Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Sunday, March 6, 2011
Happy Sunday Everyone!! I hope you are having a great weekend!!  We have had a pretty good weekend so far.  On Friday, Scott came home from work early and we decided that it was time to do something different than the status quo.  We took a long ride, went our for dinner and visited 3 pet stores as well as Barnes and Nobles.  We had a great family day. Yesterday was almost like spring with temps in the 50's.  The girls were able to play outside.  My darling daughter was very sad though since in the back of her mind she kept thinking about one of her girlfriends who was having a birthday party which she was not invited to.  She was very down and you just wish you could spare them from the pain. But it is life and what can a parent do.  There are no rule books on how to deal with different children's crisis in life.  I hurt for her though.



Today I would like to share a card I created for this week's Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge hosted by me. Yes, I wrote the devotional this week.


I chose the verse: 
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. Isaiah 40:7

Rather than copy or rewrite these thoughts on this verse, I would like you to visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ blog here. 

This week's challenge is:
Use a flower image on your creation...(designer paper, embossing, or paper flowers do not count as a flower image...it must be stamped.)

Here is my take on the challenge using the tulips corner and tulips tag die from Our Daily Bread Designs. 


The embossing folder is from Stampin up. I punched the lattice with a Martha Stewart die. I could not resist adding a little gold and black to make the tulips pop.


Card Recipe:
stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Tulip Corner and Tulip Tags
Paper: White, black, real red, and gold mirror dp
Accessories: Our Daily Bread Designs tag die, lace, ruffled ribbon, pearls, gold cording, gingham ribbon, Martha Stewart Lattice border punch

 This week we want to welcome back Kristine to Stampin Sisters as well as welcome our New Design team members Sabrina and Marilynn.  Welcome girls!! We are so excited to have you join us!!

 For more inspiration for the Stampin in Christ Challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Grace, Linda, Lisa, Peggysue, Randi (on leave), Meisje, Kristine, Sabrina, Marilynn and  Rebecca.


For the full devotional and challenge details please visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.

We want to thank our Sponsor, Clear Dollar Stamps, for the generous prize of a $15 gift certificate.

I made this for the Shabby Tearoom Challenge which was to take inspiration from this photo:
Classic Elegance!



Design a card or project using RED, WHITE (OR CREAM) AND BLACK!


I also created for a few other challenges:
Alphabet Challenge - "R" is for ribbons, Delicious Doodles - make the card/project YOU would like to receive, Simply Create - power of flowers, Stampin For The Weekend - Spring, Craft Us Crazy - anything that reminds you of nature, Cute Card Thursday - signs of Spring, Delightful Challenges - welcome Spring, Do You Stack Up? - use anything with green in it, Stamp Insanity - lots of texture, Fab 'n' Funky - spring, Scrapbook Sisters - Spring, Oldie But Goodie Challenge -Spring is in the Air, Paper Take Weekly - Anything goes, Try It On Tuesday - Inspired by a song (Tip Toe through the Tulips... by Tiny Tim (1968), Crazy Challenge - Here comes spring, Incy Wincy Designs - spring is in the air, Wild Orchid #18 ~ Anything GoesShelly's Images ~ Lots of LayersCritter Sketch #54 ~ SentimentCatch The Bug -  Anything GoesLittle Claire's  FlowersSimply Create -  power of flowersTotally Papercrafts - pearls & lace4 Crafty Chicks - faux or real stitchingRubber Cafe -- faux or real stitchingFussy and Fancy ~ Embossing and/or Paper Piecing Creative Cottage - tagsTuesday Throwdown - Tag you're it (incorporate tag(s) in projectSentimental Sundays Pearls and Lace

 Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoyed my creations.  Thanks for your comments. I really enjoy reading them.

blessings,

72 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a glorious red on those tulips.Very pretty card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Larisa said...

Great card! Love the floral motive here) The tag looks wonderful on)) Your creation is great!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh Chris this is so lovely...Oh how I yearn to see tulips I know it's coming!

Basslady said...

your card is a work of art!

LOVE it!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

martina's kaartjes said...

pretty, pretty card !
great result !
have a nice, sunny sunday,
greetings, martina
x

Melodie said...

Hi Chris,
your card is sensationell. Wonderful ribbon and the roses are so great.
Hugs
Melodie

chris said...

Hi there Chris wow this is special, so very special. love it.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
Beautiful card. I lov ethe embossed background and lace and the flower entwined round the tag is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Thea said...

Hi Chris,

This is beautiful! Nice details en georgeous lace.

Hugs
Thea

Antonella said...

Love your card - such a beautiful inspiration!!
So glad you were able to enjoy a nice family day - it is amazing, but life so often gets in the way. So sorry about your daughter, I know exactly what you mean, I've experienced the same with my son...

Hugs, antonella :-)

Auntie Em said...

Very pretty! I love the little touch of gold on the sentiment and the embossing on the background
Thank you for sharing! :)

Julie E said...

Gorgeous - all that white with the pop of the red tulips is wonderful!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Chris! I just love this new set from ODB.

Cheryl said...

oh this is just so beautiful hun just stunning hugs cheryl xxx

Miesje said...

Beautiful Chris! I love those colors and can't wait to get my tulip tag set in the mail! Great devotional -

Miranda said...

very gorgeous card Chris, lovely
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Grace said...

Very pretty Chris!!! Love the white black and red! Love all your pretty little touches as always. Sorry to hear about the bd party prob. again!!! Give her a hug for me. Have a great day!
hugs,
Grace

Patti J said...

I'm not sure of your DD's age, but at our house, it was middle school. Oh my goodness, I hated middle school (and I worked there!). What a terrible thing for your daughter. Give her a hug from Aunt Patti! Love your take on the inspirational photo! What a gorgeous card, Chris! Thank you for sharing, and have a great day!

Patti J said...

Yikes, forgot to thank you for this morning's wonderful message. Blessings, dear sister!!!

Shelly's Images said...

So sorry for the pain your daughter has been through with the birthday party. We often go through situations like that too and it is heartbreaking.

I do LOVE your project! Thanks so much for joining our "Lots of Layers" challenge this week at Shelly's Images.

Sherry Kushibab said...

Lovely card Chris...red is one of my fav colors and tulips are one of my favorite flowers....they last for only a short time here as they are 'deer candy' when they bloom. Your a great mom to have kept your daughter close as she was feeling left out - you loved her thru a tough time and thats all we can really do.

WencheP said...

Fabulous card, love the lace. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Denise and Louise said...

Really beautiful card. Love the image and that lace is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Debbie said...

So very lovely, Chris! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Chrissy D said...

Chris this is a STUNNING creation! Praying you are having a blessed day!

Denimo said...

As always Chris, bea-u-ti-ful card!! Just gorgeous! You are so talented!!! TFS!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Chris, I love how you used the wide swatch of lace and the tag is gorgeous. ~Diane

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, thats one stunning Easter card, love the lace to and your beautifully coloured flowers. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Crystal said...

Beautiful card, love the tulips & the fabulous lace! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch :)

Anita said...

Stunning cards! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

princesskitten said...

Lovely spring flowers

kitten DYSU team

HelenR said...

Lovely card & great flowers! Thank you for joining us at Little Claire's :) x

Michele said...

Beautiful card! I love the tulips and the lace. thanks for playing the critter challenge this week.

Marlene said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Chris. No surprise there! ;)

Aww, my heart goes out to your daughter, too. As mothers, we try to protect them from a lot of things in life, but we can't protect them from everything. It's tough being a mom.

Katina said...

A truly stunning card Chris! Thank you for sharing it with us at PTW thus week. :)

Leanne said...

Very nice, thanks for playing with us this week.

Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks!

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Very pretty with the red & white!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Hello sweet friend!!! Let me tell you, your card is breathtaking...absolutely stunning with all of those wonderful little "Chris" touches and the stunning coloring!! Give your baby a hug, I know just how she feels and how you fell too. I have to explain that man times to my oldest who will be 10 in a couple of months. It is the age of those little cliques and if you are not part of that, you are not invited. I am sure she enjoyed her day with you, daddy and her sister out and about though ;D;D. Thanks for the warm welcome over at SSIC. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness!! Such a gorgeous design Chris!! LOVE your flowers here and your beautiful touches!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts with this too!! BIG HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

u do know u keep my face thin don't u? every time i come here my jaw drops, hence, thinning out my cheeks! this is gorgeous!

hugs :)

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card Chris the colours are rerally striking. Thanks for joining in at Oldie But Goodie and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Kristine said...

Ooo, yes, I see the inspiration photo in your card Chris, it's GORGEOUS!! Love that lace and tulips (ODBD has some beautiful stamps) and gingham ribbon is perfect! The weather here today is so nice too and I took the dog for a walk earlier. =) Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. x

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh wow, I wish my kitchen looked that clean and fresh! LOL You captured the look beautifully in your card, Chris. I loved the colors the moment I saw it. And I really enjoyed your devotional. Thanks so much for all you do at SSIC.

Hugs,
Lisa

Kim said...

Chris what an amazing and beautiful card hun! I love seeing what you make! Gorgeous hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS!!!~

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a pretty Easter card Chris! Great job coloring those beautiful flowers!

Davi said...

Beautiful card Chris!! I love the tulips and the wonderful embellies to go with them. thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

debby4000 said...

Oh beautiful Easter Card Chris, love the pretty tulips.
luv
Debby

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Hi Chris another wonderful card.. Just beautiful Thank you for joining us at Alphabet
Hugs
Tamara

Francesca said...

Such a beautiful card!

Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this time
and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

mckinkle said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend enjoying the weather.

Nothing hurts a Mum like their childs pain but Im sure she enjoyed her weekend with you all despite it!

Stunning card, I love the crispness of it and the sketch works great too.

Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Delicious Doodles.

Keryn :)

Teri said...

A beautiful card hun!
If I was your daughter I would forget about that 'girlfriend'. Proper friends stick together not leave each other out. It's a horrible feeling to go through, and that so called friend is a real nasty person to make her go through it.
On a lighter note -
Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri xx

Fleur said...

Beautiful card
Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
Hugz Fleur xXx

Suzie McFloozy said...

So pretty - love the bright spring tulips x
Thanks for joining in with our "tag you're it" challenge at the creative cottage challenge blog x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris this is just simply stunning, an awesome card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Basslady said...

marvellous card with a wonderful image!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

~Jeri~ said...

Beautiful card and colors Chris. Always stunning work! I hope your daughter feels a little better today, it's always hard watching them go through things we went through as a child. But you're right, it's life and unfortunately they must go through it to grow, but it definitely doesn't make your heart feel better.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

MariLynn said...

Chris, Hugs to you and your daughter. I know how hard this weekend must have been for you. Thanks for the scripture and the devotional. Very uplifting. I especially liked this sentence: Our earthly life is short but God is here forever. What a great reminder. I love the tulips on your card. This morning I saw hints of green where my tulips will be.Yea Spring! Have a blessed day today!

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this week.

Denise Marzec said...

Sooooooo striking, Chris! Man, this pops!!

Georgei said...

wow what a pretty card that you did
thank for showing

Michelle said...

fabulous entry for TioT this week. Thanks for playing
x Michelle

clare brown said...

stunning card and I just love the ribbon and lace detail. Goodluck at SFTW this week.

clare x

papertrails leaver said...

A gorgeous card! Hoping all is well with you. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

leslierahye said...

beautiful card...tulips are so very SPRINGY!
Thank you for participating in Delightful Challenges this week!

Min said...

How absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Shelly's Images for our Lots of Layers Challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Tameko said...

Beautiful card. Love the tag, and all the lace. I have a 9 year old daughter, and we deal with the same kinds of issues. I do my best to encourage her to look for the positives,and I give lots of hugs and kisses. Also, your devotional this week was a was a great reminder, of where our strength really is!

Sam Healey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam Healey said...

Hi Chris, this card is really pretty - I can't believe it's almost Easter already!! Hope your daughter's feeling brighter now. Thanks for joining us at Craft US Crazy this week
xxx

scrapn_momof2 said...

Beautiful card Chris!! Thank you for joining us over at CRAFT US CRAZY for this week's challenge.

Trish Hughes said...

thanks so much for joining in on the sc challenge!!!

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.