Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, March 26, 2011
Happy Saturday Everyone!!  The weekend is here and I hope you are all enjoying it!!  It is not too warm but at least there is no more white stuff coming down here. Woo hoo!!

Today I am popping in to share this week's Shining the Light challenge at ODBD.
This weeks challenge: "Frame It" Create a Frame or stamp a frame for your image or sentiment .  A frame does not mean just an extra layer but a real frame whether it be stamped, flowers or a different type of die.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, March 31. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by March 31 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC54. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.
Here is my creation for the challenge:


For my creation I used the ODBD sets: Scripture Collection 5 and Fancy Labels.  
The frame was embossed in gold on Sparkling Spring paper (Prima).  The background dp is also Sparkly Spring.  The scrolls on the bottom and top of my sentiment panel are using the Spellbinders Fancy tags die.  The Fancy Labels stamp from ODBD coordinates with Spellbinders Labels 17 die.  The oval in the middle of the fancy frames stamp is gold glitter paper cut out with my Spellbinders Petite ovals die (large and small).   The roses are Wild Orchids.  If you click on the photo, you can see the dry embossing.

I also made this card to fit the Stamping in Time challenge which is "New".  I used a new product which is my new hat pin from my dear friend Sabrina and the pearls which are new Recollections flourishes available at Michaels.

I plan to send this card to  a dear friend who has cancer and is receiving chemo right now.

Card recipe:
stamps: ODBD sets: Scripture Collection 5 and Fancy Labels
Paper: Prima Sparkling Spring embossed with Soft Swirls from Provocraft, black, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Labels 17 spellbinders, Petite ovals (lg and sm) from Spellbinders, Soft Swirls embossing folder, Wild Orchids Flowers, May Arts White Wrinkled ribbon, Recollection Pearl Flourishes, crystal gems, tear drop lace from Stamp and Create, hat pin from my friend Sabrina 


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Lori- guest designer
To join the challenge, please link your creation here.

challenges I am entering my creation in:
Crafts and Me - Anything GoesDie Cut Dreams - Mother´s Day or Special Friend (thinking of you card for a dear friend)Let´s Ink It Up - Die Cuts/PunchesPaper Cutz - Your ChoiceWild Orchid - Dieing to Punch It OutCrafty Emma - Die Cut CrazyShannon's Sentiments  - Spring ColorsSugar Creek Hollow  -  Stitching Crafty Catz pearls & swirlsColour Create  PastelsDelightful Challenges Pastels and Ribbons Digi Doodle Shop's Best Ribbons & Bows Do You Stack Up? Sparkles and bling Pals Paper Arts - EmbossingThe Rubber Cafe - Embossing
Crafty Creations -  in stitchesFor Fun Challenges -flowers plus sentimentFreshly Brewed - 2 or more embellishments
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great weekend!!
blessings,
CHRIS

49 comments:

Chrissy said...

Very, very pretty Chris.I love all the detail with the bow. Beautiful lace, and that verse is quite moving....I'm sure your friend will find comfort in you card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
This is gorgeous. I love the colours and the embellishment and the inspirational sentiment is just what I need just now. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kathy said...

Goodness what a gorgeous card! I love that scripture and what you've done to highlight it is amazing. I think the stick pin and lace border are my fav elements.:

Saints Rule! said...

This is an amazing card Chris. I love the designer paper and the ribbon. This creation is so rich in detail. Have a great weekend!

Connie B. said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love all the elements that you added. The black accents the other colors beautifully. Very impressed.

Karen W said...

Beautiful card, I just realized I haven't ordered those stamps yet, Geesh I need to get on the ball. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nicola said...

This stunning card will bring great comfort to your friend Chris. Beautiful sentiment, lace, ribbon and floral detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cindy Haffner said...

Chris this is STUNNING!!~

Frea said...

Hello Chris, hop you are well. Thank you for your sweet words on my blog. Love your card, it's so stylish and with such pretty details!! Have a great weekend, hugs Frea

Summerthyme Studio said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing!!!! Just love this!

Hugs

Vicki

Lelia Pierce said...

Wow! I'm blown away, Chris! How beautiful every little detail is...just wow!

XXX

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Love the embellishements and the beautiful Bible Verse! Hugs ~S~

Renkata said...

Chris , your card is so beautiful, amazing layout and the lace is just a lush.

LINDA said...

OH Chris, This is absolutely stunning!! I love everything about it.. The details are wonderful!!Very beautiful work as always.. Hugs, Linda

Francie G. said...

Out stnding over the top gorgeous, Chris! Love the beautiful dp and all your wonderful details!

Marlene said...

Stunning card, Chris! Love your detailed projects. So much to look at! Happy weekend!

Carol L said...

Your card is just gorgeous with all those beautiful details! Love the lace and flowers with that sentiment!

Tammy said...

WOW this is absolutely gorgeous Chris!! I love that tear drop lace! :)

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Chris, girl, this is so very beautiful!!! I absolutely LOVE that DP and need to find some of it ;D;D. Everything on this beauty is in the right place and I am sure that this card will bring lots of joy to the recipient! Have a blessed weekend my friend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Lori said...

Gorgeous, Chris!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Chris!! This is just one gorgeous looking framed creation!! I love your elegant touches here!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!HUGS

Claire said...

Stunning card Chris, really beautiful. Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Denise and Louise said...

A very beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Shannon said...

This is a really spectacular card! Love all the bits and pieces. Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments challenge.

Peggysuez said...

This is beautiful! Love the way you put the embellishments on the top instead of the bottom or side, looks so well balanced.

Grace said...

This is so beautiful inside and out Chris!!! I love these papers, but you knew that, didn't you!!! :) I love everything you create so of course I love this!!! Your framing is gorgeous and I love the stick pin! I need to use mine! I hope you have a great Sunday!!!
hugs,
Grace

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Love that beautiful layered label and all the pretty embellishments! That bow is so elegant looking!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so beautiful. I love all the details.

Fliss said...

Beautiful card Chris and love the lace and flower embellishments.
Thanks for joining in with LIIU die cut/punches challenge and good luck!
x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Chris
A gorgeous and beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

WencheP said...

Gorgeous card, love the big bow. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Susie Sugar said...

Chris this is so elegant I really love all the detail
Thanks for joining us @ the DCD challenge this time please come back tomorrow for our new challenge
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Cec said...

So pretty. I love the floral spray framing that lovely bow. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Betty Wright said...

So gorgeous, Chris! Love the gold detailing and framing design! Wonderful scripture card!

ellabella said...

I visit your blog almost daily and I always love to see the new cards you made.

Mina said...

oh wow Chris as always your card is just amazing...so beautiful and elegant...stunning...thanks for joining in with our Crafts and Me challenge
Mina xxx

Dragonlady said...

So beautiful Chris, love the frame. Thanks for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

Hugs Ali x

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Chris, lovely BP
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Peggysue said...

What a gorgeous card which will no doubt be cherished by your friend. Very elegant!
Thanks for shining in our SHINE ON challenge at DYSU this week. Good luck in the draw!

aqualeiga said...

Oooh, this is sumptuous! I love the whole feel of your card. Thank you for joining the FOR FUN challenge this week. hugs, Ali x

Sue said...

Hi ya
a totally gorgeous card, beautiful papers & embelies,thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Heather said...

This is stunning. I love the lace and soft pinks. I really love the scripture. You always create the most beautiful cards.


Thank you for sharing them and playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges 2 or more embellishments.

Have a blessed day

Michelle Single said...

WOW! This card is breathtaking! Thanks for playing in my challenge with Shannon's Sentiments!

Meghan said...

OH HOW BEAUTIFUL Can You Get!!!!!!
Love the pink!!...My favrit color!!!
The flowers are awesome!!
Hugs,
Meghan

WeirdCat said...

Very pretty, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

leslierahye said...

Beautiful card--love your use of pastels and ribbon! Thank you for joining Delightful Challenges this week!

crafty amy said...

Wow this is such a gorgeous card I LOVE it :D
Thank you for joining us at CES don't forget to check tomorrow to see if you have won and to take part in our new challenge.

Hugs

Amy xx

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Chris what a stunning card!!! LOVE IT!!! The details are fab!!
hugs, Janiel
CCCB

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.