Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread Designs Bread Basket

Sunday, March 27, 2011
Happy Sunday Everyone!! I hope you are all having a great weekend!!  It has been chilly but at least sunny here.This weekend I have not done much in the way of crafting but rather having some family time.  It has been nice to spend time together.  I do hope to do some crafting this p.m. though.

Today is another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge and this week's host is the sweet and talented Lisa!!
Lisa chose the verse:
Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

This is one of my fave verses because I think I tend  to worry a lot.  What a comfort to know that He is there when I pray to carry me through both the difficult and good times!!

When I think of this verse, I think of my fave poem, Footprints.  This was also one of my mother in laws favorites and it brought her great comfort when she was dying from cancer.  To me it is such a comforting poem, so I would like to share it with you today.

Footprints
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Carolyn Carty, 1963

Lisa has challenged us to use
A different kind of peace... piece... as in paper piecing. Use paper piecing in the main image of your card/project. 

Here is my creation for this challenge using the adorable Valerie Spring Rain (illustrated by Crissy Armstrong) and Spring Seals (designed by Ann Vento) available at Whimsy Stamps. 



 I paper pieced and colored the image with copics.  The dp is from Prima Sparkling Spring.  The punched border is Martha Stewart Shells border. I added rhinestones and pearls to the inside of each shell.  The seal is framed with a classic and scalloped circle from Spellbinders. The image also is framed with the classic circles but it also is framed with the lacey circles from Spellbinders.  The bow is made with May Arts Wrinkled White ribbon and the bow easy.

Our Sponsor this week is Technique Junkies Newsletter! WooHoo!
The prize is a one year subscription to the newsletter!
We want to thank them for their generosity!

Lisa, our dt sister has also opened up a new store called the Craft's Meow with some very cute stamps!!!  She has decided to offer a second prize this week.....a set of the three Little Frieda stamps to one of our players!!! 


 For more inspiration for the Stampin in Christ Challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Grace, Linda, Lisa, Peggysue, Randi (on leave), Meisje, Kristine, Sabrina, Marilynn and  Rebecca.


For the full devotional and challenge details please visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.

challenges I am entering my creation in: 


Pals Paper Arts- Embossing, The Rubber Cafe-embossing, Crafty Creations- in stitches, Delightful Challenges- Pastels and ribbons, Colour Create- Pastels, Digi Doodle Shops Best- Ribbons and bows, Little Miss Muffet- Brads, Gems or Pearls, Ambers Crafts and stuff- use diecuts. Crafts and Me- Anything Goes, Creative Cottage- Spring, Little Claires-pink and green Card Makin Mamas- animals
Mami Doodles- Celebrate Spring, Let's Ink it up- die cuts/punches, Paper Cutz- your choice, Wild Orchid- Dies or punches, Crafty Emma- die cut crazy, Shannon's Sentiments- Spring Colors, Sugar Creek Hollow- stitching, Freshly Brewed 2 or more embellies, Paper Pretties- Spring, Scrapbook Sisters- anything goes, Simon Says Stamp- Mother's Day or girlie, Claudia and Co.- use atleast three- butter, rose, lavender, green, Clear it out Buttons, Cuttlebug Spot- embossing (dry) and buttons, Paper Time Weekly- girly, Fairy Fun Friday- Spring Themed, Sew Many Cards- Spring Fling, Stamp Something- Something Spring, Stampin With the Dragon- bring on Spring, Sweet Stampin- The weather, Phindy's Place- all about animals, Southern Girls add an animal, Stamp Insanity- Punch it Out, Fuzzy Wuzzy- sketch by Inge and animals


Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!! I so appreciate you all!


hugs and blessings,
Chris




68 comments:

Melodie said...

OMG, what fantastically nice card.
Hugs
Melodie

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
This is a beautiful card. I love the colours and the layout. The lace ribbon and punched border really compliment each other and the image is so sweet. Gorgeous embellishments.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Cheryl said...

oh chris,this is just stunning,the image the papers just lush,amazing,as always hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my Chris such a beautiful card!
I love your sweet image and gorgeous colours and details.
I too love Footprints.
hugs
kim x

Mandy said...

Hi Chris,
Such a pretty card,love everything about it,just perfect...I'm a lover of the Footprints verse as well I have it on an etched glass plaque on my cabinet for all of us to see each day,has so much meaning for life I think....
Mandy x

Karen W said...

Very pretty card, the papers are gorgeous!

Grace said...

Chris this is just so cute! I just love this image and it's perfect for paper piecing!!! Great sketch!!! Loved reading your thoughts today too.. TTYS!
hugs,
Grace

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Chris, love the image. Thanks for taking part in this weeks Sweet Stampin & CES Challenges!
Clairexx

Anki said...

Soooo beautiful! Love it! Kramis - Anki

CraftinGranny said...

Another gorgeous creation with so many fantastic details. Very inspirational post Chris."Hugs" Carol

Julie E said...

What a darling image paired up with gorgeous papers, wonderful touches of black and a great LO - just gorgeous!

Becky said...

She is so cute! Wonderful card and gorgeous paper.

Miesje said...

Chris this is so pretty! What a fun image and the matching boots and umbrella are wonderful! "Footprints" is one of my favorites - it is on my desk at all times! Have a great week!

Lori said...

Chris you have once again worked your magic, love your design and hope you are having a great weekend!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

You always make such sweet creations! I love the paper piecing on the little girl and her umbrella. The stitching is wonderful too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Sugar Creek Hollow. I always love seeing what you come up with next.
~Renee
SCH DT

Lori said...

Nice piecing! Super sweet card and thanks for the poem, always nice to read this one.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous and very adorable. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris thats one stunning card, I love that image. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Crystal said...

AWWW Chris how darling, WHAT a great layout and colors....Your coloring is FABULOUS!!!! Big hugs!!!

ellabella said...

Another really pretty card, - I always get that "wow" feeling when I pop over to see what you've been up to!

Kerri said...

So gorgeous, Chris! That image is super sweet, and I just love the lace and bow. I finally bought that MS border punch after seeing you use it all the time, and I can hardly put it down. It adds so much! I LOVE the Footprints poem. It really helped me when we found out about all of my oldest son's problems when he was a baby. Definitely the most difficult time in my life, but the Lord helped me get through it!

Riet said...

Soo beautiful card Chris,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Wendy said...

Beautiful card... such a lot of work has gone into this card too.

Love the Footprints poem too Chris. Took a photo of my hubby on the beech along with my dog and a digital scrapbook page with it. Hubby was going through such a difficult time at the time the photo was taken and it was such an apt poem to add to the page. I will always treasure it.

MARY B said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

Danni said...

Love your card!! Oh so pretty and gorgeous!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Chris. Love how you embellished your card. Your image is adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges!

Allison said...

So terrificly pretty...great job on the challenge!

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Chris and love your colouring, superb, such a lovely image too and that big bow is delish.
Hugs Linda

Donna Mosley said...

Very beautiful card Chris, love the cute image and yummy papers. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's

Donna x

Mina said...

shes stunning Chris, beautifully coloured...thanks for joining in with our Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

sharon said...

Hi Chris, what a darling little girl and her kitty. Love the pastel colors and her boots are so cute!! Thanks for sharing your card and that very beautiful poem with the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month.

Hugs
Sue Drees

Beth aka BR-T said...

Chris this is beautiful Wow!

Kristine said...

Hi Chris! What a sweet creation you made! I love that adorable image, and your paper piecing is lovely. I also love that sentiment too. I don't know HOW in the world you find time to link all those challenges for one card... and do commenting as well? I have to limit my 'puter time a bit as my carpal tunnel is now worsening in my left hand - ugh. LOL. Love that poem, my girls have silver braceletes with that inscription engraved on them. =)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Chris
A gorgeous and beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Fliss said...

Really beautiful card Chris. Love the colours, sweet image and all the lovely embellishment details.
Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU die cuts & punches challenge and good luck!
x

Margreet said...

gorgeous card Chris....lovely papers, lace and other details....nice paperpiecing of that sweet image....thanks for joining FFF's challenge Oh So Spring!
xxx Margreet

MariLynn said...

Chris, this is such a cute card. Awesome job with the paper piecing. Thanks for sharing that poem. It is one of my favorites. I have it hanging on my wall in my office. I hope you have a blessed day today!! HUGS!

Martha said...

this is beautiful, what a great card.
Thanks for playing with Clear It Out

Linda w said...

That's one of my favourite scriptures too, and footprints is such a moving poem isn't it. Love your paper piecing, its such a very beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's Die cut challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word Chris!! Your creation is so stunning!! What a sweet design with your ribbons and I love how you've cut out these images! Really precious!! HUGS

Rachel B said...

I love that little button with your sentiment! Fabulous card. Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out!

Amber's Crafts and Stuff said...

Beautiful.

Thanks for participating in Challenge # 2 at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday for Challenge #3!

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

kadie said...

Chris, you've been busy, Girl! Another stunning creation to share with us over at C&Co! Beautiful!

Jodi said...

This is gorgeous! I love the papers, lace, pearls on the border punch and bow. Thanks for joining us at Claudia & Co.

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Chris, oh my gosh, what a gorgeous piece of ART!! Your paper piecing is over the top...so perfect and that image...too sweet!! I am just at awe that no matter what the challenge you master it!! Hugs and blessings, my sweet friend!! Sabrina

Lynda Nielsen said...

awww, talk about adorable. You did a FANTASTIC job. I just LOVE this. =) Such beautiful coloring. Thanks so much for joining us this week for Phindy's Place Challenge.
Hugs,
Lynda

Louise said...

This is sooo beautiful Chris! Your coloration is always so professional and you sure know you´re way around the embellies too :) Just the perfect amount! Stunning:)

Hugs ♥

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, gorgeous card and pretty colours.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge this week.
luv
Debby

craftyb said...

such a beautiful card - the image is precious (LOVE her lil boots!!)! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Meghan said...

How beautiful!! I love your colors and the coloring is beautiful!! Love all the pink!!
Lovely image!!
Hugs,
Meghan

Inspired By Friends said...

Beyond cute card. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Little K Smith said...

A beautiful card, adorable image, gorgeous soft colours and lush ribbon too!
Thanks for joining us at Fuzzy Wuzzy :)
Kelly.x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Chris that image is super cute and the design is gorgeous.
hugs
Lorraine x

Heather said...

I love all the layers and the sweet image. Your paper piecing is darling. LOVE the bow!


Thank you for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges 2 or more embellishments.

Have a blessed day

Kazza said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls Challenge. Karen x

Chris said...

very cute and sweet. I love that half daisy border and the lace, not to mention the image.

thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Joy said...

sooo cute- love that image and sentiment, thanks for playing with Claudia and Company! Joy DT

...just Barbara said...

Dropping by to check out your project! Thanks for playing along in the "Brads, Gems & Pearls" challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps. :D

Peggysuez said...

That is a fabulous poem and one I've always liked. I bought a stamp to use with that poem one time and haven't inked it up yet, need to do so soon! This is a cute card, I think I like her umbrella and her boots best, I've always been a sucker for rain boots!

Cor* said...

Such a great whimsy image. I adore your color scheme! Embossing is perfect and nestie use is glorious. Lovely touch of lace. Thanks for getting springy with us fairies at FFF this fortnight!

WeirdCat said...

Very pretty design, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card you have deigned for the Colour Create Challenge:-))
Thank you.
Sylvia

Taylor U. said...

Chris, this is so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us over at Claudia and Company!

stephanne said...

Oh Chris, this is GLORIOUS!!! What a beautiful outfit she's been given, and everything is so so so pretty, wonderful take on the sketch too!! Thanks so much for playing with us at TFWC this month!!
hugs, stephanne

Mami Doodles said...

Absolutely beautiful! Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Ann English said...

Love this verse, too, and the footprints poem is favorite, too. This card is gorgeous-love it so! Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindys Place Challenge!

crafty amy said...

This is super sweet I love the layout :D
Thank you for joining us at CES don't forget to check tomorrow to see if you have won and to take part in our new challenge.

Hugs

Amy xx

Abi said...

Chris, this is beautiful. I love the gorgeous ribbon & such a lovely sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with the Sweet Stampin challenge x

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.