Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread Designs Bread Basket

Friday, March 4, 2011


Happy Friday Everyone!! The weekend is here!! Woo hoo!!

Today I have two creations to share with you.

First I would like to share a new challenge at Wags n Whiskers!!


Today I would like to share the new challenge at Wags n Whiskers hosted by the sweet and talented Debs!!  Debs challenges us to create a card with more than one fold.  Time to get out of the rut of the traditional square or rectangle cards and get creative.  We hope you can all join in!!

Wags n Whiskers challenges are every other week.

This will give you more time to be able to participate with our challenges.

One random participant will win a Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber stamp of your choice.
You can still use any stamp you would like, but if you use a Wags 'n Whiskers image, you will also be entered into a separate drawing for a free Wags 'n Whiskers Digital Stamp.
This week has been fun making a variety of untraditional cards ...I made a double pocket card, an easel card and now today.....a diagonal fold card!!!
For my card, I used the adorable Furry Friends image from Wags n Whiskers.  I colored it with copics.  The paper is from K& co. Sweet Nectar.There is lots of gold stitching although it is hard to see in the picture.I am sharing a few pictures with you since it has so many sides.
The first is with the band on it...
 The second is of the card with the band next to it.  The lace is from a RAK from my dear friend Sabrina.  Thanks Sabrina!!  The ribbon is from May Arts.
 The third is when it is partway open...
 This is the inside...The sentiment comes from Our Daily Bread Designs Daffodil Tags.
It was embossed in gold and framed with scraps of gold glitter paper.  The flowers are created with the Martha Stewart twig punch and buttons.  The fence is also created with a Martha Stewart punch.
 This is the back when the band is on it.  I left a little give to it so it could act as a stand for the card.
Card Recipe:
Paper: K and Co. Sweet Nectar, White (the gold paper is just white paper embossed in gold)
Accessories: lace from Rak, May Arts Green Ribbon, Martha Stewart Fence Border Punch, Martha Stewart twig punch, gold thread, gold embossing powder, Provocraft Spots embossing folder, Martha Stewart Loops border punch, buttons from stash.

For more inspiration for the challenge at Wags n Whiskers, please visit my dt sisters:

Should you join the Wags N Whiskers challenge, please link your creation at the Wags n Whiskers blog here


challenges I am entering this creation in:
Card Makin' Mamas -  something green
Fussy and Fancy embossing and/or paper piecing
Fairy Knoll -  feeing a little green (use green)
4 Crafty Chicks - faux or real stitching
Charisma Cardz -  4-legged friends
Delightful Challenges - welcome Spring 
Do You Stack Up? - use anything with green in it
Meljens Designs - include an animal
Rubber Cafe - faux or real stitching
Sassy Studio Designs - use green as your main color
Fab 'n' Funky - spring 
Pixie Cottage - SKETCH and/or spring
The Paper Variety  - green 
FlourishesSt Patrick’s Day card or use the color green as your main color.
Paper Take Weekly - Anything goes + (optional) something old/not used for long time 
Incy Wincy Designs - spring is in the air
House of Gilli  - Green
Pink Elephant  - Buttons, lace and ribbon
Wild Orchid #18 ~ Anything Goes 
Fussy and Fancy ~ Embossing and/or Paper Piecing  
I Did It Creations - Punches or Dies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My next creation is a little less cutesy and more for a teen.  I used the fun Kenny K Uptown Angel rubberstamp available at Whimsy stamps. I colored her with copics and used the sketch from the Kenny K challenge blog.

 The dp is also K and Co.  The # 18 was typed on my pc and punched using one of my SU punches..  The image is framed with a Spellbinders Bead it die.  The lace is another item from a RAK from my dear friend Sabrina. ( What a lot of treasures she sent me!!)  The ribbon bow is made of May Arts Silk ribbon and tied with my bow easy.  All the  dp layers are embossed with different embossing folders but it is hard to see in the photo.  The corner scrolls are created from the inside left overs of one of my EK Success border punches.

Card Recipe:
Stamps:Kenny K Uptown Angel rubberstamp available at Whimsy stamps.
Paper: K and Co., brown and white
Accessories: SU 1 inch circle punch, May Arts Ribbon-Silk Mauve, EK Success Fleur De Lis Punch, pink gems, brown lace
Embossing folders: Provocraft Swirls, Provocraft Spots

I hope you enjoyed my creations today.  Thanks so much for your comments.  I enjoy reading them.

Have a great weekend!

hugs,
 

87 comments:

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous card. The colours on the first, so bright and cheery, and I love that fold, really terrific, and the second is so pretty.Wonderful papers.
Luv CHRISSYxx

kimmie_35 said...

Love both your cards, Chris... colours on both cards are gorgeous! I especially love the kittie one, so cute!
Hugs
Kim
x

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Oh Wow! How adorable is this!!!! Love it!!!!

Elin said...

Wonderful cards! I like the papers on the upper one. I think the papers fits well with the idea. The bloomy paper I imagine as the garden and the squared as wallpaper inside. Love the idea with the fence like a band around. Thanks for sharing :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Cheryl said...

WOW they are GORGEOUS,such beautiful detail....love them both!!!
Hugs xx

Sue W said...

Oh my!!!! Both cards are beautiful love what you did for the more than one fold though it really is striking~~~~

Anneke said...

Such a cute card!! I love the wag'n wiskers stamp :) So sweet whit this animals! LOL...
Hugs Anneke

chris said...

Hi Chris Bad Blogger here!
your cards are out of this world perfection. the first one is so so special. love it and the second one is just so cool.
hope you are well.
you asked if I was ok, I just couldn't seem to get on top of everything so blogging had to take a back seat.
love and hugs chris xx

Marley said...

Beautiful cards Chris! hugs Marley

Victoria said...

Hi Chris, wow yours is much better than mine is. I as you have read have had one of them weeks, where I have seen my craft room only to put things away in there! Thanks for all your prayers, so very much appreciated. hugs xxx

Crystal said...

SUCH a great fold Chris for your W&W Creation, LOVE that image and the spring colors are FABULOUS, LOVIN the added fence!! AWW your KK card is BEAUTIFUL!! Happy Friday sweetie!!!! Big HUGS!

Cindy Haffner said...

Chris such a masterpiece, you are ROCKIN!!!!~

Carolyn said...

Hi Chris,
How are you?
Your cards are both awesome. They always are. I love the fold on the first one and the punches and lace. Beautiful!
Thanks for dropping by my blog for a visit. I've missed talking to you! I wanted to let you know that those corner dies that you were asking me about I believe are sizzix and came in a package of 4 that I got last year at Michaels. They probably still have them. I love corner dies :)
Have a great weekend. Stay in touch.
Hugs,
Carolyn

anneke said...

what a wonderful carda!!!
fine weekend
liefs Anneke

Dorcas said...

I absolutely love your spring kitty card with the fence. Really special. :-)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

you just keep blowing me away with your gorgeous cards! wow!

so? how r u? i do hope all is well. thank you so much for your thoughts & prayers for hubby.

have a fabulous weekend.

hugs :)

1CardCreator said...

This is so sweet Chris! I love your coloring and the bow looks gorgeous. Have a great weekend.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Chris, your work is always outstanding!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Goodness, Chris, these are both so very STUNNING to say the least!! You are the Queen of special little details and I am so glad that you are getting some use out of the goodies I sent to you. Have a great weekend my sweet friend! Hugs, Sabrina

Marlene said...

Both your cards are adorable - but that first card = BEST CARD EVER!

Frea said...

Hello CHris, wooohooo, I absolutely adore these cards! They are so pretty but especially the 2nd one looks pretty complicated! The image itself is one I've been meaning to buy for a long time cause I like it so much, but still haven't got it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Frea

Becky said...

OH Chris, I am amazed how you create such gorgeous cards all the time! These are just stunning. I love how you did the first one with the band and fence, so fabulous..:)

ellabella said...

Oh WOW! Do I love this or what!! You have done one wonderful job. Janine

Mandy said...

Oh wow Chris these are both fabulous, I love the design of your first card and the second is super cute and so beautifully coloured
hugs Mandy xx

Lori said...

4 amazing cards in the last 2 days!!! Where do you find the time??? Oh, I know, you must work this in to your girl's lesson plans somehow...just kidding. You incorporate so much lovely details into your creations, amazing.

Kerri said...

Your WNW card is so stinkin' CUTE! I just love all the gorgeous details and colors! You are killing me with these Kenny K images. I keep trying to resist them, but you make it so hard! Fab projects as always, woman:)

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! I love the first card! That fold is so creative and I love the paper, colors, and the picket fence band. The second card is so sweet and sassy, just like Kenny K!

Dionne said...

Wow, the green card is awesome. I love everything about it.
Thanks for joining us at House of Gilli.

Grace said...

Oh goodness Chris... just adorable on this diagonal fold!!! Love the little fence punch... perfect touch and just as pretty inside!!! The second one is sweet and yes, sassy! Great job on both my friend!

Louise said...

Whoot, whoot!!
Oh my Chris, both these cards are so beautiful time stops ticking for a moment :) Love them both in different ways. The second one is so cool featuring a very sweet teen with just the right amount of attitude and the colors are amazing! Love the big bow and the pearls around the spellie :) Stunning!

The first one is so cute! Love the fold and the band coming across it is so beautiful! I'm drawn to all the fantastic detail.

I could hang around here forever ;)

Have a lovely Saturday!
Hugs

Sadilla said...

gorgeous cards!!!! Full of lovely details!! =)
thanks for sharing at the pixie cottage
hugs
Sadia

Jill said...

wow 2 absolutely stunning cards chris thanks for joining us at PTW & KKKG hugs Jill xx

Cheryl said...

this is just gorouges beautiful colrs and adore the detail on this too bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

WencheP said...

Fabulous card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Patty said...

Love the pink and brown combo! Thanks for joining us this week at KKKG's challenge.

Miranda said...

both cards are gorgeous again Chris, and the folding in the first one is fantastic
love it
thanks for joining us again at the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Sara said...

Oh my gosh, how adorable! Thanks for playing along with SSD!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Oh, my!! What beautiful cards. The fist one is so full of wonderful things. The fold of the card, the adorable image and lace. All so beautiful!

Courtney said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Chris!! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

lizzie said...

thanks for playing with us at cmm! awesome card!!

Stamper Gyrl said...

I absolutely love both your cards.
Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy friday challenge.
Tracy

Sprytebyrd said...

Great cards!! Love your multifolds card, so clever and the border punch is perfect!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs and Card Makin' Mamasthis week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh Chris...you have outdone yourself on that darling first card with all the small details. Outstanding!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

gorgeous card, sweetie, such a fab take on the sketch, and I love the image you have used…..
Thanks for joining KKKGCthis week...........

Hugs
Judith

Flutterby Trina said...

stunning cards! love all the papers! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week, Good Luck

xxx

Chrissy D said...

ADORABLE card and papers. Such wonderful details!

Anne said...

Gorgeosu cards Chris! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage this week!

Hugs, Anne

Ann said...

OMG ~ What a stunning card you've made! Thanks so much for playing along at the House of Gilli Challenge!

Vivi Casale said...

very cute!!!!
Thanks for joining us at House of Gilli!
xxx
Vivi

ps.: stop by on my blog to enter the blog candy, as you are joining the challenge, if you follow the rules you can have 2 chances to win 2 Gilli stamps

Dena said...

Both are so cute! Totally lovin that fence!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting!
Dena

Tanya R said...

An adorable bunch of critters, a superb fancy fold, and springtime colors. So so pretty. Thank you for joining us this week at The Pixie Cottage.
Good Luck,
Hugs
Tanya

Jo said...

So sweet! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week at DYSU! It’s so fun to see so many different takes on our Green challenge!

Regan said...

Both cards are fantastic! The Spring one is so whimsical... Love the stitching and the combination of different border punches! Thanks for playing along at SSD! :)

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Fabulous cards...love that sweet wags n whiskers one with the spring details! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!

clare brown said...

your card is stunning.I love the style and it's great to see spring colours again.Goodluck at charisma this week.

clare x

Manuela said...

Hi.
This is a beautiful card. I love the way you put everything together with the fence. The image is gorgeous too. Well done.
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.
Manuela

Yara said...

Love both cards! Especially the one with the cats and the fence! So pretty! Glad that you shared it with us at The Paper Variety!

DIANA L. said...

What a super card love the cat faces!!!!!!! This card is just incredible absolutely beautiful. TFS
I have a give away over on my blog you might be interested
http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Dee Jackson said...

Super cute! I love all the details. thanks for playing in the FTTC this week

Tessa Buys said...

Beautiful cards! Your first one is so creative with the way it folds - gorgeous! Thank you for playing at The Paper Variety!

Sharon said...

Two really beautiful makes! Can see a lot of work went into the first one and it looks amazing.
Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage Challenge.
Sharon xx

Katie said...

Lovely Spring card and great use of the sketch!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Katie said...

Lovely Spring card and great use of the sketch!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Shelley said...

Wow these both look amazing! Thanks for joining us this weeks at Fairy Knoll. Hugs Shelley x

Darsie Bruno said...

Such sweet creations, Chris! I always look forward to seeing your cards pop up! Thanks so much for playing with us at Meljen's Designs and we hope you'll join us for this week's challenge featuring the color GREEN!
Hugs, Darsie
Meljen's Design Team

Anonymous said...

generic valium smoking valium pills - valium 5mg vs 10mg

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem online dosage of zolpidem - ambien side effects on pregnancy

Anonymous said...

diazepam buy diazepam psychotropic drug - diazepam 2mg valium

Anonymous said...

where can i buy xanax online xanax bars does do - buy xanax ativan

Anonymous said...

buy ativan lorazepam 1 mg buy - ativan side effects hiccups

Anonymous said...

diazepam online buy diazepam tablets - diazepam dosage usa

Anonymous said...

ativan cost get ativan online - ativan vs xanax help

Anonymous said...

buy xanax xanax 2mg alcohol - xanax dosage night

Anonymous said...

xanax buy online no prescription pictures of 1mg xanax - xanax retard 1 mg bijsluiter

Anonymous said...

ativan without prescription ativan high bluelight - buy ativan australia

Anonymous said...

xanax mg xanax bars lil wayne - xanax dosage 10 mg

Anonymous said...

pharmacokinetics of diazepam diazepam 2mg buy online - diazepam dosage veterinary

Anonymous said...

xanax cheap generic xanax green - xanax . 25 mg side effects

Anonymous said...

alprazolam buy xanax online overnight shipping - xanax schedule two drug

Anonymous said...

order ambien ambien drug test detection - ambien sleep driving 2011

Anonymous said...

buy carisoprodol carisoprodol dose maximum - buy soma legally online

Anonymous said...

buy generic ambien online many ambien 10 mg get high - ambien cr copay coupon

Anonymous said...

buy valium no prescription needed valium what drug class - que es valium 5mg

Anonymous said...

valium online no prescription valium over the counter - cheap indian valium

Anonymous said...

soma medication soma drug test time table - carisoprodol drug interactions

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online no rx ambien cr generic canada - generic ambien 12.5 mg

Anonymous said...

buy valium in canada national pharmacy valium - valium tolerance

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.