Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Hello Friends!! I hope this post finds you all well!!

Today is a beautiful day!  The sun is shining and the humidity is less. Prayerfully I can go out with Scott when he returns home!!

Today I am popping in to share this week's Shining the Light challenge at ODBD!!  This week's challenge is Happy Birthday!!  It is perfect for me as I have both my daughter's birthday's in the next two weeks.

Here is my creation for my sweet Nicki's birthday on Friday using Bloom, Iris, and Peaches from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I also used the ODBD Elegant Ovals  and Beautiful Borders die as well as a Spellbinders Scalloped Oval.  The embossed background is Sizzix x and o's embossing folder.

I had a lot of fun creating this scene by masking the iris and foxglove images 4 times each and then coloring them with copics.  The sentiment is recessed and not popped up on top of the card.  Only the scalloped edge is raised.


Our Daily Bread Designs, Happy Birthday, Peaches, Foxglove, Bloom, Iris, Elegant Ovals die, Beautiful Borders die, designer- Chris Olsen



ODBD Stamps Used: BloomIris, and Peaches
ODBD Dies Used:  ODBD Elegant Ovals  and Beautiful Borders
Other dies used: Spellbinders Scalloped Oval
Embossing Folder: Sizzix x and o's embossing folder

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters: Cheryl Scrivens, DJ Rants, Diana Nyugen, Robin Clendenning, Linda Carson, and Elizabeth Whisson.

To see all the challenge in one place, click here.  You have until July 6 join in. We would love to see your creations!!


blessings,

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wauw gorgeous! Nice colouring too.
Have a nice day, Ageeth

Becky said...

This is stunning Chris. I love the flowers, colored beautifully..

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, this is stunning! I love your "garden" of flowers so beautifully colored (and masked) and then embossed for the lovely texture. And I love the borders top and bottom with the ribbon and pearls and how you've added the "happy birthday" sentiment! Nicki is going to LOVE it, which means Meghan may have helped you on this one? :) Good to see you making more beautiful cards...and I hope you feel a little better today than yesterday! Hugs, precious friend!

DJ Rants said...

Gorgeous, Nicki 's going to love this!! Wonderful flower garden and I love how you embossed it!! Blessings!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh wow, your card is so soft and pretty!! Love that embossing folder you use. The Foxglove and Iris' look so lovely together!! Beautiful my friend!!

Grace said...

Just beautiful Chris! I love the little garden of blooms and the beautiful colors! Love how you used the beautiful borders and added texture! Nicki will love it!
hugs,
Grace

Alshandra said...

This is a gorgeous card Chris! Love how you stamped the flowers and beautiful way of doing the sentiment too! Beautiful!

Linda Carson said...

Oh this is beautiful Chris! Love your colorful garden and wonderful textures! Absolutely beautiful! Hope you got out w/Scott! Still praying for you!

DebR said...

Wow...this is gorgeous! Love everything about it. Sounds like you put a lot into it - and it sure shows!

Greta said...

Wow--this will be treasured, I know! Your work is always so gorgeous, Chris! Hope you're healing well & feeling much better now--been thinking of you.

Becky said...

Chris, this is over the top gorgeous! I love the embossed background, the little pearls, the pink bow...oh well, just say I love it all!

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.