Lovely card Chris. Love all the flowers and the bow and ribbon are beautiful.

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.