Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, March 5, 2011
Happy Saturday everyone!! I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.  It is suppose to be 50 degrees today, not as cold and no  snow!  Woo hoo!  Spring is coming!!

 Today I would like to share the ODBD Shining the Light challenge with you.


This weeks challenge:

Use at least two of the colors pink, blue, ivory or yellow. There can be other colors but these must be the main colors

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, March 10. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by March 10 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC51. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Now on to my creation!!

I really enjoyed using the springy colors and could not wait to use some of my new K and Co. Sweet Nectar paper.  I just love the colors, shimmer and glitz.  I used the Daffodil tags set and the tag die from Our Daily Bread Designs. I used the colors pink, yellow and blue for the challenge. The ribbon is May Arts Pink Silk.  The gold glitter paper is from American crafts.  The button is from Michaels (Recollections).  The corner is cut out with a Spellbinders Floral Accents die.  The card is sewn with gold thread (you may have to click on the photo to see it). The lace is from Wild Orchids.  The pleated ribbon is from a RAK from my dear friend Sabrina.  Thanks Sabrina!



Card Recipe:
Paper: K and Co. Sweet Nectar, pink, American traditions gold glitter paper
Accessories: ODBD Tag die, Wild Orchids lace, pleated ribbon, Spellbinders ovals, and my Grand Caliber

Delightful Challenges ~ Welcome Spring 
Fab'n Funky #62 ~ Spring into Action 
Pixie Cottage #59 ~ Spring
Everybody-Art #131 ~ Spring
Incy Wincy #83 ~ Spring is in the Air
Dream Valley #1 ~ Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly ~ Anything Goes
Wild Orchid #18 ~ Anything Goes
Shelly's Images ~ Lots of Layers
Critter Sketch #54 ~ Sentiment
Lexi's Creations #34 ~ Flowers
Bunny Zoe's Crafts #9 ~ Flowers Everywhere
Fussy and Fancy ~ Embossing and/or Paper Piecing 
I Did It Creations - Punches or Dies 
Pink Elephant  - Buttons, lace and ribbon  
For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Lori- guest designer


To join the challenge, please link your creation here.
Thanks for stopping by and for your comments.  They are greatly appreciated!
blessings and hugs,



38 comments:

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful card Chris! It is just so feminine.... love it... The lace is just the perfect touch! Hugs!

Cheryl said...

oh this is just so beautiful hun just love the lace,hugs cheryl xx

Dorcas said...

You're so elegant, Chris! I swear you could make an empty toilet paper roll look like a million bucks! (Now there's a challenge for ya! lol) Excellent work. :-)

Becky said...

Chris, just when I think you may have exhausted a little creativity you bring us something even more fabulous! This is just stunning, love the design paper and the gorgeous ribbon.

Ageeth Holster said...

Wauw what a great label (card) did you make Chris, I love it!!!!
Hugs Ageeth x

Vanja said...

This is stunning, Chris! Wonderful colours.
hugs
Vanja

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Hello sweet friend, having some Blogger issues this morning, I hope you saw my e-mail. Your card is stunning beyond words!! I love the touches of gold and that ribbon and lace take it over the top!! A masterpiece!! Have a blessed weekend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Lori said...

Beautiful! I love the new tag die images that you've used. Stunning gold touches everywhere and that button looks fabulous, tied on like that.

ChristineCreations said...

It's totally spring Chris! Such pretty touches of gold too!

chris richards said...

Hi Chris
This is like a breath of fresh air.......so exhilarating! love it !!

I'm back after many computer problems !!!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

Grace said...

Pure gorgeousness Chris!!! I love love love the pretty spring colors of this dp and how you used the tag with the gold sparkly dp! So many beautiful touches!!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend my friend!

Deb said...

this is so beautiful Chris, you could enter it into CCT too, we have a spring theme this week!" hugs debx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Chris,I love your papers and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

Beautiful! I love the ribbon/lace. Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Chris, very feminine and your spring colours are awesome. Thanks for joining the 'flower' challenge at Lexi's Creations!

Nikki said...

Beautifully done Chris love that big brass button looks fab Thanks for Sharing at Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

Shelly's Images said...

aaaah.....I want to see this one in person! And I love the sentiment!

Thanks so much for joining our "Lots of Layers" challenge this week at Shelly's Images.

Silke Ledlow said...

So, so beautiful Chris! Love the sparkly flourishes and the awesome tag! Hugs ~S~

Carrie's Corner said...

Great card! I love the bright spring colors. Can't wait til flowers start blooming again! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges!

Hugs
Carrie

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Sentiment Challenge Blog for our Critter Challenge! Good Luck! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Jeanette said...

This is so pretty and feminine. I love all of the pretty detail. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous, I love the glittered elements and the lace is beautiful.

Betty Wright said...

Chris, this is wonderful! I saw this at SCS and just had to come over and give another shout out! Beautiful!

Melodie said...

Good morning Chris,
again you have made such a lovely card. You always surprise me with your beautiful creations.
Oh, I could only half soooo beautiful as you own cards.

Melodie said...

Sorry, have not forgotten all the enthusiasm, you love to leave greetings.
Hugs
Melodie

Julie E said...

Another beauty! Fab details - gold thread?!!!

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous flourish in the corner and such pretty embellishments! Have a wonderful day!

Michele said...

beautiful card, love the tag and bow. thanks for playing the critter sketch challenge.

*Vicki* said...

So beautiful and elegant Chris!! I'm loving the big pink bow!! WOW!

Francie G. said...

Gorgeous, Chris! Fabulous ribbon and lace treatment! Hugs!

Meghan said...

What a beautiful card Mom!! I just love all the sparkle and the flowers. So pretty!
Love you!

hugs and kisses,
Meghan

Anonymous said...

Oh how Beautiful Chris! I just love that blue-green with the pink and yellow and the touches of gold. Gorgeous tag!
hugs,
Marty

Anonymous said...

What a springy creation!! I just love the daffodils. It is one of my favorite flowers. Beautiful tag and design.
~Shirley

Anonymous said...

What a pretty and cheery card!! I just love the colors and design. So elegant!! Love the tag!

Sharon said...

What a great card.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you again.
Sharon x

Katie said...

Lovely Spring card and great use of the sketch!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Suzi said...

Gorgeous card, love the sheer femininity of it. Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Min said...

Just beautiful - I love all the fibers you used!
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Shelly's Images for our Lots of Layers Challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.