Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, April 9, 2011
Happy Saturday all!! I hope you are all having a great weekend!!  I want to begin by apologizing for my absence this week.  I have had a lot of things going on at home this week that have occupied my time.  It looks like the next few months may be very hectic for me with lots to do.  Oh well...as long as everyone is healthy right?!

Today I am popping in to share this week's Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs and sneak peek of one of Crissy Armstrong's images to be released at Whimsy on April 13!!

Crissy has outdone herself yet again with such adorable and fun images.  For my creation, I used Cupcake Bliss and the new fab Party Mini seals designed by Ann Vento!  The designer paper is from the Basic Grey Hello Luscious collection.  The banners are cut out with Whimsy's Shapeology Banner Pennant dies
 I colored my image with copics.

For more inspiration using Crissy's images and Ann's sentiment from the Whimsy April Release, click on the links of my talented dt sisters below.


*******************
Now on to my second creation....This weeks Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs: "No Ribbons" You may use lace on your creation, hemp, cording or string...but no ribbons!!

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, April 7. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by April 11 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC56. When creating your posts on blogs or other online galleries please include a link to the challenge here.

Now on to my take for this challenge:

ODBD stamps: Mother's Day, Mom
Paper: SU Walk in the Park (retired), Chocolate, white, pink pirouette
color mediums: copics
accessories: lace, pearl stick pin, pearls, textile embossing folder (Provocraft)


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Lori- guest designer

To join the challenge, please link your creation here.

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great day!!  Your comments are deeply appreciated!!

hugs,
Chris




22 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome cards Chris the papers and design are fabulous I so love that doggy image on the first one, oh boy I love them both.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Nicola said...

Fabulous creations and colouration Chris, just love the wee pooch and the banner pennant die is a must have, the papers are mega delish too. The verse and colour combo on your 2nd card are beautiful and your accents so pretty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What an adorable doggie - so cute and your second one is so lovely and I like all your layering with just a little peeking out!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I see a die I need, love your GORGEOUS cards Chris!!~

Saints Rule! said...

I LOVE the poppy image! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your take on it! It is so soft and dreamy! I have to say I am a fan of pink and brown combined together as well! Hope all is settling down at your place and look forward to seeing more pretties! Have a great weekend!

Crystal said...

AWWWWW Chris you did a GREAT job with this puppy!! I LOVE the added banner, these fun colors, and Ann's sentiments are GREAT!!! EEEK totally darling! fabby take on no ribbon, love that lacey bow and your embossing is BEAUTIFUL!!! Have a great Saturday dear friend!! Hugs!

Grace said...

Ooooh Chris you just keep putting them out... FANTASTIC projects!!! Love the new puppy and the pennant dies are fabulous! I didn't think I needed them when SB came out with them but I'm second thinking that decision! :) Your ODBD card is so pretty... love the soft pink! Beautiful stitching and details! Have a wonderful weekend!
hugs,
Grace

Marlene said...

*gasp* You take my breath away, Chris....these cards are GORGEOUS. (So gorgeous, in fact, that I almost forgot the "p" in "gasp", and that would have looked pretty funny sitting there typed out in asterisks, huh?)

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What a fun birthday card with the dog 'enjoying' the cupcake! The Mother's Day card is beautiful, pefect for a mother.

Anonymous said...

Oh wowzer girl!!! BOTH of your cards are just gorgeous hun!! LOVE the sweet little *Cupcake Bliss* pup and your gorgeous papers!! The banner looks fantastic too!! I love the elegance of your second card too!! Beautifully done! Smiles, Vicki

Leigh Ann Baird said...

The dog image is darling and the 2nd card is so elegant! Fabulous work!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Oh my, ADORE IT! Absolutely fabulous! And your work with papers, design and details is as always gorgeous!
Hugs Janine

Lori said...

Your Whimsy sketch is so cool! Love the ODBDSLC is gorgeous too!

Tammy said...

WOW Chris both of your cards are awesome!! I absolutely love that pup and the banner is so cool! The second card is very elegant and I love the black & pink colors!
Hugs, Tammy

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful creations Chris. Enjoy your weekend! "Hugs" Carol

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Chris,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

1CardCreator said...

Love the banner and the lace bow, beautiful cards.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chris, my friend, both of you cards are over the TOP!!! That first one is so fun and that cute dog and those fabulous banners......awesome!! The second card......oh my word, so absolutely feminine and beautiful!! I love the softness of it and that pop of black sure makes it elegant beyond words!! Hope you have a blessed weekend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Patricia Garcia said...

Beautiful cards Chris, love the first one it really looks like the doggie is having a blast and your second card, just adorable, lovely colors!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Anonymous said...

What beautiful creations Chris!! I just love the sentiment of the second one for Mother's Day and the doggie is too cute!!
hugs,
Marty

Basslady said...

your card are so fabulous!

love your style and the wonderful colouring!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Silke Ledlow said...

Chris, both cards are just beautiful! The ODBD card is so soft and elegant! Hugs ~S~

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.